Bittsevskiy park

Discussion in 'Last Light Roleplay' started by Stepan Tikhonov, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Stepan Tikhonov

Stepan Tikhonov Well-Known Member

Welp, here's my first RP go at it. The classic "Some random introductions at a bar" type deal. and I hope to god I did this right

Staring at the multitude of colored bottles on the back wall of Dobryninskaya Stations bar is mind numbing, none of the mercenaries who I had paid have even shown. I spent half my MGR on a 14.7mm AM rifle and I'm still here... watching the purple acrid smoke curl from the ash trays in a Washed out station. Maybe I can convince some people to come along...

2. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Okay, I'll bite. My character will be confronting you at the bar.

"Crazy worm. Crazy worm, inside my head." The homeless man said, cupping his left hand and hitting it against his ear. "This worm wont come out!" The man fumbled toward the local cantina. "Arggg, there we go." He twitched and jerked, in place, before lifting the blanket that lead into the bar. He carried nothing but a bindle on a cane, hoisted over his right shoulder. He shuffled his feet and mumbled at the other customers -it appeared to be more of a plea for some bullets so that he may buy himself, a round or two, of drinks. When he reached the candle lit bar, he had won himself one bullet. The homeless man scooted a chair out and sat down, holding the bullet high in the air and lowering it, slowly, to be directly in front of the bartender's face. "one bullet, one drink." The hobo said, dropping the bullet into the bartender's open hand.

As the drink was being prepared out of brine, dirty dishwater, and a few drops of vodka, the homeless man turned to his neighboring drinking buddy and smiled "So," the man paused. "My name is Pete......Pete the hobo. Have you heard about the one about the hobo who walked into a bar? It'll cost ya a bullet though, you know, if you want to hear it." With those words, the bartender had finished and served the drink -spilling about half, of the liquid, when he slammed the shot glass down onto the surface of the bar. "Finish your drink and get out of hear...Bum!" The bartender stated before getting back to doing nothing.

3. Stepan Tikhonov

"Hey! Old man, get over here!" I might have been a bit too gruff, but some people need that barely to respond. I hand him 2 bullet and ask "Old man.. er.. Pete, what did you do before you ended up a liquored up beggar?"

4. NuclearWastE3

Regular

"Wha? Oh, uh, yeah!" The homeless man spun around to his caller and went to him. "Yeh see," Pete acknowledged, moving his hands aimlessly. "I've been all over the place, here, in the metro, and this is the station that I keep coming back to when I'm done with my adventures. I have little stashes of everything that litter every nook and cranny you can possibly think of." Pete downed his first shot. "And let me tell you this...." Pete rambled on about things that were irrelevant to the man's question; but, eventually, he came back to answering the initial question. "But nothing was as exciting as the time when I was a member of a caravan! Well, not an official member, but, I was still part of it! I had, accidentally, gotten onto the wrong rail car, at a station, near Polis. It wasn't until we were 15 minutes, into the tunnels, that I realized that I was on the wrong cart. Anyway, it turned out to be a caravan filled with precious merchandise and I, unintentionally, became a guard. From that day on, up until a few months ago, I just got on caravan cars, rid them to their destination, and guarded them while on their travels."

With another two shots in him -compliments of the man who gave him the extra bullets- Pete finally addressed the man and decided to ask him his name. "Say, stranger? What's your name? Thanks for the drinks and all, but, I know people; and people don't give away, more than one bullet -at least to me- for the hell of it. There's gotta be some shit stuck to the end of this stick."

5. Nightfall

Nightfall Well-Known Member

I stroll into the bar flicking my pony tail over my shoulder and adjusting my Ak-47s strap alot of people prefer a Ak-74m cause ammo is more common but I prefer the 47 for stopping power I step up to the bar and run a hand through my hair thinking over what to get today shroom vodka or just information?Briefly looking at the hobo and the handsome blonde in the process.

#5 Nightfall, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015
  6. Stepan Tikhonov

"You in the leather coat, nice Kalash. Not common to see an underfolder like that." I try to move the 7.62x54R pipe rifle out of view and then wonder about if the armorer at this station has my PTRD ready and hoping the words of the old man's story were true. I am intrigued enough to answer Pete's question. "Sorry, Stepan. My name is Stepan. You wouln't happen to want to come along on an expedition would you Pete?"

#6 Stepan Tikhonov, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
  7. Nightfall

I stroll over to handsome and hobo."What this old rifle?Found it in a tunnel........in a deadmans hands he had alot of ammo too."I pat the Ak-47s barrel and nod.

8. NuclearWastE3

Regular

I just realized I still need to make, a post, in the character thread. There really isn't much to tell, anyway. Pretty much what I described as Pete's past is really all that's too it.

Pete turned his head, to take a quick glance, at the woman, Stepan was addressing, before following up to Stepan's invitation. Pete cleared his throat and nodded his head. "yeah, of course. I...I can do that. Sounds like fun." Pete gave a big grin to Stepan. "But, before we leave, I just need to run to one of my little stashes to get my gun. It won't take long, I swear. I can basically see where it's at from here." Pete stood up while supporting his weight, on the table, wit his hand. "Do you know if we're going right now? If so, I'll just run over there and get my stuff. I'll be quick about" Pete gave another grin.

