CD Projekt RED announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by majnu, Oct 18, 2012.

1. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8GVUPr2to4

http://www.cyberpunk.net/

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Saw this yesterday - really excited about it. CD Projekt are probably my favourite video game developer and they make my country proud. :lol: I love their attitude to DRM & DLC, the way they treat their fans and I also love both of their games. If there's any developer out there that is still capable of creating a modern action RPG with accessible and exciting gameplay, but a deep and enthralling narrative with real choices and consequences, then it's CD Projekt.

3. KLMKsunbunny

KLMKsunbunny Well-Known Member

i dont understand most of that, but i used to play the original CYBERPUNK game in the late 80s... It was a classic, and i've always loved it as a genre, books, films...

It's about time there was a revival... f*ck 'Steampunk'...!!

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I've never actually played Cyberpunk, but I've heard of it plenty of times and it looks very good. Besides, the genre itself is badass and I loved Blade Runner. CD Projekt are the perfect developer for this.

5. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

6. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

A guy i know on another game forum posted it. I'm not going to get excited until i see some real gameplay.

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Here is the secret message in the trailer, in case anyone missed it:
    [​IMG]
    We can probably expect more info about The Witcher 3 on the 5th of February. :)

8. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

I never noticed the secret message. I wish more developers did this maybe Valve might do this for the announcement of Half-Life 3.

The game they might be talking about could be Witcher 3 but that would be way too soon, Witcher 2 was only released about a year ago?

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Two years ago. Well, in 2011 anyway. It was ported to Xbox 360 sometime in 2012 though. Just because they will announce it now does not mean that the game is finished. Skyrim and The Old Republic were both announced a long time before release to get the hype going. ;)

10. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

I can't find the article but according to a few sources, Cyberpunk will be a large massive open world with no loading screens.

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I'm guessing that they've put this on hold or haven't really started to design the game itself yet at all, considering this: http://www.lastlightforum.com/showthread.php?t=4163 I'm glad though since I'm more interested in The Witcher. I hope that they don't rush it in hope of getting to Cyberpunk soon, since Wiedźmin 3 needs to be a great game.

12. Derrame

Derrame Well-Known Member
    Regular

this game will be really amazing, cant wait =)

13. Skaara Dreadlocks

Damn, she's h0t!

14. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

2015 and 2016 are years for W3, CD Projekt's Adam Kiciński says that we won't hear more about Cyberpunk 2077 until at least 2017.

This is not surprising and understandable, since they are dedicating all their efforts to patching W3 and have 2 expansions packs scheduled for it in the coming year. After all, despite of having grown considerably since working on the first Witcher game, CD Projekt RED are still just a small group of talented developers compared to the giants like Ubisoft or Rockstar.

I think it's worth resurrecting this thread with this news so that is doesn't get completely buried under everything else. Now it can go back to hibernating for 2 years or more.