Best "gaming" smartphones

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by jviloriab96, Jan 16, 2016.

1. jviloriab96

jviloriab96 Member
    Regular

The other I was wondering (since nintedo aparently will be releasing a smartphone target to people who like to play games on their phone and sony already has) which smartphones were better (and cheaper) when it comes to playing games on the go.
    I'd thought I should share the results with you guys:
    1.- Acer Predator 6 (it's a smartphone desingned for gamers)
    2.- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+
    3.- HTC M9 (I currently own this phone, I can assure you it's GREAT with HD games)
    4.- iPhone 6s Plus (never tried it, but people on the internet claim it to be one of the best phones for games)
    5.- OnePlus 2/Honor 7 (these are the most affordable ones. I'm really looking forward to try one them)

What do you think?

2. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

I think the whole concept is amusing. I'll keep the rest of my thoughts on the matter to myself because there is no point in offending people. At least no point to offending anyone over this particular topic.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I wouldn't go the iPhone route, there is a lot less variety on the App Store. I would either choose the S6 or M9 (even though it has overheating issues).

Nytegeek likes this.
  4. galactica

galactica Member
    Regular

If you don't want to go with a tablet, go with the Galaxy Note 5. Halfway between phone and tablet. Phone/tablet gaming is still in its infancy, so I wouldn't expect too much no matter which way you go.

5. djskyrim

djskyrim Well-Known Member
    Regular

Never thought about phones that way. But, my Samsung Galaxy is pretty great for games. I do like competing with my friends on PSP - i know its not a phone but pretty much in the same category. But, I do feel that if you're getting into gaming, a phone wouldn't necessarily be the best thing.

lazar likes this.
  6. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've always wanted an xperia play, personally, but unfortunately it didn't live long enough to reach today's technology where I think it could have found the most benefits and the widest audience. I'm guessing if versions of it were still being made today it would be a lot thinner and would perform a lot better whereas the first and only version was slow and bulky. As for current phones out there, I agree that Apple devices are great for games because they don't lag at all.

7. coolyfrost

coolyfrost Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think that for gaming either the Nexus or OnePlus devices should be considered for gaming on the go. Both of them run some of the most pure versions of Android on the market. Both are also extremely cheap compared to the amount of processing power they have under the hood that rivals the iPhone and Samsung's S series every year. I would therefore recommend one of these two devices for cheap but powerful mobile gaming.

8. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't really know if an iPhone 6S can be a gamer's phone. As one said, it has overheating issues. My husband always complains that his phone overheats when playing music or playing games. Whereas my iPhone 5S doesn't have that issue at all. I wonder what is with the iPhone 6S that makes it overheat.

I'd say Lenovo phones are what gamers here are using. They have huge screens and has long battery life. It is also an affordable brand as compared to other brands.

9. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

Looking through the whole list I would go for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+. I don't quite see iPhone as one cheap for gaming. Another product I'm looking at is Lenovo though not on the list.

10. ptahm22

ptahm22 Active Member
    Regular

I use Google Pixel and I can give it credit as one of the best. It has a smooth interface, a large memory to accommodate alot of games and the games play smoothly. It also has a non removable long lasting battery to enable endless sessions of game playing.

11. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

Though I've learned about this I'm not using Google Pixel yet. I am actually thinking it's probably going to be one of the best gaming phones going by the features.

12. lazar

lazar Member
    Regular

It's true, I have a Lenovo phone but I'm not sure about battery life. Actually that's a biggest problem with my phone. Other than that, everything is great.

13. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I suffered battery malfunction with an ipad I bought last year. It was just six months after I bought the phone that the battery started malfunctioning. I'd charge it to full and in less than ten minutes it's completely drained.
    In fact manufacturers of phones should improve on the battery technology and make batteries that are more durable.

14. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well for me, I don't use my phone anymore for playing so much games. But there came a time that I was hooked playing mobile games a few years back. I always looked for a phone with a big screen, good RAM so the game won't lag and big storage so I can store a lot of games. I saw all those features in Sky Vega phones, if you purchase a brand new one, you get a charging dock and a spare battery, they offer great specs for a much lower price and they also have big screens.

15. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

In fact that was the reason why I used my minipad for game and others because it has a lot bigger screen than my mobile. I had problem of space after installing many gaming apps I couldn't get enough space to store others more important apps until I have to uninstall one or two. Subsequently I have stopped using my pad but computer for any gaming activity.

16. Belovedad

Belovedad Well-Known Member
    Regular

I feel Samsung phones are the best smartphones when it comes to gaming. I use the Note and it hasn't disappointed me yet.

17. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well with the popularity of Samsung phones in the market I think it's logical to think they may probably be the better choice too when it comes to gaming