Character Thread

Discussion in 'Last Light Roleplay' started by Bamul, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Unfortunately the person who used a Dark one as a character is no longer active so contacting him isn't an option. But what I can tell you is that a Dark ones in the RP is unique from any others. They don't use weapons and are generally deemed a threat to any person. They obviously have a lot of abilities that are sometimes difficult to work with in an RP environment, often conflicting with other users comfort. It's just a bit more of an advanced character in general.

As for your writing, it's just fine. Some people seem to struggle more than you would think. But you seem to have a good head on your shoulders. You know where the period button is and you type more than one word a post...

2. Covalent

Covalent Well-Known Member

I understand the psychic powers and all; that's definitely something to keep under control with other people, since they probably wouldn't want that being used all the time, seeing as it's a massive game-changer. It's also somewhat difficult, I think, in that I'd always need to make an appearance on the surface, and I believe the current RP is still currently in the tunnels?

Ah, that's good. :) I make it a point to write properly, which is something I feel seems to be lacking in people lately... I have a reference picture for the character, by the way. As long as I can get the artist's permission, I can post it, right? I guess all I need to do is get caught up on the current RP story, and wait for the right time to pop in?

The only other thing I feel like I'm missing is a name... which might be rather hard.

3. Phylkhan

Phylkhan Well-Known Member

My apologies for practically interrupting your conversation, but I have a question that has pondered me for a while, and of course the fact that I can not create threads myself factors in a bit.

What continuity is the roleplay situated in?
    I assume that it follows the game closer than the books, as would be expected, but which year is it situated in?

In addition, the book contra game question is relevant to Covalent's question, as Dark Ones are portrayed in different manners in the two mediums.
    Oh, and welcome Covalent, nice having you here.

4. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

Just wondering, the character doesn't have to be from Russia, does he/she

5. Aaron

Regular

There's no rule saying they have to be, and you wouldn't be the first to make it happen. (Someone made an American character before)

As long as it works with the Metro universe it's fine.

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

My previous character, which I had from Roleplay Part 1 to Roleplay Part 10 was from Japan :p

Anyway, answering Phylkan's question: I don't really know. :noidea:

7. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

Name: Sam Walker
    Clothes: Overcoat, dirty white shirt, fingerless gloves, army boots, a bandana to cover the lower half of his face to hide his Celtic face
    Hair: Heavy stubble and brown, unkempt hair
    Eye colour: Blue
    Weapons: AK47 and a shiv made of glass and cloth
    Other: Old gas mask and a helmet for any battles
    Backstory: Sam was quite unlucky, after achieving top marks in Russian A-levels and having a great talent for the language, he was rushed through university and sent to the Moscow. During his time there, nuclear war began and he ended up in the Metro.
    From then on, people looked on him suspiciously due to his Celtic facial features. He goes from station to station, doing odd jobs and going to the surface when he has to get more equipment. He has no home.

8. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

I made that character.

Just wanted to let people know I will be coming back soon and will use Jack like in the former rp.

Hope to see you all soon.

9. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

i would like to suggest the website innawoods.net for building a character's inventory. It's fairly simple, the image can be saved and posted here with various explanations.

10. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Boris in Innawoods:
    [​IMG]

11. DrDarcy

DrDarcy Well-Known Member

Pyotr in Innawoods

[​IMG]

12. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

I don't have any plans to participate in the role play, but I did have some fun messing around with that app. Tried to come up with the most practical and plausible stuff (normal clothes, AR-15, etc.).
    [​IMG]
    Also made a typical Metro Player Character. A few different sets of priorities.
    [​IMG]

#292 Potarto, May 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2014
  13. ComradeCommisar

So... new here, but a Metro fan... here's my character:

Hair Color: Brown

Hair/Facial Hair: A bit shaggy, with an bit of a stubble beard

Eye color: Irradiated brown. (flecks of gold in the brown)

Height: He wishes he was 6 foot, because a certain someone told him that 6 foot was the "perfect height for a man", but he deals with himself rising to the height of 5'10".

Misc. Appearance: Tattoo of a wreathed hammer and sickle on right shoulder. Other than that, he is relatively unscathed, minus the odd scratch. With a relatively regular appearance and a beautiful brave face with a strong chin, he is certainly a charismatic individual.

Clothing/Armor: He has a beautiful leather coat, that is tied with a wide belt with a double row of holes. From it hangs holster that can barely contain his beastial pistol. He wears a combination gas mask/helmet/headlamp. His slim cargo pants go to the top of his combat boots, laced with an odd combination of green and black laces. He has a bulletproof vest which he chooses only to don on the surface, seeing as his jacket is just so much more... attractive.

Weapons: The bestial pistol is a Stechkin, and a laser sight is strapped under the barrel. He features a Helsing, which he thinks is a delightful gun for taking care of librarians and the occasional stealth approach. He also features a scoped Kalash-2012 that makes frequent appearances (with the aid of a
    sharpened and oiled bayonet) in the sides of mutants that have the unfortunate destiny to meet with him. His bayonet is currently detached and is serving as his trench knife.

