Chronicles pack discussion

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Komodo Saurian, Sep 28, 2013.

1. SeelySassage

SeelySassage Member

It's a little unfair that you only show us this and never give a hint to those begging to know how you did it. I'm not only asking because I'm a lazy ass who doesn't want to research about it, I'm asking because I tried for hours to do something and there was nothing to be done with the files.

2. Downregulation

Downregulation Well-Known Member

A good magician never reveals his secrets, right? :D Trust me, I wish I had also gotten a few hours back from working on this stuff!
    I've mentioned before in other threads that I'm using a memory / hex editing program - altering the values at specific memory addresses. Each asset is registered with a coordinate on the X, Y, and Z axis, and I'm able to locate and manipulate those coordinates (in effect creating customized scenes). I'm sorry that you feel that it is unfair of me to post these vids and pics - but I'm not getting paid to put up this material - I do it out of my free time and love for the game. You should at least be thankful for the media content I have provided (The Lost Easter Egg, Artyom's face, Bubba, etc, etc...) I appreciate the feedback though, and I'm sorry that I missed your earlier PM about the subject.

Here's a pic I set up of Pavel with a stripper... The animations that are available have the potential to create a funny XXX scene. Although, I'm not sure I'll post that or not, haha! :p

[​IMG]

Higher res version below:

[​IMG]

#42 Downregulation, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2013
  3. SeelySassage

SeelySassage Member

Yeah, that's what I figured (about the memory addresses) I thought there might be other ways but obviously not. I'm not experienced at all with this kind of modding so good for you. I really admire your content.

4. Downregulation

In preparation for Halloween, Ulman dresses up as Khan and goes with Khan for a little adventure.

"Empty you say? Somehow this seems... unlikely."

[youtube]JLGuAKj3aNM[/youtube]

@SeelySassage and the rest:
    What did you think of the graphics in the final part of the Khan mission? I believe the color grading effect is something they should have used throughout the entire game! This particular section reminds me very much of the graphics that were shown in the E3 2012 demo.

5. Downregulation

The Little One takes a ride on top of Artyom's head. (Test concept that would be easier to produce if an SDK is released for the game).

30 Second Video:

[youtube]BCy09qYN-kA[/youtube]

[​IMG]

Higher res version below:

[​IMG]

6. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

whilst the levels were very short, I found them all very enjoyable.

High Res Pic

[​IMG]

sad to see the game end now that all the dlc have been released. I hope we have more communication from Deep Silver, 4A in the future as Metro whilst it still had it's problems did stay true to it's roots delivering an extremely atmospheric and visually stunning game.

I hope we all (community) keep in touch too. You can always find me on Steam if you want to have a chat. :)

#46 majnu, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2013
  7. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Played the Chronicles. I liked it,although it was way too short. Anna was short, but it gives some insights why she left Artyom. Khan was great and creepy,also it had great battle at the end. It also seems to be the longer chater. And Pavel what both short and not very interesting. It started nowhere and it ended nowhere. I expected to spend some more time with him and his witty remarks :D

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

I agree with Keegan. Though, I did love the small dancing green women! :D
    [​IMG]

Btw, did you guys see this poster at the fire-range in the Reich lair (or w/e the place was, when you were playing as Pavel)
    [​IMG]
    I also enjoyed the comeback of the Anomaly:
    [​IMG]

#48 Skaara Dreadlocks, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
  9. Derrame

Derrame Well-Known Member
    Regular

The anomaly was the best, i really wanted to see one in the main game, and now seeing it with Khan, it was awesome,

Anna's mission is short but see the situation through her eyes is very interesting,

the Pavel mission was realy funny,
    all the three are perfect :)

i wonder if there will be another Metro game i want to know what happens to the Dark Ones, Artyom, Anna, Khan, everything, so, if 4A is reading this: make another Game! =)

10. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Prokhorov said they want to take a break from the post-apocalyptic genre for a while. Almost 15 years making post-apocalyptic games now;six years working on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow Of Chernobyl, four working on Metro 2033 and two more on Metro Last Light. Also, in a russian interview he said 4A's next project will be S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in space. And that's about it.
    On the other hand there is a huge demand for another Metro game,both from the fans and Deep Silver. I'm guessing there will be another Metro game to form a trilogy and after that 4A will be on their own to make the game they want. I also suspect if there is another game in the series it won't be on par with 2033 and LL.

#50 Keegan83, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2013
  11. Skaara Dreadlocks

HOLY CRAP!
    I just looked closer at the anomaly-picture that I posted in this thread, and saw that the rats were actually tiny tiny nosalises!
    I looked closely at them when they ran across the floor, and they were definitely normal rats. But if you look closely in the flash of the anomaly when the rats fly up into the air, they're mini-nosalises! How cute! :D

12. Rilence

Rilence Active Member

It's probably been mentioned already, but the conversation related to Bourbon from 2033 was pretty cool in the Pavel mission.

13. BrownyGaming

BrownyGaming Member

Worth getting?

Is it worth getting? What stuff is added?