Being an Idiot With Friends in L4D2

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Potarto, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

White = Me
    Yellow = Zombine
    Blue = Lightning Goat

[youtube]-dRHhhWIALI[/youtube]
    Trying to keep myself motivated to make videos more often, so I got a whole bunch of footage and am going to try and put out one once every week. Hopefully making an obligation will help me keep with it, and hopefully they turn out pretty well.

Also tried to make the typography a bit cleaner. Hope you guys enjoy, and as always, I'd love to hear any critique. :)

Part Two
    [youtube]POCvvn1rwdo[/youtube]
    Tried to improve things a bit more. Smaller font, more selective clips, better editing; lemme know what you think and what I can do better.

Part Three
    [youtube]64pIsvbZyh4[/youtube]

#1 Potarto, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
  2. Skaara Dreadlocks

Very good! :D I like the different colors on the text from different people, I remember you doing this before. You're yellow, right?
    The only thing you could do differently, is the volume levels. L4D2 being such a chaotic mess with a lot of noise from zombie growls, frustrating music and sick shotgun-shell explosions, you should turn up the volume of the talking people, and turn down the volume of L4D2. Only for L4D2 because it is such a noisy game. For any other games, these levels would seem fine I think. :)

3. Potarto

Ehh, that's an issue with Shadowplay only having one channel for the game audio unfortunately. Dxtory does have these options, but for some reason I can barely hit the 30 FPS recording mark at 720p with the damn thing, even when my actual framerates are significantly higher. I'll have to see what I can do about using another program or something to record Skype.

And I'm always the white text, guess I should have copied my video description over here.

4. Man, fuck shadowplay.

Months of anticipation and bam, your video card is not good enough.

5. Potarto

Oh yeah shit, that's right, they only started including the built-in H.264 encoders with the 600 series. I have a friend with twin 580's who was super pissed too.

6. Potarto

Part two is out. Only three days behind schedule, so it looks like I'm making good time. Edited OP appropriately.

#6 Potarto, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2014
  7. SMRAT :laugh:

#7 Komodo Saurian, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2014
  8. Potarto

Almost a month later, I finally got around to getting Part 3 done. Edited OP, hope you guys like. Probably done with it for now since it's become pretty tedious to sort through the huge amounts of junk footage in between work, but I still have other fun stuff planned.

9. "Fucking gun scrub"

I have both L4D games, I could replace the 4th player bot sometime.

10. Potarto

I figured you'd get a kick out of that.

I had just gotten drunk for the first time and told some online buddies to jump on (I swear I'm normally not that bad), but I'd definitely be down to add you if something pops up again. Mind if I add you? I promise I won't spam you with trading requests for cards.

11. No problem, go ahead

Actually I found your profile myself.

#11 Komodo Saurian, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
  12. Potarto

jumpin jehosaphat