Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by GoodLordApollo, Feb 21, 2013.

1. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

This game sounds awesome. For those of you haven't heard of this new IP here is a brief explanation of what it is. Also here is the Destiny website.

2. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Not impressed. pc has had similar stuff for ages. =S

3. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

Was surprised it wasn't here yet. Yea it looks insane, but why isn't it coming to pc?

4. GoodLordApollo

I'm pretty sure it is coming to PC though.

5. Shurfire

If you check the website you can only pre-order it on xbox 360 and ps3.

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

I really really really really hope it's coming out for PC, because this game is looking too damn awesome!!! Really, I have never ever gotten such a good first-impression of a game. I love Sci-Fi and I love Apocalyptic, and I die for the mixture. Being able to change your appearance, pluss the fact that the different appearances are looking very very awesome! And the fact that it can be social.

I've played a lot of HL2RP which is a mixture of Sci-fi and Apocalyptic roleplay. I have loved many of the passive (social) moments, and disliked when the admins have created too much action and no time for passive roleplay. Destiny is of course looking to be a game based more on action than being passive or social, but it's in fact not roleplay either way. It's a game made for action, yet it still has socialness in it. Half life 2 roleplay was not made for action.

I also find it funny how I recently have watched season 1 and 2 of Stargate Universe, where the ship that they are on is called "Destiny" :D

Also, you'll find in the video at the bottom of that link that Apollo posted, the guy who talks says "Last Light" once :D

7. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

ps4 confirmed.

8. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

Care to elaborate? I thought the explanatory video was amazing. The OST already sounds...while reminiscent of Halo, still amazing in it's own way. I was getting chills throughout the entire video.

This game and Watch Dogs seem to be at the forefront of game developing today, and I am proud to be a gamer at this point in time. Amazing things are being done.

9. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

THe whole social things been done to death already in pc. Though I guess its cool consoles are making jump :)

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I've heard about this a few days ago (read about it in the same article on GS) and I've gotta say it does sound very promising... but remember that it's nothing until it proves that it can keep those promises.

11. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

i can see a tidal wave of Dee EL Cee and micro transations

12. Shurfire

I don't know if you're trolling or serious...

You've never played a Bungie game it seems. Bungie games have always had an amazing amount of quality and the only micro-transaction ever put into their games were map packs that gave about 5 maps (which is a lot more since map packs currently only give about 3) and they were 5-10 bucks while other map packs are 15. Don't insult one of my favorite developers if you don't know shit about them.

13. TotalAaron

i didnot mean to be serious it was a attempt at humor after the EA thingy but 10 years i mean wheww thats along time to keep the game running unless they fill it with a yearly expansion pack or something like what COD does

14. GoodLordApollo

People have only begun to stop playing Halo 2 after the servers were shut down. This is mostly because of the PC community.

15. TotalAaron

Point taken apollo=1 TA=0 millwall-3

16. Shurfire

People are still playing the hell out of Halo CE. You can get on and find like 100 servers full. Bungie games are just so well made. I just wish they would make games for PC. Destiny would be so much more on PC.

17. TotalAaron

I'm not trolling but I don't think I have ever played a bungee game before

18. Shurfire

You've never played halo? (Other than halo 4 and CEA). You gotta play them. Bungie was more into their community than Deep Silver is with us.

19. TotalAaron

I'm tempted to buy a xboxjust for this

20. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I know bungie isn't crowd funded but I love it for that reason. instead of asking big investors what they want they ask the fans that!
    Even If you dont want to donate to star citizen I recommend Going to the chat. There is almost always a dev on weekdays. And they answer Q/A 3 times a week day http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen-live-chat/