Chernobyl Diaries?

Discussion in 'Movies, TV & Music' started by BORIS13, Apr 30, 2012.

1. KhansGotKarma

KhansGotKarma Well-Known Member

I should probably stop taking part in this thread now seeing as I probably won't get round to seeing it at the cinema and don't want everything to be a spoiler

2. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Saw it and...man...this film is...crap! Crap,crap,crap! Pripyat is all wrong,the ferris wheel is wrong,the painting on one of the building's side is wrong and so out of place.The reactor is wrong.Everything about the movie is wrong.And they didn't even shot in Pripyat,but in some abandoned Serbian town.
    The makers of this..."film" should've done some research or at least see some pictures of Pripyat and Chernobyl before making it.The look and the feel is quite different.
    And what's with the bear? In Pripyat? Really? Worst movie i've ever seen.Really.

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

There's a girl that I've been chatting a lot with on Skype lately, which I got known to at some camping place a couple of years ago. We've met thrice or four times or so. Nevertheless, we're in a really good bond of communication with each other (if you know what I mean), and suddenly, she says she's watching Chernobyl Diaries. I'm thinking "What? She is watching that movie? That's the movie that all the others talk about on the forum", and so I am determined to get it tomorrow :p

4. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

dead thread.

I'd like to say that I enjoyed the movie very much. My favorite character was Uri, the extreme tour adventure guy :D

[​IMG]

If I ever go visit Pripyat and the surrounding area, I wish that my tour guide would be Uri. I would like to go to a tour shop and go in there and say:

"Hey, how much for a tour of Pripyat?" The the tour guide gives a figure, and I continue "How about if I get the Uri's extreme tour deal? How much will that cost me?"

"There is no such thing, you imbecilic! Now, get out of my shop before I call the police!"

Then I show the shopkeeper some extra cash and put it on top of the counter. He looks at me, then looks around the room nervously, as if somebody might be watching. He then gives me a hand gesture to fork over more money -so I do. Then he snatches the money and shoves it into one of his pocket and proceeds to the windows to lower the blinds and lock the door. It'd be great! :D

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

His name's Yuri, a typical Russian name used in many movies :p But yes, he was badass. I liked the movie as a radioactive/zombies/apocalypse movie, but it was really mystical with a lot of weird unanswered questions. One thing that creeped me out, was those tall weird mutant things pushing the car they were in :lol:

6. NuclearWastE3

Regular

That's one way of spelling it, but during movie credits, they spelled his name "Uri" for some reason:
    [​IMG]
    Badass indeed. Even after telling the people not to wander around at night, claiming it's too dangerous, Uri/Yuri/Yury gets out of his van-thing and runs into the pitch black to confront some dogs :lol:. There's also a "Uri's Extreme Tour Guide Infomercial" bit that came with the DVD/Bluray, but unfortunately, the actual infomercial can't be found on the web. It sucks though, because it was actually pretty cool.

For me, the creepiest part was when the survivors were running down a stairwell, trying to escape the mutants, and they end up in a sort of basement. Then there is a baby's crib (I think that's what it was) with a blanked draped over it. For some reason, one of the survivors decides to uncover it and some old man/lady baby thing comes squirming out from it. It only showed its face for a split second, though, but its something that would frighting to see in person :D.

7. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

i remember watching my TOTALY LEGAL copy of this and going Ughhhh then i tapped out super hard

talking about shit i watched this monstrosity

[​IMG]

8. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Uri's famous jerky can not be beat!

Twansformers! I've only watched the first two transformers. I gotta say, the trailer for the second movie was way better than the actual movie itself. I can only imagine how bad the 10th one was :tsk:

9. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

It was so BAD oh my god it was so bad i deleted my TOTALY LEGAL copy half way in

The film is a lie 1hour 30 mins in no robot dinosaurs

10. Skaara Dreadlocks

..... wait what.

I watched the first Transformers movie, awesome. I watched the second, less awesome but still awesome. I watched the third one which was still less awesome yet still awesome. Then this ... fourth one? Robot dinosaurs? I mean seriously? I mean what? I mean? o_O

11. NuclearWastE3

Regular

If only the movie was a little more like this:
    [YOUTUBE]_XcE0tagVC0[/YOUTUBE]

12. Skaara Dreadlocks

Omg, that was great! :lol:
    "Don't worry, I have geiger counter!" *Holds Vodka bottle*
    Those stalkers popping up in the window, yelling "Get out of here Stalker!"
    "I said come in, don't stand there!" :D

13. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Haha. Those were the exact part that had me laughing too!
    And I have to say, Skaara, I can pin my cheeki breeki obsession on you :p. If you can recall, there was that one member a while back named cheeki breeki (or similar to it) and you mentioned to him that a friend of yours happened to be enthralled by everything related to the topic. At that point, I had already played through the stalker games and had countless encounters with the cheeki breeki wailing bandits; but, for some reason, you having mentioned it made me curious about the topic and, afterward, I became consumed by its slavness.

14. Skaara Dreadlocks

I remember it perfectly :laugh: And I still think about that friend every time I hear Cheeki Breeki, I've already sent him the video :D
    I have to admit though.... I still haven't played any of the Stalker games :eek:

You mean you were enslaved by its slavness. Eh? Eh? See what I did there? ;)

15. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Awesome :thumb:
    I've been wanting to make my own cheeki breeki related video, but I can never think of a film or game that I could edit the voice and music into.

No worries. I think it's cool how you understand the whole cheeki breeki thing :p I happen to find the game very peculiar (perhaps that's one of the reason I enjoy the series). It's not as action packed (I guess you could say) as Metro 2033 and the narrative isn't as cinematic either. it's basically how one might imagine the life in the actual Chernobyl exclusion zone: nothing to do except wander around :laugh: It's true, though; there is a ton of walking/running around to and from places just to get objectives done. This was "fixed" in the later two games by implementing NPS that could magically teleport you around the map for a small fee. Also, the atmosphere is excellent; especially at night. Holy crap does it get creepy at night!

the game itself, as a whole, holds an experience that is difficult to describe. I say you should give the first one a try and see how you like it ;)
    Hahaha! Good one.