costume so far!

Discussion in 'Other' started by Damnation13, May 5, 2016.

1. Damnation13

Damnation13 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hey everyone so ive been slowly working on the costume so far, theres still so much to work on but this is what im at now, any questions on the gear or anything let me know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These pics now are of the spare filter placement with hoses

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hope you all like the gear set up so far , like i said still lots to work on and will look better when i also make my Ranger helmet.

2. Damnation13

Regular

I do also have different types of camo and some nazy blue combat clothes too just dont know what works best lol any suggestions let me know folks :)

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

Wow, this is amazing! Impressive! Creds to you, man! :thumb:

Is that a Russian Parka? Also, I didn't know it was a spare filter with a hose, that's very unique and awesome! I thought it was a water bottle at first :eek:

The vest and the legholster fits very well and adds that great appearance, and the knife is just perfect. I love the fact that you've painted the Ranger symbol on your helmet. This might just be me being very weird, but I think the helmet looks very american, in the shape and design and all. The gasmask is my favorite gasmask of all time, I've wanted that for years but never cba to buy it 'cus it's a little rare and pretty expensive. I don't think it fits that well with your costume, being american and all. Perhaps a PMK or something? Still, a great costume! :D

4. Damnation13

Regular

No its a gorka sniper suit, i got the filter idea from Burbon in 2033. I didnt know if i should of used my plate carrier or my chest rig but this fits well, the helmet is an american helmet im still figuring out how to make the accual ranger helmet. Ill take a pic with some other masks i have. Thanks though :) still alot of adjustments to work on lol

5. Damnation13

Regular

Some of the pics i took remind me of STALKER but some feel metro , ill try other camos and stuff , wish i had a russian helmet , i have an old ww2 one vut that would be good for a civilian or roleplaying as the reds i should show pics of my masks to see the veriety also.

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Very good indeed, all you really need now are some combat boots and a pair of gloves to shield yourself from the "radioactive dust". :p You could also rough it up a little to make it appear weathered, but I understand if you don't want to. It costs money to get all this stuff and sometimes the last thing you wanna do is damage it, especially if you're thinking of using the pieces sometime for things other than cosplay (airsoft or whatever).

7. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Yeah, these are really cool :)
    I like the 3 variants of your outfit....and I dig the medical stuff you have at the ready. By the way, what did you use to attach your Ka-Bar knife to your vest/jacket? Also, If you get boots, I don't recommend scuffing them up on purpose. Like Bamul said, things like that cost money. You can easily give them the "wear-and-tear" look by walking around in them everyday for a few months. Walk around in dusty places too. I own several pairs of boots and they all have a "used" look (which, actually, I really don't like :p). I wish I would have taken more care of them and polished them a bit from time to time.

8. Damnation13

Regular

Thanks guys ya i use this stuff for airsoft but i totally know what you mean , i do own combat boots that ive worn during some cadet stuff in the past so they are a bit scuffed and used , ill add them on the next up to date photo, i am also getting the med kits like in the game , also i do have gloves too , there fingered green military ones but the trigger finger is cut off (for airsoft) ill maybe add pics of the different camos i have so you all can give an opinion on what would look best, i wish my russian gorka camo i wish was more used and less vibrant. And on my chest rig the K-bar knife is attached by an alastic band that is attached to the chest rig.

9. Damnation13

Regular

Sorry double post but heres a pic of me in my navy blue tactical uniform, i have added more to my gear if you cant tell i added the front groin pouch and a different masks, more added but theres still alot more i will be adding in due time. i did purchase the Medical orange packs like from the game and also the accual case/ pouch they go in on the tactical vests, in the pics i have also another assault rifle its my VAL almost like the AK but more tactical i feel, since Rangers are the Elite per say. im also displaying a pic of the camo i do currently have but i still strongly feel the navy blues are best fit. Hope you all like it

In these pics im showing me wearing the M10M Gasmask and showing why it looks like it sags, same style almost but very balky.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These next pics im wearing my MSA Ultraview gas mask with russian hose. same gear. Reason for this mask is its the usual mask or close of it in the game that Artyom wears (ill soon be having that actual mask)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heres a pic of the rangers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry so many pics but hope you like where this setup is all going, like the feed back, all it mostly needs is the ranger helmet lol still trying to work on that.

