Dark Souls 2

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Komodo Saurian, Apr 25, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

The game was just released for the PC and it is great, but the controls were once again designed by a giant alien squid. So if you bought this version, here is a video on which function does what so you can rebind default controls to something more comfortable:

[YOUTUBE]vBXcIM-SvJw[/YOUTUBE]

And here is how to fix if the game refuses to let you do special moves:

[YOUTUBE]Z9Uogx2ICL8[/YOUTUBE]

#1 Komodo Saurian, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
  2. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

For some reason the youtube vidoes show up as a white field when using chrome, even with AdBlock disabled. It works perfectly fine on Firefox, but I wonder if there is an easy fix to this?

3. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Neat stuff, I for one welcome our new Giant Alien Squid Overlords. Good editing and choreographing as usual.

No issues on my end when I use Chrome, and tried it with and without adblock to no change in result. So, no clue.

#3 Potarto, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
  4. After spending 37 hours in it, I can tell you that the Dark Souls 2 is amazing from a lore standpoint and gameplay mechanics, but borked controls on PC, new soul memory mechanic, ease of cheating, lack of moderation, absence of player ping from matchmaking and forced multiplayer make it a giant pile of shit, nullifying all other positive sides of it.

I've uninstalled it and I'm not going back anytime soon.

#4 Komodo Saurian, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
  5. Potarto

Well, alright then. When you refer to the "soul memory" mechanic, are you referring to how it matches you up with other players based on the total souls you've earned instead of your level?

6. Yeah, you are not allowed to stay at low level and you are not allowed to lose souls. If you do, you'll quickly lag behind the invaders that actually got to use the souls.

This only sounds good on paper though, because it takes less than a minute to give yourself billions of souls and set your soul memory back to low level matchmaking with a simple hex editor and gank people. First game was just as bad, really, but to be fair it was a bit harder to pull it off.

#6 Komodo Saurian, Apr 28, 2014
  7. Potarto

[youtube]Dk23nhXQiW0[/youtube]
    [youtube]R68zxKDxPJE[/youtube]
    Yeah, I've heard of countless ways to get an unfair advantage in PvP.

#7 Potarto, Apr 28, 2014