besides playing computer games, how do you spend your free time?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by mwin43587, Jun 7, 2015.

1. mwin43587

mwin43587 Well-Known Member

besides playing computer games, how do you spend your free time?

2. Natalie89

Natalie89 Member

I have a little boy so I spend a lot of time doing things with him, playing in the park, teaching him to ride his bike, making a mess and such. My boyfriend lives 100 odd miles away so I see him when I can too.
    Aside from that I'm a keen writer, I play piano to Grade 7 and I love to settle with a giant book and a cup of tea :)

3. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I usually make a lot of jewelry, since I run an Etsy shop and also do craft shows. It's sort of my way of making money while still in college in order to help pay for it.

4. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

Sitting in despair.

5. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Watching some Anime, or movies or TV series such as Game of Thrones, etc. Sometimes I sleep or use Blender and UE4 if I have nothing to watch.

6. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

I spend my time thinking of video games. Forgot to add that one.

7. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

I do many different things. I may do a combination of the following:

- work related stuff
    - exercise (road cycling for about 30 minutes)
    - watch various Youtube channels like Wong Fu, Just Kidding News, Moire, etc
    - play other computer games
    - have chats with my mom
    - have chats with my wife
    - go out for walks
    - talk to friends
    - make games
    - blog
    - talk on forums

8. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

Other than playing games, I do some things. When I take my breaks, I'm usually watching TV... which isn't really good at all because I'm still staring at a monitor again anyways. From time to time, I also go outside and just enjoy a nice walk around the park.

9. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love watching movies and tv series. I'm currently watching the Hannibal series and True Detective season 2. I like serious plotlines and adventure type stuff and that extends to my gaming with AC, LoL, Last of Us and others. I enjoy reading a lot of science fiction too when I'm not playing.

10. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Apart from computer games I like to spend the time browsing the internet on sites like reddit. I spend a lot of time there because witht he subreddits system the content of the site is dived by the niche you choose. Also, another website I use to brwose a lot, is Youtube and I like to watch the so called "Vines videos" where there are people doing random stuff.

11. kabezon

kabezon Member

Lifting weights. I mean getting under a bar, no curling in front of a mirror. Curling in front of a mirror is boring, getting under a bar is really challenging and I fully enjoy the challenge and get this dopamine rush every time I hit a new PR (personal record) It's kinda like leveling up in a MMO, expect real lol

12. Varian245

Varian245 Active Member
    Regular

I spend my free time going onto YouTube and watching gaming videos. From funny CoD commentary to more informative game play. I would usually be on social media like Tumblr and Twitter. I have no real life outside of my computer unless you count skyping your real life friends. I don't see them often anymore since we don't have classes together... Well, just my best friends don't have classes with me. I have friends in my classes. I am always on the computer, talking to people online and stuff. :/

13. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Talking to friends and family on the phone, but I mostly read novels when I want time to myself. I also like going to the movies and comedy clubs, though I normally have to be on my guard when there is a crowd of people with the usual rowdy group that wants to make a scene just to "liven things up" and what not.

14. jamesbonner

jamesbonner Active Member
    Regular

well beside playing games, I hangout outside with my friends, watch movies and series and especially sleep :p

15. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I spend it by most likely gaming or then doing homework from school. However, I also have a part time job so it takes most of my spare time.

16. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, I don't do much except playing games most of the times, but when the electric power goes down for maintenance, I obviously don't start a rant with my parents and/or my brother due to it, and I comfortably sit on my couch and read a good book until I finish it. :D

17. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I play the guitar, read books, drawing.. I like to do a lot of indoor activities, not too many outside. :D

18. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't usually have a ton of free time. I work full time, and have 2 kids, after all. After I take care of all the responsibility things, I like to read, or watch shows on Netflix. I started watching The Tudors again, it has to be one of my favorites. Historical inaccuracies aside, it's fabulous.

19. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member
    Regular

Play guitar, read literary classics, watch TV (Narcos is sweet rn), and watch football/college football.

20. leahcim132

leahcim132 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Besides video games, I work, study and hang out with friends in real life. Sometimes when I'm playing and get tired, doing these activities help take out stress and forget about the game momentarily and when I come back, it allows me to enjoy the game as if I'm playing it for the first time.