Dark Souls (Story mode)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Komodo Saurian, Apr 5, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

Dark Souls takes place in the fictional kingdom of Lordran. Players assume the role of a cursed human character who has been chosen to make a pilgrimage out of the Undead Asylum to discover the fate of the undead. The plot of Dark Souls is primarily told through descriptions of in-game items and dialogue with non-playable characters. Players must piece together what vague information they obtain in order to understand the story, rather than having it laid out for them by the game. Dark Souls garnered recognition due to its grueling difficulty and unforgiving challenge. The game world is filled with weapons, armor and consumable items that serve to assist the player throughout their journey.

Dark Souls received high praise from critics due to its difficulty and deeply rooted mythology.

I'm here to kick ass and kick ass. And I'm all out of kick ass. Let's see how it goes.

The rules are the same as with Metro. Make it interesting and/or entertaining to watch first and foremost.

Part 1: Intro and Northern Undead Asylum

[YOUTUBE]pjt5sVDZfJA[/YOUTUBE]

Part 2: Undead Burg

[YOUTUBE]hQsnhQDmEcQ[/YOUTUBE]

Part 3: Undead Parish

[YOUTUBE]1_LdjhW65Vw[/YOUTUBE]

Part 4: Darkroot Garden

[YOUTUBE]4Tz2JDzndqM[/YOUTUBE]

Part 5: Back to Asylum

[YOUTUBE]VGBQkXRoy28[/YOUTUBE]

Part 6: Lower Undead Burg

[YOUTUBE]iQznwDhgbDI[/YOUTUBE]

Part 7: Depths

[YOUTUBE]OJJQLYeCP30[/YOUTUBE]

#1 Komodo Saurian, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2014
  2. Part 1: Intro and Northern Undead Asylum

[YOUTUBE]pjt5sVDZfJA[/YOUTUBE]

3. Part 2: Undead Burg

[YOUTUBE]hQsnhQDmEcQ[/YOUTUBE]

4. Part 3: Undead Parish

[YOUTUBE]1_LdjhW65Vw[/YOUTUBE]

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

I am very interested in the medieval, especially when it comes to games, and I've seen a lot of my friends in Steam play this game.
    But in Skyrim, I didn't like all the ancient underground tunnels and zombies and wizards and witches and dragons etc. etc. It did add interesting plots and scenes to the game, and I don't think the game would have gotten as far as it did if it hadn't had all that, but I still didn't like it that much. I'd like a game that's purely swords, bows, animals and humans.
    Dark Souls is actually based on all of that unnatural and magic stuff, the name itself says it itself.

6. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

It's definitely far from a realistic medieval settings, and I'm usually with you on a lot of that stuff, but a lot of the stuff in the game is just so outlandish and creatively ridiculous that it's hard not to admire a lot of it.

7. I agree, however DS in unique in a way that it is not strictly speaking Western Fantasy. Aside from lore and that even if you "win" everything is still fucked (A lot like Metro series), one of the biggest differences is that dying is not a game over and is a part of the gameplay.

Souls series also has one of the most fluid looking combat systems I've ever seen with most weapons having a separate unique moveset that can be mixed and matched in addition to a character movement system to which skyrim's bashing the enemy with three different hits until one of you dies doesn't live up to in any way.

It's from Japan. It's supposed to be weird.

Either way thank you for giving me those 2.5 more views. I'll keep posting these in case somebody else will find it entertaining.

8. Potarto

Yeah, it's definitely one of the most fluid and impactful combat systems I've seen. Keep 'em coming, I'm always commenting on youtube even if I'm not on here. You could also post them around on the DS forums and subreddit if you really want, maybe tag them with something like "flawless completionist run", etc. I believe that the Wiki's forums is pretty friendly towards content creators.

9. I don't think it's flawless and I'm pretty sure Reddit does not allow self-promotion.

10. Potarto

Depends on the subreddit. A lot of the smaller, more focused subreddits tend to be alright with it to a decent degree (I've seen some Minecraft Youtubers gain popularity through r/minecraft, and I got positive comments and ratings from posting my Metro and Dead Space videos to their subjective subreddits), while the more general ones like r/gaming tend to lash out more against it.

And generally speaking: the less popular communities are, the more they tend to appreciate quality Original Content when it shows up. So it's all about striking a nice balance.

#10 Potarto, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
  11. I know. The content I posted on the fallout subreddit, a game I'm a huge fan of, got thousands of views every time within hours.

27k http://imgur.com/zn72JYD
    19k http://imgur.com/dJnZ4I8
    15k http://imgur.com/HiV1FoA
    10k http://imgur.com/CeUQiXb
    8k http://imgur.com/s0sag08

But the problem with YT is that I earn money with it. I'm not so sure about people appreciating me promoting it personally on other websites. I'd rather play it safe. You can post it there if you want to, but I'll refrain from that.

12. Part 4: Darkroot Garden

[YOUTUBE]4Tz2JDzndqM[/YOUTUBE]

#12 Komodo Saurian, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2014
  13. Part 5: Back to Asylum

[YOUTUBE]VGBQkXRoy28[/YOUTUBE]

14. Part 6: Lower Undead Burg

I don't like dogs.

[YOUTUBE]iQznwDhgbDI[/YOUTUBE]

15. Part 7: Depths

Dang, I forgot to bring my Crystal Halberd.

[YOUTUBE]OJJQLYeCP30[/YOUTUBE]

16. Part 8: Blighttown 1

Framerate is insufficient for Online play. Returning to the Title menu.

[YOUTUBE]hybIzAPNkm8[/YOUTUBE]

17. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Ok im stuck i need help

Build- Cleric-Knight
    Level= 29
    Right arm- Black knight Sword+5
    Left Arm - Heater shield+5
    Elite knight armour set+3
    Canvas Tailsman

Anyway problem is this build is great for normal guys and bosses but i seem to be stuck in blighttown or more specificaly the swamp, i enter through the vally of drakes all fine fight the three trolls fine but as soon as i bloody touch the swamp water insta toxic then i am dead 10 seconds later

I seem to have a stupidly low toxic resist but everything looks fine in the stat sheet what the hell am i ding wrong?

18. Water gives you poison. Blowdart snipers give you toxic (Kills faster than poison).

Go get a poisonbite ring from Oswald like I did in the last video. Go to the darkroot garden and farm the trees for blooming purple moss, it removes poison and toxic status when used.

19. TotalAaron

EDIT Sorry i am stupid forgot to murder a butterfly, Thanks for the info komo :D

#19 TotalAaron, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
  20. TotalAaron

Yay Im hijacking the thread, huzza for necroposting

Anyway i just got to

Ash lake after the pain in the ass that is the great hollow, i am now level 41 and am now packing a lightning spear and a thief armour set+10