Other Equipment: His medium size backpack contains spare clips, some sausage and a tattered flag, as well as a universal charger. Side pockets contain a canteen, med kits, and a personal totem his uncle Fyodor gave him, which is a red star ripped from an old hat. A silencer, either for his Stechkin or for his AK2012, lies in the bottom of the bag. A pair of sunglasses for the odd trip to Polis also lies in the bag. The Communist Manifesto also sits in the bag.

Other details: He is fairly muscled, and coupled with his charming voice, he is a natural born leader. He serves as a communist revolutionary in the metro, to further the ideas of Ernesto Che Guevara, Fidel Castro, and Trotsky. His skill with his guitar is renowned among other revolutionaries and whenever he finds one, he loves to entertain around the campfire.

To his comrades, he is simply "comrade commisar." His true name is Rusakov.

Did I leave anything out? And constructive criticism would be nice. Or even a compliment, you know... So now what?

#293 ComradeCommisar, May 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
  14. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

Now you join the RP if your schedule allows for it.

15. Skaara Dreadlocks

Name:
    Shaw Kilbourne

Somewhere in his late thirties / early fourties.

General Appearance:
    Average height, Long worn dreadlocks, Shady yellow-ish eyes, Very tall, Slightly muscular, Irradiated skin.

Clothing:
    The man wears an old brown ragged hooded jacket with pockets on the sleeves. Under it, he wears a slim long black T-shirt and black sweatbands on his wrists. He wears a little brown scarf around his neck. Outside his jacket, he wears a grey camouflaged bulletproof vest with five large pockets. On his hands, dark grey worn fingerless gloves. Brown thick cargopants and brown boots.

Equipment/Armor:
    Light-weight platings on his legs and thighs, as well as a wide holster-strap on his right thigh. Wide equipment belt around waist. On his shoe-tips, he has sharp nails attached. On his gloves, he has knucklepads with three sharp strong metal-claws on each pad. He also has long strong leather-bracelets around his wrists outside the jacket, from hands to elbows. Always wears a half-gasmask. Two small tanks with air on his back, connected to the gasmask with a strong enforced tube. Backpack with different necessary items like food, water, filters and ammunition etc.

Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Weaponry:
    AEK-971:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HK USP Match:
    [​IMG]

16. Aaron

Regular

I'm modeling this character on one of my Co-workers who is an Afghan Russian and goes by the same name. He's a very interesting character and I'd like to use his likeness in this role-play.

Name: Daod (Da-ode)

Appearance: Brown skin, Black and dusty hair just long enough to pan my fingers through confidently. Dark brown eyes and clean shaven. Around 5' 11" and of a healthy weight.

Clothing: Brown work boots, pale gray trousers, a very faded red t-shirt and a brown afganka jacket with an old pair of work gloves.

[​IMG]

Armour: Black tankers helmet.

Weapons/Equipment: Uzi with taped on flashlight, Makarov pistol and a small pocket knife for practical use. Head lamp, basic medical supplies and food rations (Dried pork, mushrooms and mushroom tea). GP-7 gas mask with spare filters and a tight fitting canvas backpack to hold it all.

Back story: I was born in Afghanistan, a land that exists now only in my memories and dreams. Russia is where I spent most of my life, it's what I call home. I can speak in my native tongue but no one here cares to listen, so it haunts only my thoughts and dreams. No family, no not one link. Not since the great war took it all away and banished us damned few to this Hell beneath our worlds ruined bones. I made a living in this Hell, as a welder, for hire at first, then established at Katai Gorod. I was good, I still am, but things have gotten tense between the two thuggish gangs controlling the station. One side is Muslim and claims to be blood, family to a person like me. I don't see it. Sure they loom like me, sure they talk like me, but they are thugs, not like me. I'll have none of that.

I packed up shop and left for the rails, a welder for hire once again, but times have been tough I'll admit. It used to be torching through airlocks to make new discoveries or open passageways, good things. But now, all jobs are shady and untrustworthy, the kind of deal that ends with a bang. Theres a small light for my dismal travels however. I've come into doing business with a somewhat well known trader who deals in mostly building supplies. Honourable, trustworthy and fair. I enjoy his partnership. Only problem is that I'm not to weld anything, rather, I'm to make regular trips to scrounge the surface for useable building supplies in exchange for fair pay and guaranteed employment. It's ok.

