Crazy Card Trick

Discussion in 'Pointless Fun' started by NuclearWastE3, Oct 12, 2015.

1. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

[​IMG]

A while back, I came across an array of mindless, entertaining, time-consuming, web-based, material. Among them was a game called "The Crazy Card Trick." I wasn't expecting anything extraordinary; but, after completing the damn thing several times over, I was amazed. The game starts off by asking you to choose a suit of cards (clubs, hearts, spades, diamonds) and then to forget about the suit that you chose. I don't understand the purpose of that step (I really don't think it serves a purpose) but it's there. Afterward, you eventually progress to a screen where 6 cards are presented to you -all 4 suits are displayed. It then tells you to mentally select one of the six cards and that the one card you chose will magically disappear by the next step -the crazy think is that it really does.

There's no ficken way that it's possible! I don't understand!! Every time, the game has guessed the card that I mentally chose. No way. Just no. Some type of voodoo-crap-magic must have been used to make this game. I tried several approaches to try and beat the game....But....Every time....It wins :eek:. At times, I've chosen one card and, at the last second, picked another card and the game still removes the correct one. It's F'N crazy.

Here, you give it a try:

Crazy Card Trick

There's a solution and explanation to how the trick is done. If you're interested and want to ruin the surprise, then, by all means, watch the video below. I haven't watched it since I want to keep the trick a mystery; so, I ask of those who do decide to watch the video and discuss it within the thread to keep the solution hidden, within spoiler tags or an obvious *SPOILER* indication, as a courteous gesture for those of us who wish to keep the trick a mystery. Enjoy. ;)
    [YOUTUBE]ezkqdoTfkww[/YOUTUBE]

2. The cards at the end and the cards I choose from appear to be different. Strange.

3. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Komodo......You're so smart. What an excellent, excellent observation....I'm just....Ahhhh :eek:

This is me right now:
    [YOUTUBE]WmNnn8_t8Yo[/YOUTUBE]

4. I looked at the solution in the first post and turns out I thought right :D

I hid my answer under the spoiler tag.

5. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Seriously. I would have never been able to figure it out. *in a Duke Nukem Voice* Hail to the Komodo, baby! :bowdown: