Contest?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Concerns' started by BORIS13, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes, very important question, thanks for reminding me. I'll make sure to get an answer to that.

Hmm, art contest sounds good, but there are some people here who are very talented (and no, that's not me!). But hey, could work.

For now, our first contest will most likely be a funny-caption one. I'll try to use a picture from Last Light or the short film, but 2033 is also open... and someone has to check if Vlad is still around! He is, after all, Ulman's brother. :D

#41 Von Streff, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
  2. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

Yeah a funny caption one seems fun! Be sure to give away good prizes lol.

3. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

What is exactly a funny caption?

4. Von Streff

Regular

Funny caption: it's like a meme, you have an image, and each member can add whatever text to it. You write what the character/s in the image is/are saying, and the funniest wins.

Okay, some updates on the prizes: We have posters, t-shirts, and gas masks. Of course, not all of these will be included in this one competition. Also, it may not be USA only... We're still discussing that. Good chance it'll be universal!

5. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

sweetness. btw how many contests are you guys planning on having?

6. Von Streff

Regular

Hmm... it depends on how many winners we have for each contest. But I think one winner per contest = about 10 contests.

Update: We should have our first contest opening within a week, so keep your eyes peeled!

7. Von Streff

Regular

UPDATE: Okay, physical prizes are USA only, to avoid customs issues and legal crap. But, if you know someone over there in the states, you could get it sent to them and then ask them to send it to you (at your own risk, customs can be a real b*tch in my experience).

We have Metro 2033 codes right now and possibly some other ones (???) in the future. These are international, and might be good for yourselves or as birthday gifts to your mates!

So the contest will begin very soon and the prize will be a Metro 2033 code for PC.

8. Homalomadingdong

Any opportunity to be rewarded with prizes or just general acknowledgement for fan dedication is awesome if you ask me.

9. Von Streff

Regular

Exactly.

Contest #1 is going well, I had to laugh my head off at some of them!

We might have a second contest opening in two weeks or so, probably with a gas mask or t-shirt as prize this time around! Unfortunately, these would be USA only, but if you have a trusted friend there, get their address ready for this contest!

Update: Do you guys have any ideas for what this second contest could be? Think of ones which you've seen on other sites and stuff, all ideas are welcome...

#49 Von Streff, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2012
  10. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well,if so i'll just watch it...may the best win! ...sigh...

where's this "contest thread" , i cant find it!

11. Von Streff

Regular

UPDATE: Contest #1 closes July 16th, changed from July 30th as that was a little long.

The contest thread is under "Metro Last Light General Discussion", where all the contests will be. They'll be right at the top while the contest is running, and then they'll be closed off when the contest ends, so people can still see them. And yes, Rolfwar, *sigh*... I can't get any prizes too, being in New Zealand...

12. amd955ben560

amd955ben560 Well-Known Member

I have a brilliant idea, if any person who is not in the country where the prize is being given wins, will he be able to select another person as the prize receiver from here or somewhere else?

13. Von Streff

Regular

Well, the only thing is that the prize cannot be shipped out of USA directly, meaning you could get a family member or friend over there to receive the prize (either for themselves or to send on to you). Make sense?

If you cannot supply any address, then please do not enter. You guys can talk to each other about it too, but that is completely outside of the contest, and any problems between friends and people on this forum cannot be brought to bear on the contest and forum.

14. Von Streff

Regular

Update: 300 bullets have been added to Contest #1. Entries are still open, so if you want to edit your post, go ahead!

15. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

Sh!t just got real... I want bullets.

16. Von Streff

Regular

17. Von Streff

Regular

UPDATE: Hey guys, so the contest is closing at 11PM GMT. You can check what time that will be for you here: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/ The GMT is also there. :)

The winner will be announced July 18th, no specific time. That gives us judges some time to make our choice. hanks for participating, and may the best man win!

18. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

we still remember this guys? xD

19. Von Streff

Regular

Yeah, I'm still waiting for their votes...

20. Von Streff

Regular

Sorry guys, still waiting for Joe's vote. If he doesn't answer by 11 PM GMT today, then we'll just use Luster's and mine. I'll make sure this doesn't happen next time! :(