Count to 10,000!

Discussion in 'Pointless Fun' started by Luster, May 4, 2011.

1. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

It certainly looks interesting. Not something I'd play of course since given the description and the few images supplied I'd probably be lost 2mins in.

2. Eru Cozorav

Eru Cozorav Well-Known Member
    Regular

3. DaDeadlyCheese

DaDeadlyCheese Well-Known Member

Woah, that armour looks pretty cool, skaara. But I imagine it's pretty expensive :( reminds me of something I saw a while back, at some medieval fair in Russia some guy managed to take a drone out the sky with a javelin. Apparently they're planning on turning it into an event next time or something

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

That sounds too good to be true :shocked:

Of course the armor is expensive, it's made for real war :p
    I've joined Nørskovs Falcon Knights, a Norwegian/Danish Buhurt-group. So far I've only trained with soft-kits, and will keep doing so until I can afford a full armor. I've looked a lot at armors, the one I posted previously is very unique so it might be more expensive, I'm most likely going for something a little more simple:
    [​IMG]

But yes, a full functional medieval armor usually goes for averagely around 1600 euro and can cost as much as 3000+ euro :sad:
    This video is a lot more impressive:
    [YOUTUBE]?v=kgucKLb0fdk[/YOUTUBE]

#4284 Skaara Dreadlocks, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  5. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

:O nice video skaara, seems nuts.

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

Last saturday we had an extra long training session with soft kit because the trainer and another guy with armor got all suited up and had some real practicing in full armor, but the other guy's sword actually broke completely off at the hilt at the beginning :lol:

Luckily they'd brought an extra weapon; a large two-handed axe. And then I got to try the other guy's armor on, the whole set, with the gambeson and helmet and sword and shield, everything, full body armor. It actually felt surprisingly light-weight and easy to move in, but once I got to have a real fight with my trainer, I stood no chance :p He even went easy on me, and I could feel/see it the whole time. And when I looked at the video of it afterwards, it looked ridiculous because he was barely touching me with his weapon while I was just holding my shield up and covering my head like a baby :lol: He hit me in the helmet several times in a row, weakly, and it kinda hurt my head. I can't even begin to imagine how bad it's gonna feel to get a full blow to the helmet from a two-handed weapon :sad:

It was extremely exhausting as well. The shield was a bit unusually heavy for the sport, so I could barely hold it up in the end, but all my swings with the sword, near the end, were so dull and slow haha :lol: I really sucked, and I can't say that it was a lot of fun either :p But it was exciting, and a good experience I guess, for future reference. I'd post the video, but... idk if I want to :laugh:

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I guess this was only a matter of time... (vomit warning and other gross shit)

[YOUTUBE]Z-Vuw-burI0[/YOUTUBE]

#4287 Bamul, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2016
  8. Skaara Dreadlocks

-Just a normal conversation between me and my fellow sparring partner, it's getting normal between us to talk like this now :lol:

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Looks like Harley must have logged in through the administrator panel, what with the huge ad in the background. On the bright side, it's only on the top. However it seems as though embedding YouTube videos on the forum has been completely broken... Yay.

10. Skaara Dreadlocks

True, but is it just me, or is the whole layout made narrow again?

[YOUTUBE]?v=Gs069dndIYk[/YOUTUBE]

- ^ Huh, it seems you're right; youtube embedding does indeed not work :sad:

11. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

It's not just you, it's narrow for me as well, when I got on earlier I had to zoom out a few times before I could browse the forum normally. I don't mind the ad itself I just kinda wished Harley didn't make it so big.(If she had a choice of the size that is.)

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Looks like videos work again, at least for me, but yeah the layout change is something that happens pretty much every time we get a large ad in the background. Anyway, it's still kinda annoying that Harley never tells us about these things, even though I'm used to having an admin/forum owner that doesn't seem to be at all interested. In situations like this, we don't even know what was the cause of such errors, and whether it's even she that fixes them.

13. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Kurwa life of Boris! It's good to see everyone is still here. Congrats on getting on the medieval team, Skarra, and i hope you'll be able to purchase some battle armor.

And Bamul, I don't know what that cake mix video was about, but it sure was disgusting. xD I only hope that it was fake and they really did not eat it with pubes mixed into it.

It's good to be back fellas ;)

#4293 NuclearWastE3, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2016
  14. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

Your jolly nature has been missed

15. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Indeed, when Nuclear isn't here the forum feels deader than usual.

16. Skaara Dreadlocks

I realize I'm a little late, but I've been very busy lately and didn't notice there were new posts here. Welcome back, we've missed you, boi! :D
    Thanks for the gratulations :) Speaking of the devil, I bought my first piece of armor today, actually! A Brigantine, 1mm thick, weighs 4.9kg, cost me 330 euro with shipping from Austria :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've also ordered a brown gambeson and brown gambeson pants (Padded clothing under the armor), so I'm waiting in anticipation :D Now remains the full legs, arms, gloves, shoulders, neck-guard and helmet. And a weapon and a shield, of course. I wrote earlier how I got to try fighting in full armor, but I never decided to share it, until now. Before you watch this, if you do, let me first just say a few things: 1, we had been working out extremely hard by jogging really far and doing a lot of muscle-work and sparring with soft-kit gear which is tiresome enough in itself just before this fight. 2, It was my first and only time so far. 3, It was a while back, so I'm pretty sure I'd do a lot better if I got to try it again now because I'm in much better physical shape now than I was then, and my fighting technique is much better now as well :D
    https://www.facebook.com/757410262/videos/10157130213040263/

Other than that, I have my "graduation" this week as a car mechanic. After two years of apprenticeship, today I had a test in three subjects and I'll have a test in three other subjects tomorrow, so I better get to bed :p

#4296 Skaara Dreadlocks, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2016
  17. Skaara Dreadlocks

Well, I passed the mechanic test, I'm now an authorized car mechanic :)

I'm also buying this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The helmet is very typical for the sport, a lot of people use it because it's effective, practical and it looks pretty neat. The only difference in this one is that the lower part of the visor is way longer than usual and sticks out a little bit, so it's even more neat. The arms are without the gloves, but I'm considering buying a pair of gloves at the same time as well.

18. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Congrats Skaara. :D

Also nice to see Streffo and Heavy here on the forum, hope you guys stick around for a while this time. :p It will be interesting to see how many old faces return when 4A finally announce their new game.

19. Skaara Dreadlocks

Thanks :D I found this cartoon, it reminded me of the "good" old times with my previous computer :lol:
    [​IMG]

20. Skaara Dreadlocks

Just saw this picture on facebook, it really had me laughing :lol: It might not be as funny to other who aren't norwegian, though. It's just so typical of norwegians to be so simple and blunt in their language, and have these short words or phrases or sounds that kind of just makes out a whole sentence, I bet you all have that in your countries as well :p
    [​IMG]

#1: It happens pretty often that you don't hear what someone says. In fact so often that we can't even be bothered to ask "What'd you say?", so we just go "Hæ?".

#2: Typical reaction when doing something clumsy by mistake, you just spit something short out as quickly as possible to make sure people understand that you didn't mean to do it.

#3: "Nei, men!" means "No, but!" kinda like you might say "Now, look who it is!". We just pronounce it in one word like "Næmmen!".

#4: Another typical short phrase where you don't really want to ask "How is your life going?", but just want to make smalltalk and have the other person talk about what he/she wants to talk about, and nothing more, so you just go "Ellers?" which pretty much just means "So what's new?", but it's even simpler than that.

#5: "Du" means "You". We norwegians don't like saying each others' name for some reason, but we still want to catch the person's attention before we talk, so we just go "You, do you know when the store closes?". Mostly though, this is used for talking to someone we don't know the name of, and don't want to ask for their name, but still need to talk to them, so we just go "You?" :lol: