Considering coming back to this. Tips?

Discussion in 'ArcheAge' started by narshbleed60, Jun 3, 2015.

1. narshbleed60

narshbleed60 Member

Hello All. I played Archeage from day one and thought it was pretty fun and loved the gameplay. However, it was also full of hacks and exploits and it didn't seem anything was going to be done. I quit shortly after the first big update where they nerfed the lightning trees or whatever they are called.
    Has anything been fixed? Are there still bots and gold farmers running wild?
    Is there any pvm to this game or has it became a pvp haven?
    Any advice is appreciated. Growing tired of playing UOF already and waiting on shards online to come out :)

2. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Well-Known Member

For the questions you've asked, I would pose them at https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/

Sure, a subreddit for a particular game is going to exhibit a certain bias. You're talking to fans of said game. But you'll also actually receive up to date information as opposed to unhelpful mudslinging. Happy hunting! :)

3. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

Things have gotten significantly better!

Land hacks are no longer happening.
    Bots have been severely marginalized.
    Mail spam gone.
    Gold seller faction spam nearly gone.
    Land on most servers is much more readily available and land in many prime spots can be purchased for minimal gold.
    We finally got the level 55 level cap increase along with Diamond Shores/Library/Obsidian Weapons which added many new goals to the game.
    Trion is far more communicative with it's player base now and is far more open with their discussions with XL games and what AA roadmap is. Tune in every Friday on Twitch for Trion's livestream info dumps.

4. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Well-Known Member

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but the game has changed much since launch. I can't give any real tips except try it yourself and see how it is now since it won't cost you a dime.

5. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

The problem with "It's free. Try it yourself." is that many of the issues with the game don't crop up until after you've already committed a lot of time to the game. That's one of the ways the F2P business strategy works, after all.

Though if hacks were your only issue with the game, I'm pretty sure those are mostly a non-issue these days (seems like a combination of Trion fixing the existing ones and the hackers not finding it worth the time to make new ones, cause the base client hasn't changed as expected). I'd be kinda surprised if those were your only issue with the game, though.

6. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Well-Known Member
    Regular

DAng that actually sounds really tempting, I think i'll get it on Steam again. I remember running across quite a few hackers and bots when Iw as leveling up the first time. It's good Trion is listening to the player base and trying to fix the game.

7. KyubiChan

KyubiChan Active Member
    Regular

Yeah, not many bots or hacks anymore. Trion has cut down A LOT on gold spam/gold spam mail. I remember when starting, this game had so much gold spam in chat and kept getting spam in the mail, but now that does not happen much at all except maybe once in a blue moon.

8. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Abuot the hacks and the exploits and I don't know any of them at the moment and as far as I can see I never met nor encountered any bot farming or things like that.

9. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 Well-Known Member

Tips: avoid this game if you want to play it seriously, In addition to the patron monthly, you'll "need" to buy APEX with real money and sell it to other players for gold, which is then used to buy the best equipment possible from the AH.

10. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Well, as everyone said patron has kind of ruined this game.. At this point I think that the AA developers should put this game with subscription fees just like GW2 and remove all that premium stuff. It would be way better and moreover no bots!

11. Whitewolf2578

Whitewolf2578 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah Trion cleaned all of this up pretty good. I maybe get a gold spam in the mail every week, but at least they send you one copper for their trouble. I look at it as money so it's cool. I haven't seen a lot of bots and I do mining a lot.