Combat Is NOT LIKE A CONTINOUS EARTHQUAKE

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by NeoMorph, May 21, 2013.

1. NeoMorph

NeoMorph New Member

Seriously... I was loving everything about this game right up until the last level when it turned into a 9.0 earthquake...

And what the hell were you thinking when you expect us to kill a tank with a sniper rifle. OK, so it's doable but it's a bit silly when you didn't include an anti-armour weapon.

I really don't understand why game developers insist on making everything shake so much when in heavy combat. When it happens in real like there is a big bang, the ground shakes a bit and your vision may blur a bit and sound goes muffled... but nothing like what happens in games.

Oh and how come that last level you can be in cover AND STILL KEEP GETTING SHOT.

No... everything but that last level rocks a 9.5/10 (lost 0.5 when it kept glitching out)... that last battle gets a 1/10 for me.

2. Bublin

Bublin Member

That's bad i liked ending but it was kinda less good than metro 2033

3. brynje

brynje Well-Known Member

Ehhh... the Preved "sniper" rifle in the game is based on the russian PTRS Anti-tank rifle .... so it's SUPPOSED to take out tanks... jeeez. Get your facts straight.

#3 brynje, May 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2013
  4. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

Anti-material rifle = anti armour rifle.....and im guessing you have experienced being shot at with grenades in real life?

5. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

In the end, after you're forced to move back, you're given TWO Preved's with a decent amount of ammo for them.

The Preved is based off of the Russian PTRD-41. It fires the special 14.5×114 mm (.57 Cal) anti-tank rifle. And you use it to shoot a metal bar, some wooden wheels, and a cache of freaking rockets on top on an armored rail car. Not exactly a tall order. Not explained very well, but not exactly a tall order, and we all figured it out.

As for the screen shaking, I mean.......you have the largest faction in central Russia giving you and a small group of solders everything they have, you damn well bet there's gonna be some explosions.

6. MessrUppr

MessrUppr Member

I thought the ending was appropriate (except I got the "bad" ending, which I didn't like at all. Leading up to it I didn't mind).