Quantcast

Can you make your own soul gems?

Discussion in 'Skyrim' started by Meridia, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Meridia

Meridia Active Member

This may be a dumb question, but since you can mine minerals and all that mumbojumbo, can you create your own soul gems? I can't seem to find too many soul gems, the best ones I do have are one grand soul gem and one greater soul gem. Both filled with souls of course. But where can I make them, if not find grand soul gems filled with souls?

2. Zombie Lad

Zombie Lad Well-Known Member

You can mine them. Best place to look is in Blackreach. The falmer will have them on them and you can mine them from stone called Geode Veins. That's where soul gems come from. Make sure you have a pickax though.

3. Mameshiba

Mameshiba Member

If you're just tired of having to constantly find/buy soul gems, there's an item you can get called Azura's Star which doesn't get destroyed after you used a trapped sol for enchanting or recharging etc.

4. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

You can't make your own but like zombie said you can mine them at some spots you can fill them with either the soul trap skill or you can enchant your weapon with the skill.

5. lord1027

lord1027 Well-Known Member

That works perfectly fine for me, and I also mine them. I always had enough soul gem, IDK how you're wastign them :))

6. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Azura's Star is pretty great when used well. The questline for it has to be one of my favorites in the entirety of skyrim with how epic it is!

7. Delusional

Delusional Well-Known Member

What is the best use for Azura's Star? I have it in my inventory but I don't really know what to do with it. I haven't sold it because it looked valuable and given the massive questline, I figured I'd better hang on to it.

8. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

It's a infinitely refillable soul gem. It's got infinite potential if used right. You can either during the quest side with one side and have it be a black soul gem and it uses people souls or a normal soul gem that takes animal and creatures souls for usage. It's pretty neat.

9. FosterTXT

FosterTXT Well-Known Member

Yea, I agree with what other people here are saying. Get Azura's star instead, it will save you a lot of time and effort. I forgot exactly where and how you get it, but a quick google search can help you out with that.

10. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

You can't really create them, but some enemies drop them as loot, or you can steal them from some NPCs you can also find them randomly around certain areas too.