Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by GoodLordApollo, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Your upload speed must be crazy choked by this point.

2. Potarto

I've been playing quite a bit of it, definitely enjoying it so far. I figure at least Skaara has to have done so too; anyone else? (also post system in case we can co-op or something)

Also, a fun little tidbit I found on the Destiny Subreddit:
    Interesting parallel with an old nursery rhyme:

Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
    How I wonder what you are.
    Up above the world so high,
    Like a diamond in the sky.

When the blazing sun is gone,
    When he nothing shines upon,
    Then you show your little light,
    Twinkle, twinkle, all the night.

Then the traveller in the dark,
    Thanks you for your tiny spark,
    He could not see which way to go,
    If you did not twinkle so.

In the dark blue sky you keep,
    And often through my curtains peep,
    For you never shut your eye,
    'Till the sun is in the sky.

As your bright and tiny spark,
    Lights the traveller in the dark.
    Though I know not what you are,
    Twinkle, twinkle, little star.

Up above the world so high,
    Like a diamond in the sky.

3. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

I played it for a couple hours on a mates PS4 and i have to say the GAME is fine, it functions great it looks fantastic and runs great but the story is a little naff not to mention the mission variety from what i saw was not very good

Couple questions

Is that robot thingy peter dinklage?
    Are there any car combat mechanics?
    Does the loot drop system get any better?

4. Yes, actually:

[YOUTUBE]si0ERb5mZnU[/YOUTUBE]

5. Potarto

It kind of reminds me of Dark Souls a bit; the plot almost might as well be non-existent, but the lore is pretty damn thick. I wish they'd implemented more of the stories from the Grimoire cards into the game.

There are a few fun missions (like the vehicle sections, the sword mission, etc.) but the objectives don't really seem to vary much. I've heard the Vault of Glass introduces a metric ton of new mechanics, but I'm still building up a character and a team to give it a shot.

We're also supposed to get more free content updates for a bit before they start releasing paid DLC, so I'm interested to see what's next.

You can't upgrade your sparrow with any weapons as far as I can tell, but there are a few missions where you can use vehicles for some extra firepower.

Sorta. Depends on what level you're at. You start getting more interesting weapons and armor levels 16-20, and the randomness of engrams can be pretty terrible. But I've gotten most of my current gear just from a week of on-and-off Crucible playing (which doesn't seem to be factored by how well you do, so it's still more laid back). Thankfully, the current most effective ways of "Grinding" seem to involve Crucible Marks (which I think is actually pretty fun), Strike Playlists (which can be fun with a good team, otherwise the boss battles are a chore), and Public Events (which are pretty awesome, and they recently more than doubled their frequency). Alongside bounties and Daily/Weekly stuff, you can just straight-up buy tons of Legendary gear in the tower and skip the RNG of being at the Cryptarch's mercy, all after a week or two; this is pretty damn quick for an "MMO", but might be slow compared to some RPG's.

There's a lot of layers to the game's mechanics, and most of it isn't explained very well (i.e. the fact that different damage types do different damage to certain shields based off of their color). This means that some people who are used to having more straightforward tutorials might have a hard time with the game, but it's fostering a really interesting community, where every new little quirk that people figure out causes a big wave.