Count to 10,000!

Discussion in 'Pointless Fun' started by Luster, May 4, 2011.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I was gonna say that makes the three of us, but I was actually around a month away from my 15th bday when I joined. :p

2. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Yo all my homie boys!! (throws random signs with hands and fingers thinking he's a real gangster). Guys, holy hell! How've you all been? I missed the shit out of you guys. Believe it or not, you guys were in the back of my mind for this entire time that I’ve been gone. I'm happy to see that this forum is still up and that we still have our group of frequent members on here. Damn, fellas, is been a long time. Lets see....where can I start.....

I know several months ago, I made an appearance on here due to being able to access, the internet, through a phone that I bought; however, I quickly learned that it was rather uncomfortable to use, for forum use, and my data plan would quickly run out. It became expensive, so I basically decided to cut the data and use it for call and text for my work on the ambulance. Did I even mention I worked at an ambulance company??!!

Well, for a few months, I worked at a private ambulance company. We were basically a "back-up" ambulance for when the official city fire department would get nailed with incidents and needed additional resources to handle their calls. In between those, 98% of our calls were patient transports from nursing homes, daycare places, and other similar places to hospital or doctor appointments. I really never saw anything that would be considered a "real" emergency. I mean, yeah, the patients were in poor health conditions, but they were originally picked up from a medical facility and only transported somewhere else with a higher level of care for their needs. Kind of difficult to explain, but I would just consider that we were a very expensive taxi with medical benefits :p

Anyway bros, during the time I worked there, I was in the process of getting hired by my local city fire department. I had to go through a long process of testing, medical exams, and multiple interviews with the head fire chiefs of the department. With luck and my determination, I made the cut. I heard that 800 people applied for the class (which was considered a "Pre-certified" class since all of us took fire and medical programs, available at our local college). Out of those 800 that applied, only 22 of us were accepted. DANG :eek:. and one of those was me! I left my ambulance job, shaved my head (per requirement of the training academy), and went ahead in what I thought was a strong state of physical shape into the training compound.......Nah....just nah....On our first day, we stood outside of the facility, in formation, and they worked the shit out of us. We got our asses kicked for sure. The entire first week that I was there was complete hell. Everyday, my body ached more than the first, and it made the workouts x10 more difficult because of the soreness....

and then, FRIDAY came....FRIDAY WAS HOSEDAY...We were trained crazy hard that day for about 8 hours straight (with occasional 2 minute water breaks in between). We mostly carried around a 45lbs (20kg) rolled up hose, on our shoulders, and performed workouts with them. We ran up the training tower a shit ton of times with them also (which was 5 story tall building). We also did 6 mile "Indian runs" with a long, heavy-ass hoses. My neck and shoulders were chafed and raw because the hose was constantly running across them. I was definitely in extreme pain and had the instructors yelling at me for "slowing down" the progress of the run. Weirdly enough, I was one of 2 guys who had their shoulders and necks shredded because of the hose.....Don't know why everyone else managed to avoid that, but then again, we were also the tallest of our class (maybe it was because of height?). Well, anyway, for our first week, 7 people dropped out either because they simply quit or because injury from working out. Thankfully, I pulled through. I kind of teared up after finishing up the first weak and completing that brutal workout on FRIDAY. The rest of the academy consisted of more workouts and lectures. It was tough guys....Good thing was that it was a short academy since we were all "pre-certified". It lasted 2 months instead of a hellish 6. I completed the academy and got badged as an official firefighter :cool:. I'm now working at a fire station literally a minute away from my house. It’ fricken cool man. I love it. The people there are supper cool and just making emergency calls is really exhilarating…..even when we get up woken up at 2am in the morning.

It's been a year since I've begun my goal in becoming a fireman; and as quickly as the decision came for ditching my enginerring plans, I feel that the dream came just as quick. I don't regret it.

And guys, I'm back, for reals this time. You'll be getting full time Nuclear here. I got my computer working and I got the internets back. I've made some major improvements on my system since the last time we last spoken. I'll speak of that in the "last thing you bought" thread. I also got another thing to reveal on there as well that I know you all will like. I'll probably post about that tomorrow. ;)

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Nuclear, it's wonderful to see you back bro! :D And I'm very happy to hear how things have been working out for you, also glad that you're staying. Man, the journey you've been through sounds quite awesome and I'm really happy that you've achieved this. It does actually sound like a cool job. Looking forward to hearing more from you. :)

4. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

Good to have you back Nuke and congrats, not many people get to achieve their dream and I'm glad you were able to.:)

5. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Thanks, guys! We will go ahead and cheeki breeki this forum over again. I'm glad to be let back in with open arms :D

By the way, Bamul, I know you've had your new avatar for a while, but I don't think anyone has asked about it....Where is it from?

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

It is from an old poster for this film, which you can watch in its entirety with English subtitles here:

[YOUTUBE]5h3VKY_ihJg[/YOUTUBE]

7. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Oh yeah, the O-bi Wan Kenobi (Star Wars) film. That's what I've been calling it ever since you made this movie know, here on the forum :D I've been wanting to watch it since the time you made a thread about it; especially since it pays homage to some of my favorite movies and games (like Salute of the Jugger, which stars the lead hobo from Hobo With A Shotgun :madgrin:). Yeah man, this is cool. It's a good time of year to watch it too since it's getting all cold and all. I will watch it, for sure, sometime between now and the end of the month. I'll be sure to post my opinion in the original thread.

8. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Hey Skaara, has your fingernail on your right hand grown back yet? I have a similar issue; only thing is that it is on my right foot. I somehow got injured, during training, on the first week in the academy. I'm not sure what it was that did it, but I had noticed a build up of blood underneath the nail of the "pointer" toe (the one next to the big toe). At first, I assumed it was bruising; but, after about a week, it stayed looking the same. I got a needle and managed to drain out any blood that was pooled unearthed. Yeah, pretty disgusting. Anyway, like 3-weeks later, the nail just came off nothing has come back since. LOL. It luckily never hurt.

---------------------
    Some Cheeki Breeki goodness:
    [YOUTUBE]GvAYMrpDqMU[/YOUTUBE]

#4328 NuclearWastE3, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2016
  9. Skaara Dreadlocks

Yeah, both fingernails fell off and they're about 2/3 of the way now. They don't look very good, but They probably will eventually. Some people said "Ah, it's possible you won't get a new nail at all!", but idk if that's actually possible. I mean, they should grow out again. :noidea:
    And you are indeed lucky it didn't hurt, my pinky finger was aching like crazy for a couple of weeks with all the pressure of blood underneath it :p

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Gonna be gone from next morning till early on Friday as I'm flying to Poland to attend a funeral.

11. NuclearWastE3

Regular

That's good. :)

Oh shiza! That's bad. It'll get better man.

And ouch. I was surprized on my side. Not one bit of pain.

:(

12. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Who keeps loging in as the secret Zedd Admin? "IT" has been on the forum often, but has yet to post anything. I know Skaara was using the account for a while, just to test it's admin powers; but I belive Skaara has the upper hand when it comes to that -so loggin in as Zedd doesn't seem practicle on his end. Im just wondering is all

13. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

No idea, but it's kinda annoying that Zedd doesn't fully delete the spam threads. And I always thought it was automated, but I honestly have no clue.

14. Skaara Dreadlocks

^ This. I suspect it's an automated user/bot that Harley has created as an experiment. She's a crazy scientist who's made an unholy mutant beast! :eek:

Btw, I can't remember ever logging into that Zedd account. Have I done so? :noidea:
    It could be possible for me to change the password of that account and then log into it, maybe I've done that. I can delete it too :p

15. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Will we ever know? :spy:

Yeah, yeah....at one point you did....I'm quite sure of it. The mention of it is buried several pages back in this thread. But it is strange how it just began visiting the forum, again, without the apparent control from anyone on this forum. What’s even more odd is the fact that it stopped visiting once we brought up the topic. Man, WTF is going on :laugh:

----------------------
    Hey, hope you guys had a good holiday christmas/kwanzaa/hanukkah.....And I forgot to pimp my avatar with a Santa hat this year :sad: And early merry christmas for Russian January 7th ;)
    [YOUTUBE]0mVqecP8oWY[/YOUTUBE]

16. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

You too Nuclear, and I wanna wish everyone a happy new year already since I probably won't be on the forum often in the next few days - what with Silvester's coming up and all.

17. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Yeah, and happy new year as well :) I hope this one is more slav the last :D :D

Yo, does anyone remember how to link your steam profile in you signature? Skaara?....Mr.Jimbo???

18. Skaara Dreadlocks

Go to "User CP" in top left corner, choose "Edit Your Details" under Your Profile, should be the first thing in the list on the left side. Then at the bottom of the page that comes up, you can enter your steam profile link. But that doesn't answer the question though, does it... :lol:

http://steamsignature.com/

Follow the instructions to customize your own steam signature, then you embedd the direct .png link into your steam-ID as a URL in the forum. Let me try to make an example for you without actually posting it as a URL/IMG:

url='http://steamcommunity.com/id/Skaaradreads/']img]http://steamsigmaker.de/bg/Skaaradreads.png/img]/url]

I removed four [ signs in that text. One before the "url]", one before the "img]", one before the "/img]" and one before the "/url]".

If you look closely, you can see that the steam signature png link is added as an Image inside the URL to your steamprofile.

#4338 Skaara Dreadlocks, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2017
  19. NuclearWastE3

Regular

^
    Heck yeah! My posts are starting to look sexy :p Thanks, ol' pal :D
    I went ahead and created a new steam account. As some of you may remember, I was using my dad's account for the longest time. I had to re-purchase the games I had bought before, but, luckily, they were heavily discounted due to the winter steam sell (so it wasn't all that bad). It just feels good having my own account now. :D I'll go ahead and send you friend request later on....So, hit accept when a person named "nuclear" wants to be your friend (that is, if you want to, of course :p)

Edit: and the direct link to my account isn't working. I tried to do it in the signature tab, but the forum rejects it saying "NO BB Code ALLOWED!" It does, however, work when I paste the BB Code url in a regular forum post. The only problem with that is that the picture will link you to the STEAM SIGNATURE page.....not my profile page. I'll trouble-shoot this some more.

#4339 NuclearWastE3, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2017
  20. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Alright, I've sent you an invite (I recently switched my profile picture to one of Geralt - from Wiedźmin - holding a lit torch in front of a pissed off wolf).