Quantcast

Best FF villain?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by rosacrux, Dec 20, 2013.

1. rosacrux

rosacrux Well-Known Member

Kefka is my favorite villain in the series. He is crazy and sadistic and heartless. His dialogues are great and is the evilest character I have ever seen. He seems to be moved only by hate and anger.

GamerPerson likes this.
  2. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

I think the best is Sephiroth just because he's so cool and insanely wicked. Sephiroth doesn't have much depth in terms of characterisation but that doesn't matter when his weapon is a badass katana.

3. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Kefka. Sephiroth is a whiney baby most of the time and really makes him seem far less menacing. Kefka not only succeeds but becomes like a GOD and you have to destroy that MASSIVE power. Unless another character ends up more powerful then him at some point I can't see him ever being dethroned.

GamerPerson likes this.
  4. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

Mine would probably be Sephiroth as well when I was younger I though he was cool and I remember fighting him he was no cakewalk, but now that I am older now he might be a lot easier now.

5. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

I really like Caius in FF13-2, his motivation was actually very moving and I liked it way better than "I'm just being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole".

6. Lucky120

Lucky120 Well-Known Member Regular

I think that the best one would have to be Sephiroth. I thought that is was really cool and beating him was not easy. He had so much going on it was crazy.

7. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

I kind of disliked Sephiroth but it was pretty cool to see how he turned into a villain throughout Crisis Core. It was also sad...

Speaking of, Zack >>>>> Cloud.

GamerPerson likes this.
  8. montreal176

montreal176 Active Member

sepiroth. He was a very challenging boss. He was also wicked cool

9. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

I'd go for Seifer in FF8. He's not as powerful as the other villains in the FF universe but he's cool, handsome, has an aura of authority, could be a jerk and could really piss you off. But despite all of his villainous traits, he's still a guy that you could also sympathize with. He's a guy that you don't know if you have to hate or you have to love.
    [​IMG]

GamerPerson likes this.
  10. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

Sephiroth, of course because he's a bad mother...shut your mouth, I'm only talking about Sephiroth, we can dig it...

GamerPerson likes this.
  11. RaidAurora

RaidAurora Well-Known Member

Seymour is incredibly underrated. I think there's a lot of merit to the Genocidal Alien Space Pope with Mommy Issues. Nobody really talks about her, but Anima is an incredibly scary and strong plot point that you might never even stumble upon if not for guides and the internet, and her ties to Seymour are pretty terrifying. A mom becoming an aeon to protect her son? Whacky.

Cereus likes this.
  12. forte210392

forte210392 Active Member

My favorite would be Sephiroth. I know he's overrated, but I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy seven, and of sword weilding characters in general. Also, which other villain managed to kill off the protagonist's girlfriend?

13. skullalif

skullalif Member

Bahahahaha, i'd agree, Seymour was one of my favorite character-wise. Besides, i really like the way that he bonds with Tidus as a "rival" of some sort in his effort to marry Yuna, it strongly sums up the relationship between Tidus and Yuna in the game, which i see as one of the strongest point in the whole story line (which i like about FF X).

14. camsdad

camsdad Active Member

Sephiroth is the best. His character design, his weapon and of course because VII is my favorite final fantasy game. He dose not do much more than complain, but I think overall he was a great counter Cloud.

15. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Well-Known Member

Im in agreement with most of you Kefka and Sephiroth are the most villainous of all.

16. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Well-Known Member

Yes. Only played a bit of the game, but I know of the illustrious Kefka with his goofy laugh!

17. Arma45

Arma45 Active Member

After facing most of the bosses, The only ones that truly stuck with me was Sephiroth and the boss you fight under water, The Emerald Weapon. That fight took forever and I prepped for it as much as possible!

18. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Well-Known Member

My boyfriend always talked about how hard that boss is. I haven't fully played Final Fantasy 7, due to the 1st disc skipping and not letting me continue, but from conversations and videos, I can see why!

19. fliktor7

fliktor7 Well-Known Member

Sephiroth is really, really cool, I must admit that, and FF7 is probably my favourite game since now, but if I must keep one, I will say Kefka from ff6, that bloody jester has a lot of charisma.

Besides, in my opinion, Sephiroth is a really great and epic character, but I don't consider him a villain at all, or at least, the big villain of FF7. The one who deserves that title should be Jenova, Sephiroth is just her tool xD

20. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

Seymour and Kefka for sure. Sephiroth's overrated and has none of the crazy nutso factor that Kefka and Seymour have. Seymour and his mother have a really messed up history together that borderlines Oedipal Complex creepy and Kefka's a complete psychopathic nut.