9. Stepan Tikhonov

"Okay Pete, that is doable. Where is this stash of yours? " I look over at the woman in the leather coat and think that she could definitely help me on my journey to Bittsevskiy park. "So... Leather coat, you got a name?" I stand up and leading Pete and her to the door with me.

10. Nightfall

"Valentina Anosov.....is my name a pleasure.....I asume you got a job for me?"
    I smile at the handsome blonde man and nod my head."Its doable just letting you know I get a cut of any loot fair?"As I follow him out.

11. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Pete didn't pay much attention to the lady, Valentina, who was now part of the group. After being on so many caravan trips, Pete had leaned it was easier to just do the job and not grow to know those around you. It was better that way and the chances of getting hassled were slim. Either way, it wasn't against the rules to say hello those who accompanied you. "Hello" said Pete, as he followed Stepan out the door. "Well, it won't matter if you see me go and get my things from my stash, since I'll move it somewhere else when we get back." Pete walked a little ahead of Stepan and Valentina, to a metal grate, that covered an old ventilation shaft, on a wall, adjacent to the main metro tunnel. He kicked it once and it fell off from it's hinges. Pete keeled down stuck his torso, midway, into the hole. People walked past him without giving him a second glace -'typical of a homeless person,' the people probably thought.

When he was done, Pete removed a pre-war, pump-action shotgun, a small rucksack, some shotgun shells, and a very damaged gas mask. He stood up and shook off the gray dust from his pants. "Okay, it looks like I'm all set." Pete said.

12. Stepan Tikhonov

"Good shotgun, Pete. Take this extra mask and filter. We might need it depending on the tunnel ahead." I look over at Valentina and say "Nice to meet you, I'm Stepan. It just so happens I've planned an expedition to a fairly dangerous part of the city. Old military maps and papers say that park held a military encampment and Missile Defence battery. Fair share of military loot. You and Pete will get equal cut of whatever we find if we even make it there..." We walk out of the stash and toward the exit of the station and on to Oktyabrskaya.

13. Nightfall

I nod and smile."Sounds prefect.....wonder if we will find some more ammo for this old gal?"I tap my ak again as I follow it has become habit.

14. Stepan Tikhonov

While stopping for a rest in the still relatively safe Hansa protected Ring line tunnel before Oktyabrskaya I stop and address the group. "Well, even though the people I hired never showed, I still have my arrangements in place. at Oktyabrskaya we'll have a rail car, it was meant for caravans but I had it armored and motorized with extra gear. The Hansa Guards will let us pass in the car." I sit down and take off the padded tanker helmet to cool off my head and take a deep swig from a dented and worn military canteen. "We'll move in a bit" I grunt as I move the large AT rifle off the bag and begin to carry it under my arm

15. Nightfall

"So.....a rail car huh?I've only ever traveled to the outpost and back I used to work as a guard.....until dad pulled me off the detail."I said adressing blondie.

16. Stepan Tikhonov

"This rail car is gonna make the ride through these tunnels much safer. A small engine, some armor, room for 4 to 6 people depending on supplies. You'll watch the front with your AKS. I'm saving my PTRD for de.. Nevermind..." I clear my throat and look around before knocking on the wooden rail tie as not to jinx the mission.

17. Nightfall

"Its a Ak-47 AKS has the folding stock."I lightly slap the back of his head."Besides I am thought of as pretty bandits will think twice about shooting me they always target the men."I laugh."All the time I need to line up a shot as they debate were to hit me so I won't die..........for uhhh...."I trail off not wanting to scare him.'Point is I'll watch the front yea your right."

18. Stepan Tikhonov

I laugh off the light bandit humor while thinking of the road ahead. I reach into my bag and pull out two tins, I put the tightly wrapped one back in my bag and then pull three cups and a small worn Zippo lighter. I make a small fire and start brewing Mushroom tea. "You and Pete can have some of the tea with me, We're going to finish it off while we have a chance." I pass her and pete a cup and then start fiddling with the improvised 7.62 rifle I have lugged along with the AT rifle. "This pipe gun was a M44 carbine at one point" I say to Val trying to break silence

19. Nightfall

"Oh?Nice very nice....but mines fully automatic....and are you making mushroom tea?"I smile at him."Handsome and good at things...last man I called handsome was brainless....you know."I keep the smile on my face as I unsling the Ak-47 so he can see the tallies and name."Bitch killer."Scratched into the stock with a knife theres 30 tallies I set the rifle in my lap with that side of the stock up so its visable taking a sip of the shoom tea.

20. Stepan Tikhonov

"I just know how to protect my brain!" I laugh as I bang on the pads of the tanker helmet. I then hand her the TT33 while saying "This is my real weapon. Haven't killed much, only mutants and the occasional bandit. Maybe a Demon once with other weapons but the Tokarev has been with me forever..." I look at the AT rifle on the floor.