Quantcast

Best race to choose?

Discussion in 'Skyrim' started by Morgan, Aug 14, 2013.

1. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

I always play with Nords, but races are pretty balanced really. Except the Bretons. Again.

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I loved the Nordics but as Chris_A mentioned: all the races are pretty balanced. No one has a real advantage over the others.

3. shadejb

shadejb Well-Known Member Regular

I played the Nord, but for roleplaying purpose only. The stats difference between races are not that big, plus it's nice to see the captain acknowledge you as a native when returning home only to have your head chopped off.

4. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

I've played only Nord characters, so... that race. :p I mean we're in Skyrim so it's the most apt race to use. I don't really care about pros and cons, I only care that they look cool to me. :p

5. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

Depends on the way you play it. Nords are good if you have in mind to follow Ulfric and his gang in the civil war quest, but it can go either way. I played as a Khajiit thief on my other save.

6. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member Regular

I have to go with Bretons. Added magic resistance and the ability to absorb magical spells? Sign me up! It's waaay to overpowered in the sense that you can really be immune to magic if you get your passive bonus rewards by just doing some quests and activating the right standing stones. This means extra slots in your enchantments, so instead of adding more magic resistance, you can use your necklace and ring for magic reduction, or really, anything you like.

7. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE! Regular

I don't really think there is a best one. It all depends on your play style and what you like. There might be a best for you, but not a general best for everyone. Skyrim just isn't designed like that.