Breaking Benjamin Comeback!

Discussion in 'Movies, TV & Music' started by Skaara Dreadlocks, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Skaara Dreadlocks

Yes, yes, yes! Or like Mr.Bison would have said it:
    [YOUTUBE]?v=vWizDna1XO4[/YOUTUBE]

Here you have the official teaser for what is rumored to be their new album:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152586273718168
    Or alternately Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJZuLaSGONs

This guy explains simply and quickly why they've been gone for two years:
    [YOUTUBE]?v=OlQm4exIH2s[/YOUTUBE]

Basically, two band members released a remix of Blow Me Away (which was used in Halo2 btw), and the vocalist Benjamin Burnley didn't approve of that, so he actually fired them. For two years there's been a stretched out lawsuit about who may keep the rights to the band-name, and Burnley's been trying to find new band members of course. Now, after two long years of waiting, it's finally been settled and Breaking Benjamin is back.

I've been a fan of his band for seven or eight years or so. Probably since I was 10 or before that. It's been so long I can't even remember when it started. This has been my number one top favorite band of all time, and I was heartbroken when this problem came up. I'm still listening to their old music, and now I'm dying to wait for their new album! :rockon:

#1 Skaara Dreadlocks, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
  2. Love this band. I was introduced to it via this many years ago:

[YOUTUBE]nq5EnEa7Mg8[/YOUTUBE]

3. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

I like them, still have a good amount of their stuff. Had no idea about the lawsuit stuff, glad they got it sorted out.

4. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I've heard of the band, but I don't recall ever having listened to one of their songs -until now. That sucks, though, how the remix of Blow Me Away,without having been approved by singer -Burnley- was able to get two band members kicked out of the group. It sucks when a favorite band of your's gets new replacements. Hopefully the new members will live up to the old ones and that maybe, one day, Burnley will forgive the old ones and have them come back.

And at 1:35 on the second video. I don't know why that guy is sending his prayers to Texas, even Boston. I live in Texas, and Texas is doing fine. He must be high on some drug. :/

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

Thanks for the replies. It's funny, the combination of Breaking Benjamin and Half-Life 2 gave me goosebumps. I have over 2000 hours registered playtime in Garry's Mod, and most of that time has gone to Half-Life 2 Roleplay, which've ultimately been the best gaming moments of my life.

-And then G-man started singing, and I laughed my ass off :lol:

Gotta hand it to the creator though, very skilled face-posing there :p

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

Bumping this thread again, the new album has finally been released! For some reason, one or two of their albums aren't on Spotify, so I expected the new album not to be there, so I pre-ordered it on iTunes and gained access to a couple specific songs before release. And when they released, their new album ended up in Spotify. Typical, I wouldn't have had to buy their album. But never the less, I'm glad I did; It's an actual honor to contribute to their comeback with some of my money.

Even though I now have it on iTunes and Spotify, I'm still gonna buy the CD as soon as I can get my hands on one here in Norway. Just for the sake of it. Their new album is absolutely amazing. A lot of people said "I expected it to be bad, but luckily I was proven wrong", while I say "I always knew it was gonna be amazing, even before it was announced that they were gonna come out with a new album at all", as I always knew they'd come back with something spectacular. And spectacular it is indeed.

They hosted a 1 hour Live Interview on youtube that I just absolutely randomly managed to time so brilliantly that I got to watch it from start to end. I doubt anyone's gonna care to look at the whole interview, but it's here if anyone's interested:
    [YOUTUBE]?v=WhyjhdFDITE[/YOUTUBE]

7. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love this band, one of my favorite metal bands next to Skillet and a few others.