Collectable Ranger's Dog Tags

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by majnu, Nov 5, 2012.

1. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

As I'm bored and starved of information from THQ, I think it would be nice for the campaign to contain hidden achievements, such as discovering and collecting dog tags from fallen Rangers in the Metro Universe.

It shouldn't detract you from the main gameplay but instead be a quest as you go along.

Good or Bad idea you decide? Or would it be too Gears of War'ish which had collectable COG Tags?
    :D

2. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

well in my opinion, god no. I hate to go through a game over and over again just to find that itsy-bitsy one last collectable just for an achievement. Like the flag collecting in Ac. it's so tiresome.

3. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

^This
    Only if they add something to the story like the manuscripts in Alan Wake and the signs(the Truth) in Assasins's Creed 2, I think it's worth to add collectables.

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

Meh, I think it'd be too distracting, and not too interesting either.

5. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

I absolutely hate collectibles. Unless they serve a purpose; collecting X number of tags unlocks gameplay tweaks that increase the replay value such as Big Heads Mode or Mirror Mode etc. And if you really want achievements or trophies, they could give us 5GS/Bronze for completing the game in Mirror Mode ;)

6. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

Only if it is roped into the narrative rather than a complete side-task. If there were only a few so as to not break the gameplay, and for each of them to tell a story...like if there were recordings found with certain bodies that depicted their harrowing final moments. I could see something like that, but I wouldn't want it to deter me from the story.

7. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

Okey if they make it something like Pip said it migh be interesting, otherwise I am negative to it.

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

Agreed to what Pip314 and LagTagBag says. Like in Prototype, where you find people now and then that you can consume to regain memories and such. Just of course not in the same way in Metro.

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I agree with what's being said. I wouldn't mind having such things as long as they were connected to the story in one way or another, or had some other use besides achievements. I don't mind collectibles as an option (even the meaningless ones), but I think it would be more appropriate if they had a deeper connection with the world of Metro. Perhaps interesting extracts from the books? I think that would be a pretty awesome idea - it would be a nice bit of fan service for me and anyone else who read the books, but also a way to expand the knowledge of those who have only played the previous game. :)

10. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

that.

11. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

What is a Mirror Mode?

12. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

Commonly found in racing games, Mirror Mode mirrors or flips the tracks/game world - and some cases, slightly alters them - so that it almost feels like a different experience. More recently I believe it was the Uncharted games that implemented this feature. It's a lot of fun!

#12 cerberus, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2012
  13. stevetheranger

stevetheranger Well-Known Member

i would only like tags from rangers that get killed beside you not random things all over the place with artyom sayin im sorry or something each time then you could turn them in to miller for mgrs just like the bos tags could be traded for caps in fo3

14. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

Then you wouldn't be searching for them would you? All of the deaths would be scripted and you would just go and pick them up. There would be no challenge in that, no fun. It's like "oh look. ulman died. yay! I got another collectible." I'd rather have fun searching for them.

15. stevetheranger

stevetheranger Well-Known Member

i do not want a colectable i want a little thing that gives bullets

16. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

I want the dog tags to be both a collectible and able to pick up off of random bodies. I like the idea of being able to hand them in to Bounty Hunters and get MGRs or they could be part of side quests. For example someone's friend has died and they want you to collect their dog tags.

17. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Dog tags could also be traded at the market sellers for the price of 5 military grade bullets. I'd want it in tbh, there needs to be a reason for some to play Metro again since Ranger mode is a pre-order exclusive and Multiplayer has been scrapped.

18. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

Multiplayer hasn't been fully scrapped. There is a possibility it will come out in a free DLC. But yeah, I'm just hoping for some sort of collectible/turn in minigame in Last Light.

19. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

We'll find out after Jan 22nd when the game goes over to it's new owners.

20. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

I don't want any collectibles unless they actually give you something or if it has something to do with the plot. The closest things to collectibles in Metro 2033 were the bullets and the Ranger Stashes, and you actually got something. It should be like that, or if you pick up journals or journal entries.

I have a love/hate relationship with collectibles. I think "darn it, now I got collect all these stupid little things." But when I get one, I think "gotcha!" I like to be a completionist only if it isn't frustratingly tedious.