Heres the camo i have right now but i still feel the Navy blue is the best.

[​IMG]

Sorry again for the huge post and all the pictures just wanted to show it off so far in this area.

#9 Damnation13, May 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2016
  10. Skaara Dreadlocks

Very good again :D That blue suit fits well with the cosplay indeed, a very good depiction of the rangers in those pictures. :thumb:

11. Damnation13

Regular

Thanks Skaara its getting there bit by bit haha. I agree though the blue suit looks best.

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

This looks great. All you really need now is a good location to take photos and this will easily be one of the most professional cosplays we've had on this forum. :D

13. Damnation13

Regular

You serious?!?! Lol thanks Bamul , been alot of work and adjustments to it all. Ill have to find a good place for some pictures . thanks again !

EDIT: Better with the blue though right ? Also this is where i need the ranger patches and any others with valcro backs to it then i can put them on my shoulders of my jacket or chest rig. Would be the finish.

#13 Damnation13, May 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  14. Skaara Dreadlocks

I might actually get back to some cosplaying again, and this time a little more serious than previously (Yet far from as professional as yours, Damnation :p)
    Anyone remember that old worn long brown Leather-coat I bought a while back? Now that I've also FINALLY bought the Israeli gas mask, I'm gonna use that and the coat and put up some good cosplay. I've got the costume, a good camera and a good friend who's actually the one who introduced me to Metro, who can take the photos. But all I need is a place that's kind of apocalyptic, and I can't think of any place where that'd be safe to do (because of people and all). Well, there is this place, but I've already been there once before and despite the very Metro-y feeling, the whole place is too empty and dark for taking some very good cosplay photos. I'd rather do it outside at an abandoned construction site or whatever, but I don't know of any place like that... I'll have to think this through, maybe do a little research. :spy:

15. DaDeadlyCheese

DaDeadlyCheese Well-Known Member

awesome!
    the partizan is alright, but the blue uniform fits the ranger look much better i think. the chest is fantastic and looks just like what that random ranger, alex, in d6 has. if you add a knife it'll be spot on. i think if you get some of the old soviet mag pouches (afghan stuff, 80s) and put them on leg platforms it'll look right. you could always covert your m10(?) to a ranger helmet, but i think it'd be much easier to get a visored helmet (altyn, K6-3, Maska-1Sch etc) and weather it. basically just weather the stuff you currently have and it'll be perfect. also for the upper arms make something like those brassard looking things the rangers wear and stick on some small pouches

16. Damnation13

Regular

What about old USSR patchs? Or something like that? Just dont want it to look to much like the Reds. I wish i could get ranger patchs but that ill have to find someone who makes patchs i think. Unless anyone has suggestions.

17. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

These are really great! The blue really suits the Metro outfit very well. :)

18. Damnation13

Regular

Thank you and i agree , if i had some of that blueish gray camo that Captain Miller has in LL redux id wear that but i looked everywhere and havent seen any , but all in all the blue works best.

19. Damnation13

Regular

So i had an idea for a map, instead of having the map with the log book or what Artyom has, i was thinking with the rangers they are very tactically advanced, so i was thinking having the map in an arm band. It is very advanced but i also feel like they can wear something like that. what do you all think for the Ranger costume? just that concept not this actual map arm band.

[​IMG]

my map no edited, for my map im going to put tea bags on it and make it look worn down and used , but this is the Metro 2033 map.

[​IMG]

What do you all think of the idea?

20. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Sounds like a good idea. I'm actually surprised they didn't think of something like that for the rangers in-game.