Quantcast

Bethesda Focused On Completing Game First, But Will Be Up For DLC

Discussion in 'Fallout' started by Todd Black, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Todd Black

Todd Black Well-Known Member Regular

It goes without saying that Bethesda's upcoming Fallout 4 is HIGHLY anticipated. To the degree that numerous people are already clamoring to play it and test out its versatility and amazing scope. With so much going on with it, and so much promised, you have to wonder where Bethesda's focus is in regards to the game itself. Well, Pete Hines wishes to put all fears to rest. Cause the main focus of the entire team? Is to get the game done.
    “I can tell you with all confidence that right now the team is one hundred per cent focused on the game itself,” says Hines. “Mod support, DLC… That’s all nice, but if we don’t deliver an awesome game by November 10th our DLC plans won’t matter and our plans for mod support will be irrelevant. We have to deliver a great game [in the first place].”
    “That doesn’t mean [the development team] haven’t spent some amount of time thinking about what they might do [regarding Fallout 4 DLC], but honestly that’s not a focus for anybody right now.”
    So there you go. Make the game, get it to gamers, ensure there aren't any massive bugs at launch that need day one patches...then everything else! Sounds like a plan to me! What do you all think?

2. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

That should be the standards for every game! I don't even know why they felt the need to say that, to be honest...companies should always focus on making a game to completion and if you have to put aside ideas that couldn't fit into the game, you make an expansion pack after the game is launched and patched with most of the bugs ironed out. That way, the game is worth the price tag and everyone will be happy overall.

3. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Funny they said that considering the season pass is already announced.

4. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

They should go the way CD Project RED is going. They deliver a very good, polished and bug free product. Make it even more bug free and polish it to perfection, and then they release full blown expansion packs, like companies used to do 10 - 15 years ago. Not just small, 1-2 hour long DLCs.

5. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove Regular

I agree with pretty much everyone here. Though, aren't DLC's basically just bits of story they couldn't fit into the original game? Could be wrong about that though.

6. Touchstone

Touchstone Well-Known Member Regular

Fair enough. Bethesda is one of those companies which can (and does) classic-length expansions.

7. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE! Regular

DLCs are an added revenue source for the game publisher and a way to add extra content to keep players interested. It isn't really about what could or couldn't be fit into the release version of a game in most cases.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

Fair enough, I don't care a lot about the DLCs if the original game is good enough, and Fallout 4 seems to be just that. Can't wait for the launch.

9. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member Regular

Well it was released today that the Fallout team will be shaping up the dlc based on player feedback which is a good step forward. To be honest, right now, what I want the to do is concentrate on fixing those bugs.

10. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

I agree with you there. The game has quite a few, especially on consoles and for some reason, when played on high-end PCs. There is also a gamebreaker that people have found recently. They should either focus on polishing the game, or at least release the toolset earlier, so that modders can fix those backs ASAP.