Quantcast

Best race to choose?

Discussion in 'Skyrim' started by Morgan, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

What is by far the best race for someone to play with in Skyrim? I ask because I am currently a Nord, but I didn't check out the other race classes. Are there any race's better than a nord? if so I may even restart a new game and play as someone else. I want to try other races simply because many of them look pretty rad.

Morgan.

2. Meridia

Meridia Active Member

I'm going to have to say Altmer. I haven't played as any of the other classes, but I may as well play as another class one of these days. Nord is the main basic race correct? I want to be a lizard race next time around.

3. Hook&Anchor

Hook&Anchor Active Member

Try playing all of them, it's cool to get familiar with them all. Personally, I love the Altmer. I have played Lizard too, try them all.

4. jayalastair

jayalastair Member

For my first playthrough of the game, I decided to play as a Nord but for my second playthrough, I think I will be either of the Elf races or a Argonian. I don't know of any race being the best persay. They're just there to enjoy them and make the game more replayable.

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member Regular

It all depends on what type of a character you want. No point in making and orc mage etc. Nord is a good overall character and you can do pretty much anything with it while most of the others are more specific to which classes they are good for.

6. LivelyTwenty

LivelyTwenty Member

I would be a Nord. Just playing the game with a talking cat is just awkward, and I don't feel like being any weird species. I find that I can pretend I'm random people when I'm a Nord, which is basically RP on RP.

7. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member Regular

So you can't be a talking cat but you can be a normal-ish dude killing dragons? :D Whatever floats your boat.

I was a talking cat, didn't bother me at all. Especially since I was a thief/assassin/archer kind of thing it fit pretty well.

8. alfonso

alfonso Well-Known Member

Try the the dark elves. They are the underdog race in Skirim, so you might have more of a challenge going through the game. You'll find some cool, unique quest using a dark elf, there also pretty good at combat and magic. Fire resistance helps a lot too!

Krisibelle likes this.
  9. cg303

cg303 Member

I used to play a wood elf in Oblivion then they, changed them. I had a very pretty wood elf girl and used to rp with her.
    Now that Skyrim butchered them I have to play as a Breton.

10. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I would say Orc’s they are way to over powered especially a 2 handed warrior with berserk active they can kill any dragon pretty quickly.

11. crisscolfer

crisscolfer Member

I play as an Imperial. I really like the Voice of the Emperor perk, as well as their general character design and province.

12. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

Orc Berserker was my favorite. I would one shot most things that I came in contact with.. unless it was a troll. Kind of the opposite there lol! :)

13. FosterTXT

FosterTXT Well-Known Member

It all depends on what type of character I feel like playing the game as. If I feel like being a kickass warrior ill be a redguard. If I feel like being an evil warlock I will be an elf. I guess if I had to pick one race it would be Nordic.

14. Delusional

Delusional Well-Known Member

It depends on what you want to achieve. But even if you don't know upfront, every race has his fun things and bad things. I don't bother that much, I just choose whatever looks good.

15. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Depends on what you want. Dark Elves and Bretons make great mages/battlemages. Nords make the best warriors. It's really all up to you. Overall though, any of them have the potential to be amazing.

16. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

I chose the Redguard, just because his special abilities afforded me the means to suit my particular play style. Straight forward, in your face, ATTACK! ATTACK !ATTACK!!!

17. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I have to disagree I agree Dark Elves make for good mages, but I think high elves are better then Bretons because they have a larger mana pool, and as far as warriors I think Orcs would all ways be superior, but this is just my opinion.

18. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

I was just being general but yeah you are more correct about that. I was just being a bit general and I don't remember the details about each race.

19. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayer Well-Known Member

I think there's no true best because all the races where they designed equal. I don't think Bethesda will ever be in favor of a single super race in the game. All races have their strengths so it's hard to tell.

20. Ram Levy

Ram Levy Well-Known Member Regular

In my opinion there is no best race. Every race has its pros and cons. and it's all about what you feel like playing :)

Krisibelle likes this.