Fortuna Be very wary of this game

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by shadegrilllock, Jun 7, 2015.

1. shadegrilllock

This is another scam your money ( pay2win) game from PWE.

It was previously called Rise of Europe ( check forums ) and run by Travian games with absolutlely zero support and updates .

Avoid this turkey and spend your hard earned elsewhere.

2. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Well-Known Member

First off, p2w aside, I have no clue why this game is even listed on this site, its NOT a mmo, its a 'city building' game, more of a glorified chat client than anything else.

Add in p2w crap, and its even futher down the line, is the only reason its here is because someone threw money at mmoprg's dev's faces?

3. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

This is why i dont play Chinese Games. Or play the game from Chinese company.

4. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Well-Known Member

Waste of time

another PWI game where u need donate $

BUY BUY BUY $$$$

5. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

Well, Travian has a history of lack of support in their games. Fortuna wouldn't be the first "milk the people while we can" kind of product from them.

6. niightwind

niightwind Well-Known Member

Yikes, glad I saw this thread. I've heard some good things about the game and the idea/name got me interested, but I don't bother with games that are purely P2W. I've wasted too much money on those sorts of MMOs already, don't need another. I find that if I get really into a game and then end up having to pay to continue, I feel really tempted to do so even if there's really no plausible way for me to afford it. I've lost so much money that could have gone to better things because of that. So... Thank you for the warning before I got involved with this one!

7. Phil

Phil Member

Oh wow, Travian Games? I wasn't aware they were still actually doing things, I do remember playing Travian when it was initially released, oh boy, that was such a great game. And then obviously I moved on and forgot about the dirty game and moved to some of the more improved and popular and eventually stopped playing them all together, but the worst part is that I'll always remember the name Travian, for the rest of my life... I feel scarred, especially to now find out that they are some money-grabbing-wallet-milking company it just makes me feel ill.

8. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Seriously? Someone recommended me to try this game out but I wanted to do some extra research before hand. Glad I saw this thread then...

9. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have never even heard about this game, until now. What exactly is it? A browser game? Or another P2Win from PWE?

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm in the same boat as you, Chris_A. Haven't heard of the game before and from what I've read it doesn't even belong to the MMORPG category, so I'll just steer off from it.

11. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

What a ridiculous and prejudicial statement. Do you realize how offensive and ignorant you are being?

12. Nytegeek

Regular

It may be mis-categorized in the view of some, but it isn't as evil as it's being made out to be here.

13. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Never even heard about this before so had to look it up. Honestly considering its a browser game, it being a cash grab is not surprising in the least. Browser and F2P games just scream " low effort - good money " to me.

14. Nytegeek

Regular

@razer If you are lumping all F2P games in with the lower quality browser games (some are better than others) then you are just missing out.

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member
    Regular

I read a couple of sites about Fortuna. It just looks like a lot of gathering resources and building. I can do that stuff for free in any Harvest Moon or Sims game, so I wouldn't pay to do it. I disagree completely with the racist comment that someone made about Chinese made games. Not every game made in China is bad.

16. Rodrigo Menezes

Regular

I have never heard of this game before this thread. I appreciate your tip of not playing it.

17. gats

gats Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't think his intention was necessarily racist even if it appeared that way. There are a lot of companies, primarily from developing countries, that make poorly developed games for the pure intention of making a quick buck.

18. Nytegeek

Regular

I didn't say racist. I said prejudicial. They are not the same thing.

19. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well I will avoid getting into the whole racist conversation going on here (not that it is racist, but just that is the subject matter), but I just would like to say thanks for the warning. I am not sure I would have fallen for it, but it always good to know people are out there alerting us of these scams.

20. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I appreciate such a thread. Thanks for warning us of such a game. Sorry that you wasted your money on the game.