Choose your TV

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by thecorinthian, Nov 17, 2015.

1. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

If you could choose a television set would it be LCD, Plasma or old school CRT or something else entirely?

Personally I think LCD screens have better color so I'd put in my room. The size doesn't matter but I like my screens flat and loud so speakers matter a lot but that's another issue.

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'd go with LCD screens as well, though plasmas have a better aspect. I wanted to try out 4k TVs but I think I'm gonna hold off for a moment.

3. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

SMART TVs, no matter the screen technology. I don't mind it, since it's quite the same thing no matter what you choose. Though if I lived in a very, very sun-lighted area, I'd choose AMOLED over LCDs all the time, since LCDs reflect the sunlight too, too much.

4. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I prefer LCD televisions. In my opinion Plasma TVs consume too much electricity and CRTs take too much space. So therefore my choice is LCD.

5. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member
    Regular

In this order: Plasma, LCD, then old school cathode, then projector.

6. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have an LCD and would probably go for another one if I were to get a new one, but I'm rather happy with this one so I don't see a reason to switch. I always had a dream of smashing a CRT TV with a baseball bat. I'm not psycho, I promise.

7. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

Power consumption isn't a matter of opinion. A device either uses more power or it doesn't. While it is true that generally speaking Plasmas use more power you still need to read up on the LCD model choice if power consumption is an issue to you.

8. jviloriab96

jviloriab96 Member
    Regular

I'd go with a giant LED TV for the living room (because my house's living has lots of sunlight) and some 32" LCD's for the bedroom and the PC. We should also discuss media center choices, since a TV it's not a TV unless you can have fun with it

9. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would go for LCD, I think they have better color contrast. Again I understand they are more economical with electricity consumption.