The surface isn't as bad as people make it up to be, really, it isn't. In fact I quite like my time up there. If your quiet, cautious and respectful the dangers are easily traversed. Perhaps I've been lucky so far, and maybe my acceptance of an unscheduled death calms my nerves but I really feel at peace there. It's always quiet, always calm. And I don't know if this is proof or if you'll even believe me but on one visit to the surface I came face to face with a mutant. He stared at me and I at him, only two metres separated us. It was the first time I had been clumsy enough to let one get so close and I was so paralyzed I couldn't raise my weapon. Our time together only lasted less than a minute as it simply pawed away, no haste or agitation. I'm not entirely sure why it didn't attack me, it could have had me right there, at any moment. And in turn, I could have slain it just the same. Equals. Other people I tell this story too always say that they only attack in packs or that the beast was confused at my seemingly passive reaction. But I like to think that the world still has some peace in it, even if our damned souls aren't part of it. I've still yet to slay a single mutant on the surface. Only those corrupted by the touch of our Hell, The Moscow Metro.

#296 Aaron, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014
  17. Skaara Dreadlocks

Nice backstory and character, Aaron! :thumb:

I'd like to mention that I've actually completely forgotten that I added the AEK-971 and the HK USP match to my character, but I really want to use them. So the character now has these weapons, additionally to the sickle as well as the large pneumatic weapon that shoots arrows, just like the hellsing does:
    [​IMG]

18. Phylkhan

Phylkhan Well-Known Member

Name: Mikhail Abramov

Age: Somewhere around 60, as far as he knows; he does not remember.

Characteristics: A horrible husk of a man. Inhumanly thin, clearly visible bones support an abnormally large skull. The skull in turn carries a dirty, grey beard to his knees. His skin and eyes are of the same colour as the beard.
    For the last 15 or so years he has been wearing the same vestment (Eastern Orthodox priest gowns), and though it in it's glory days had a clear white colour, it now shows of an interesting variety, with notable tints in grey, black, yellow and red.

Back Story: Even though he had originally sought refuge in some Metro station, the name forgotten, and the station probably abandoned or ruined, the Devils narthex was no place for a man of God. Or so he had decided, at least. And so, early after the world's end, probably earlier than any other expedition from the Metro, a priest had by a strike of luck managed to make hi way to an old church.
    In deep, unknown cellars made himself a life of abstinence, study and praise,
    eating mushrooms and drinking wine way overdue it's time, along with the moisture of the stone walls.
    A cancerous, raving, lunatic that wishes nothing more than for people to share his twisted 'light'.

For the Side-RP thread.
    If this manages to rekindle interest in it, then I see no negatives.
    I will however not make entry for a while, most likely; busy weekend.

19. Svetlana Pretrenko

Svetlana Pretrenko Well-Known Member

Name:"Svetlana Pretrenko."

Description:16 or 17 with pale grey eyes and long red hair in a shaggy matted ponytail pale white skin, and a scar on her right cheek tattoo of thorns over her left eye a lip ring and studs in eachside of the upper part of her nose she also somehow found red lipstick, makes use of it as well.

Clothing:Black combat boots woodland camo pants a military backpack a ranger helmet a woodland camo shirt with a OD green t shirt under it,Brown trench coat with various web gear and belts and a Tan MOLLE vest with pouches,a pair of tan gloves and a backup mask,along with a skullcap.

Weapons:Ak-74U a TT-33 4 pipe bombs,A SVD and 10 mags for each weapon the Ak has a surpresser and a reflex sight the SVD has a scope and a surpresser the pistol is unmodded, she also has a pair of night vision goggles along with a flashlight both on her helmet,pack is filled with basic traveling rations and a first aid kit.

Backstory:Lana is from polis her Father was a ranger.....but he passed away on a scouting op so she became a STALKER using his weapons for her youthful age shes quite good with her weapons mostly the Ak-74u shes also quite steathy

#299 Svetlana Pretrenko, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
  20. DaDeadlyCheese

DaDeadlyCheese Well-Known Member

Character alias:
    Wolf

Birth name:
    Nikolai Kirilov

Hair colour:
    Dark brown

Eye colour:
    Brown

Hairstyle:
    Short with fringe swept over to the side

Facial hair:
    Stubble

Clothing/Armour:
    Gorka, OD bullet proof vest, SPOSN SMERSH rig, OD K6-3, spare modified visor that fits over gas mask for helm, fingerless gloves, assault boots, metal armour plates for upper arms,black balaclava, PMK-3 gas mask.

Clothing when at rest:
    Green military jumper with rolled up sleeves, MTP trousers and military boots

Weapons:
    Old scavenged AKSU with heavy scratching on the hand guard, reflex sight and a suppressor, as well as an extended magazine. On his left hip he has a holstered Stechkin (silenced), and strapped to a bracer on his left forearm is a trench knife.

Other equipment:
    old canvas rucksack containing food, an hour of filters and spare ammo. loosely attached to the side of said rucksack is a pmk-3 gas mask

Other details:
    34 years old, 6'2", sounds rather like Pavel from Last Light, freckles, and a heavy scarring over his chest.

Attached Files:

#300 DaDeadlyCheese, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2015