Quantcast

Civ V or Civ VI?

Discussion in 'Civilization VI' started by gyakenji, Sep 18, 2016.

?

Civ V or Civ VI?

1. Civ V

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Civ VI

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. gyakenji

gyakenji Member Regular

I know Civ VI is just trailers and pre-release footage, but I'm interested in your opinions. Would you stick to Civ V (or any other previous civs), or get the new Civ VI?

I'm personally not a fan of the new art style, which is more cartoonish and less realistic (in a way, it is sort of good since I can run it better, but still I don't really like it). The game style changed as well I think? So I definitely need to adapt to it, especially since I haven't gotten the hang of Civ V that well yet.

One thing I like about Civ VI is that the buildings are now scattered all over your land. It's not just a single panel with all the buildings in it, and that just a bunch of mines and farms scattered around it. Give the city a more vibrant look.

I think I will stick to Civ V for a while longer. Maybe when there's a sale I'll get Civ VI.

2. cardinals27

cardinals27 Member Regular

I really like 5 but I think that I will still get 6. It might not be the best looking game as of right now but I will give it a shot. I think that V will be the better game in the long run though.

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member Regular

I am very interested in civ vi and will most likely buy it because of civ v but admittedly I haven't been playing for very long so maybe I'm just not seeing something that older players might pick up on. Maybe I'll get addicted to civ v later on and find out I prefer it to the new one lol.

4. AntonioCalcano

AntonioCalcano Member Regular

I think Civ 5 is better in my opinion. I believe Civ 6 will be great of course but I'm now used to Civ 5 and maybe Civ 6 will bring in newer mechanics and will redefine others. I could play Civ 6 but I just started playing 5 recently I wanna experience it to its fullest and then I can move on to 6.

5. SirJoe

SirJoe Well-Known Member Regular

I can't choose between the two yet but when I play Civilizations VI for a week I will be able to make a better judgement. If Civilizations VI is everything it promises to be it will be much better then Civilizations V.

6. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

I would have to say that neither is as good as Civ III, but that is also a tall task in my opinion. I would say that Civ V is probably the one that I enjoy playing more, but the reasons why I am not really sure. They are both good though, lets be honest.