Count to 10,000!

Discussion in 'Pointless Fun' started by Luster, May 4, 2011.

1. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Ha, 1 and 2 translate to "Eh!" and "Oi, bro" here in New Zealand too. We're kinda blunt and no BS too. I mean, recently a member of Parliament had a dildo thrown at his head by a protestor because, and I quote, he is "raping our sovereignty" :p

#4301 Von Streff, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2016
  2. Skaara Dreadlocks

What, I don't even... :lol:

3. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

4. DaDeadlyCheese

DaDeadlyCheese Well-Known Member

crikey, I just realised I haven't stopped by here in ages, how is everyone?
    :)

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

Hey man, welcome back from the dead! We're all doing fine, I suppose. Little activity as usual :p

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

Finally got to try my armor today! I still lack a few parts, but I got to borrow some spare stuff from my trainer: padded pants, collar, skirt, shield and weapon. All the rest is my armor :D It has some major flaws that needs to be fixed, I'm working on it. One thing is the gloves.... they must be replaced, as you can tell by how terrible the fight ended today in this video:

https://www.facebook.com/757410262/videos/10157554967295263/

The gloves aren't properly attached inside the metal, so when I grabbed around the handle of the mace, my fingers stuck out from behind the metal protection, and my trainer of course hit me on that exact spot with full force from his sword. My fingernail was split in two halves and the bone in the tip of the finger was crushed. At the hospital, the entire nail was removed and I got seven stitches and a huge bandage. It hurts like hell, and I won't be able to fight for maybe six weeks or so, and I have to send the gloves back to Ukraine to get my money back and then buy some new ones which takes a frickin' eternity. Even soft kit training and working out at the gym will be post-poned now. And I probably won't be able to work even though my boss really needs me there now because everyone's gonna want to change to winter-tyres at the same time of course. To top it all off, worst of all, we were gonna go to denmark for a whole weekend and do a lot of armor fighting with the danes, but I guess I can't do that now. That guy who sold me those gloves is really going to hear this... as if it wasn't enough with all the problems on the other armor-parts, these gloves are useless :rant:

I love my grunting after I get hit though :lol:

Edit:
    Here's a photo of the bandage and my aching pinky-finger, I have a photo of when the nail was removed and the stitching was just finished, still fresh and full of blood, but I doubt anyone here wants to see that :p
    [​IMG]

#4306 Skaara Dreadlocks, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2016
  7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Sucks to hear about your finger Skaara, I hope you'll be back to normal soon. Be careful with what you buy for this and during the fights in general, even though you're in armour it's still a fairly dangerous sport. ;)

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

Thanks for the compassion, I appreciate it :D

That's the thing though - It really isn't! Compared to many other sports, this one is relatively safe. It's actually unusual to get serious injuries like this one, in this sport. Just to mention one example: my trainer has been doing this for over two years and has never had a serious injury. But yes, it does hurt none the less, even at the most armored places :p

I've contacted the guy who sold me the gloves, and luckily he wants to make me a satisfied customer, and it doesn't really surprise me; unserious sellers get unpopular real quickly in this trade because there aren't that many of them, and faulty or problematic armor is very unpopular. Rumors spread fast between the few groups/buyers/merchants/blacksmiths. There are even a couple groups devoted solely to point out scammers or unserious sellers :lol:

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

That's interesting, I thought there'd be more risk involved. Still, you are basically slashing at each other with steel, so do keep an eye out heh. Glad you reached an agreement with the seller though.

On an unrelated note, below I'm sharing a video from a gig I went to last night. It was something new for me as I've never been to a concert that wasn't of a metal/rock/punk kind. In the end it was pretty much just as great though.

[YOUTUBE]AMbORoWDpNc[/YOUTUBE]

10. Skaara Dreadlocks

Huh, that looks pretty special. I assume everyone were dancing around? 'Cause otherwise I can imagine it'd be pretty dull to just stand there and look at the stage compared to what it's like at a concert :p Still though, it looked pretty neat. These are the things I wanna go to :sad:

I rather think I'll keep both my eyes in ;)

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Of course, would be pretty gloomy if they didn't. :p

TYes, that sounds like the better option heh

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I won't be here for a while starting tomorrow (heading back to the old country for a week).

13. Skaara Dreadlocks

Ah, have a nice trip! Make sure to get sum o' dat pickles and vodka, eh? ;)

14. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Thanks Skaara, and I wish I did but I've had to cut down on the drinking lately due to my anti-depressants (they make alcohol have a greater effect on me so I can't drink as much). :p

I got back on the 8th, haven't been around on the forum as much due to IRL stuff getting in the way. I've decided to interrupt my studies for a year (considering dropping out completely) and I'm looking for a job now.

To end this post on a more positive note, here is a video of a gig I went to while I was in Poland:

[YOUTUBE]AqwsGDrO9gA[/YOUTUBE]

15. Skaara Dreadlocks

Holy crap, these guys are sick! :lol: The first group was pretty good though, I like the mix of heavy metal and violin/flute, kinda like Obscurus Orbis who played at the medieval festival. A shame the recording was so bad though, but it looks like I would've enjoyed being there at least :D

---

As you probably know, I've been an apprentice as a Toyota mechanic for two years and passed the mechanics test at the end of August, and got told there was no space for me to get a job there afterwards as a mechanic, but my boss was nice and gave me a temporary 3-month job as an all-round helper with a relatively low paycheck. Yet a mechanic was gone that period, so I ended up doing more complicated mechanic-jobs than tyre-jobs which I was originally assigned and primarily paid for.

So now that the temporary job period is over on Wednesday, my boss came over and said he had a job opportunity for me after all, as a last resort because of the positive spirit I had kept for the three months despite my low paycheck. His request to give me this specific job was accepted by "the highest council", who wanted to give me quite a bit more than before, but still slightly lower paycheck than what I ultimately could get. I thought "Wow, that much??", but then he continued by saying he had negotiated with them and managed to get me an even higher paycheck to make up for the previously low paycheck. MONEY! :D

[YOUTUBE]?v=yeVx1C73o8k[/YOUTUBE]

Toyota takes in a used car that is for sale, gets a mechanic to find the flaws so the price is lowered, then they buy it, then they get a mechanic to fix it and then they sell it again for a higher price and drag in the cash. This flaw-finding and fixing on used-cars is underprioritized, so the used-car-sale is going slow. Now he'll assign me to a work-station that was available after all (There was one mechanic using two work-stations at once, that aint gon happen no more), and I'm gonna be the one who does most of the used-car-jobs. I'll kind of be in my own league/category and not just be a regular mechanic, so it'll be interesting to see how that goes.

TLDR; I'm getting a mechanic job at Toyota after all, and it's well-paid. I might finally move out and get my own place in a month or two :D

I realize I might be boasting and I'm sorry, I just have that "I've got to tell the world!"-feeling, you know? :p Anyway, what kind of a job are you gonna be seeking, Bamul? Oh, and welcome back ;)

16. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

Congrats Skaara.

17. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yeah, congrats indeed! And don't feel as though you're boasting - you worked hard for this and finally got something out of it, you've got plenty to be proud of. :)

As for what job I'm looking for? Right now, anything that will put food on the table heh

18. Skaara Dreadlocks

Gee, thanks :D

Hm, well the market is big then! :)

19. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

It's really weird to think that I was only 15 when I joined this forum. It's been a while

20. Skaara Dreadlocks

It has indeed. I was also 15 when I first joined here. :)