Character Changes From 2033 to LL

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by NuclearWastE3, Jun 13, 2013.

1. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Seriously- Why was there a dramatic change from the main characters in 2033 to LL? I'm sure that the approach on attracting a new audience to the game was involved, but can changing in game characters really create more sales? As much of you were, I was exceedingly disappointed with the character changes. Overlooking this, what in game/story reason(s) do you think why some of the characters from 2033 to LL became looking almost completely different in the course of one year?

Here's Ulman, who surprisingly, looks pretty much the same:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Miller:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Khan:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

All pictures from Metro Wiki

#1 NuclearWastE3, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013
  2. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

i really couldnot say

3. Storchburp

Storchburp Well-Known Member

The 'named' characters in Metro 2033 actually all had generic faces with minor customisation for hairstyle and colour. I had trouble differentiating Miller from Ulman at times in dim light.

These characters are more fleshed out and receive personal character models in Last Light. The logical development would be to let their hair grow a bit longer in comparison to lower ranked rangers with crew cuts.

4. DarkOne

DarkOne Well-Known Member

Besides their appearance changes they except for Ullman had different voice overs (Artyom, Khan and Miller).

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Probably because almost everyone in Metro 2033 looked closely related. Many people who played the game could not tell these characters apart. Heck, probably the only reason I could was that I completed the game four times. On my first playthrough, it was confusing - at times. A game should not give you trouble with recognizing its characters, unless it's somehow intentionally used in a clever way... that was no the case in Metro 2033. Whether people like it or not, changing their appearances to something more unique was a good choice - because what we had in M2033 was a design flaw that could easily break the immersion for some.

#5 Bamul, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013
  6. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

I LOL'd.

7. Ulman is now pre-release concept Khan, Khan is Miller and Miller is captain Price.

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

That's true what Bamul says. I kept finding Ulman in random stations or dead on the floor in a bandit camp after being shot by me.
    He looks like a schmuck in Last Light with that comb-over of his. And although Khan changed too much, and Miller changed even more, I think Ulman changed the worst. (Personalities, that is).

9. He hasn't changed in the Russian dub at all. Same smartass.

He says Miller will stick a hot poker up his... soul for incident with Lesnitsky, for example. Too bad his role is very small this time.

10. Dexortis

Dexortis Member
    Regular

:laugh:

#10 Dexortis, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2013
  11. BlinDog

BlinDog Member

Personality of Ulman changed too much he wasn't funny he haven't any funny quote or something he was too serious.
    Ulman's voice doesn't changed

Khan, his model changed, personality not much and in last light he finaly looks like stalker or reincarnation of Gengish Khan :D I realy like Khan...
    Khan's voice (i think) doesn't changed

Miller... I don't know, his personality didnt changed at all, his new model is more respectful, i don't remember if his voice changed, and both models of Miller are good.

(and again sorry for my English)

12. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I hate miller's new look.

13. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I agree. I hate how he gained 50 lbs. (22.68kg) of muscle mass and aged about 30 years in the course of just one; and his hair is a lil' weird too..... also his face and smile.

14. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I hate Miller too. Looks like a generic runaway from CoD. Meh... But when the SDK is released we might see the old Miller again. :laugh:

15. Gyrate

Gyrate Active Member

At least you can
    kill him if you want with the bad ending.
    lolololol :lol::D