Concerts

Discussion in 'Movies, TV & Music' started by Mr_Timma, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Mr_Timma

Mr_Timma Well-Known Member

What concerts has everyone been to?

Ive been to a Metallica one in brisbane, Australia
    and
    Foo fighters concert not that long ago on the gold coast

also i want to go to another one comign up next year in january called soundwave its got Metallica, Bullt for my valentine and some other cool lineups :p

2. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

Not a regular concert-goer as I strongly dislike huge crowds so the very last concert I went to was The Smashing Pumpkins' 3-hour long 'Zeitgeist' presentation back in may of '07 in Ancienne Belgique, Brussels. Wouldn't exactly call it "intimate" but the concert sold out rather quickly and with only 1500 people allowed to attend, it was pretty special. The sound was phenomenal; they played tons of their old hits and lesser-known material, they interacted with the crowd quite often and were all in great shape. I'm not fond of their (or better said Billy's) new stuff but the show itself was unforgettable.

3. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

I've been to a Chris Webby show in Colorado when I was there ('10, I think), and a couple of months back I was at a kaká and Wafande (danish artists) concert in Tivoli, and they rocked it up :D

4. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

Third Eye Blind, Lupe Fiasco, Snoop Dogg, and Dre among others.

5. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

Arctic Monkeys, the Black Keys, Panic! At The Disco, Arcade Fire, and soon I'll be seeing Keane.

6. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I went to see The Defiled last year on Halloween, Download Festival this year and i'm going to see Devildriver and Cannibal Corpse next year and hopefully if I manage to get the money, go to the Download festival again next year. Oh and I may be going to see a local black metal band called Baalberith in a couple of weeks. Also, I'm pretty sure one of my friends is doing a dubstep performance soon.

7. Skaara Dreadlocks

Never been to one, really :eek:

8. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

I've been to Ferry Corsten and Sidney Samson, but that was at one festival.

9. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

If festivals count as well, Dúné.

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Been to a few really small ones, but the only one you'll guys have heard of is Metallica. Still, I'd love to see Nightwish (back in the day with Tarja, though), Blind Guardian, Sabaton, Аркона and Firelake someday.

11. VanillaToshi

I don't really like Metallica but Sabaton are great! Never heard of the others other than Nightwish but I don't really have an opinion on them because I've never listened to them. :(

Good music taste though. Metal. Is. The. Shit.

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Indeed it is. Do you have any favourite sub-genres of metal? I tend to like power metal and folk metal the most, btw. :)

13. VanillaToshi

Folk, melodic death, technical death. I like them but to be honest I just like some bands from some genres, it depends on the band for me not what genre they in.

"I span the genres, they call me the genre spanner" - Vince Noir

14. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Oh yeah, I get you. Well, I guess it's the same for me, but to a lesser extent. For example: there might be one black metal band that I like (which is overall a genre that I'm not a fan of), but there will always be something about folk and power that I love. Power can really be quite cheesy & epic at the same time (in a good way) and folk has that traditional feel that I like. The latter goes especially for Аркона, since they sing about old, pagan, Slavic mythology and I'm a Slav, so I feel a connection to the music - in a way. :)

15. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

On the topic of black metal, I've also seen Matisyahu :p

16. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

AC/DC ( Kick ass concert), Ratt/ Dokken/Great White( These three played one right after the other), Vince Neil, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, and I'm going to go see Alice Cooper in about a month.