Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by NuclearWastE3, May 7, 2016.

1. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

New Battlefield game set during World War 1. I really dig the idea; especially since this chapter of war hasn't been used very much in the gaming industry. Bi-plane dogfights, to me, seems very intriguing as well as trench-warfare and mustard gas. Oh, and I really hope they include fighting with bayonets :D

The only thing that is not that appealing is the WW1 tank. A tank from that era moved so slow that infantry troops could walk faster than the darn thing.

[YOUTUBE]c7nRTF2SowQ[/YOUTUBE]

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I'm loving the visuals, Dice always know how to make beautiful games for the PC. Gameplay-wise they usually deliver as well, though they did fuck up with the lack of content for the recent Battlefront game. Anyway, the WWI setting is quite uncommon for shooters and even less so for AAA titles, so it'll be interesting to see how this turns out. I'm intrigued.

Although I liked the DoW III trailer much more (artistically it just clicks with me and really suits the W40K universe), this one is much more representative of the game since it's supposed to be in-engine footage. Most companies nowadays lie in their trailers, but knowing Dice I really think the final product won't look far off this. :)

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

I've actually never played any of the Battlefield games. (Well, I played a little bit of the third when you could get it for free on Origin, but I only played a little bit of multiplayer).
    This new one looks really darn amazing though, and I really loved the choice of music in that trailer :D
    With all the money I've invested in my new PC, it would almost be a shame to not try out this new game on it, eh? :rolleyes:

4. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Well this is fun, COD goes into bloody Gundam Territory and Battlefield goes into the exact opposite. also as a history buff it was nice to see the Armor not being forgotten about :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. NuclearWastE3

Regular

It's been like that for the previous Dice games, hasn't it? I always hear complaints of the games but I can only go based off of what I hear/read since I am unable to run the games due to their operating system requirements. I really do think they games look fun, despite peoples' opinions. As far as Battlefield, I can only go as far as playing Bad Company 2 since that was the last one that could run on WinXP -and it's pretty damn fun.

Indeed, it was also more theatrical. :)

Yes, you must play it :spy: Imagine how great this would look through a VR headset? :p

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

It probably would, but that doesn't excite me very much, to be honest. What does excite me is Dying Light in VR and primarily... METRO! :O

7. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Excited to see VR Anna, eh? :eyebrows:
    Just messing with you. And agreed. Dying Light and Metro do seem like the better candidate for VR. Zombies running at you you and getting to exploring metro stations?....Ahggg, *drool* I can only imagine how great it would be to wander around Vdnkh and Venice, again. Hey, and since on the topic of VR, that scary Horror game Alison Road is suppose to support it. I'd be terrified to play, but I know you can do's it ;)
    ---------------------------------------------

8. Damnation13

Damnation13 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree this game does look really fun i have to say, for pc theres Verdun its ww1 but its tough (i suck at it) hahaha, im for sure thinking of getting this game like wast said not many ww1 games so should be fun!

9. Damnation13

Damnation13 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Are they making a new metro , sorry but curious lol

10. NuclearWastE3

Regular

This one looks like a lot of fun, and the Steam reviews are highly possitve :) too bad it requires an OS higher than the one that I have, or else I'd be on it like hair on a bar of soap.

#10 NuclearWastE3, May 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  11. TotalAaron

Do i spy with my little eye a A7V?

[​IMG]

12. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Funny that you mention it :p Earlier today, I was going to post a video analysis, that someone made concerning the trailer, but withheld for some reason. The guy talks about how "accurately" (I can't think of another term to use ATM) the content of the game represents that of actual WWI. He even makes mention of the full-body juggernaut armor you made note of :)

[YOUTUBE]l20il6AHlWo[/YOUTUBE]

13. TotalAaron

I had to take a back step when this

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Had dubstep for music

14. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

Aaron you just made my day

15. NuclearWastE3

Regular

First impressions:
    I tried like the first 2 minutes of the single player campaign and it rocked!

Multi-player:
    Now this is hard as fuck. Everyone shoots laser beams while my bullets go all over the place like diarrhea. It sucks. The graphics are stunning tho, but I can't get a hold of the combat. Now I feel it's slow paced, but, at the same time, it's pretty fast. It goes "slow" in terms of stuff blowing up in your face. Battlefield 1 has some great destruction physics, except that not everyone has a powerful rocket launcher and grenades; so things (buildings) tend to fall apart a lot slower. It's nothing like the previous games with building crashing down all around you. I also feel like the maps are too big. I mean, it amazing and all, but I have to be sprinting for quite some time before I get to some fighting; and, when I do, I get laser-beamed by a salvo of enemy bullets. Maybe I'm playing the game wrong.

IDK, I'm not having as much fun as I though I was going to. I simply blame the fact that I suck-ass at killing enemies. Hahaha :laugh: I'm sure that once I get the hang of it, I'll enjoy it a lot more. The learning curve is pretty steep from my perspective. Regardless, I can't help but think about it when I'm not playing it. Something about it keeps me wanting to play it for hours on end.

It's just hard to live up to one of my favorite battlefield games, and that is Bad Company 2. It's still great game, tho. Oh yes, very great indeed.

#15 NuclearWastE3, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2017
  16. Skaara Dreadlocks

Finally someone with the exact same problem as me! But not only is it annying to have to run so far sometimes, but it is also annoying when you spawn on your squad. That's what you have to do to spawn in the heat of the battle; you join a squad and then you can spawn on them when they are safe, so you can get into the middle of it in a heartbeat but there's also a safety feature that keeps you from spawning in danger (or spawning as danger).

But that system is malfunctioning if you ask me. It's not unusual for me to spawn on my squad only one second before an enemy comes charging around the corner. Or I run out around the corner and get shot after being alive for two seconds. And on a few rare occurences, I have actually spawned on my squadmate a split micro-second before he is stabbed to death by an enemy, and then I stab that enemy to death after literally spawning out of thin air right in front of him. It's just so ridiculous and unfair. Neither spawn options are optimal IMHO.

I agree on the singleplayer though, it is absolutely amazing :D The Multiplayer can probably be good if you can get into it, but the learning curve is indeed very very steep for some, especially for me who's never played a BF game before. But when we're speaking of destruction physics, I just gotta say I am really impressed by that. There was this one time when I was standing in second floor of a normal house, sniping out of a window, and I spot an enemy tank turning around and aiming at me. I turned out of the aim to run, but then the tank fired and everything was blurry and dusty around me. Then when I finally could see, I ran towards the nearest doorway, hoping that I could find the stairs to go down, but I was suddenly outside the house, at the front entrance, without ever going down the stairs. I just stopped for a second and was like "Wait.... what?" then I turned around and just saw that the entire building was just collapsed and all that was left standing was the doorway :lol:

17. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Indeed! I now know how you feel...and it suuukkks :p

Yes! Exactly. However, I never had this problem before in Bad Company 2. I mean, yeah, it would happen sometimes, but not as bad. Since I was never able to play Battlefield 3 and the following BF games due to the limitation of my previous OS (those games required Windows 7 and I only had XP), I didn't get introduced into the "safety" spawning feature until BF 1....and I got to say, I don't like it. It also seems like there isn't that much cover to hide behind. If you decide to make a daring sprint across a small distance, more than likely, you'll get gunned down.

My only problem is that I get too distracted by the MP that I never focus on the SP campaign. Whenever I feel like giving it a try, I start up the game but then decide to join an MP game instead. :p

Heck yeah. Haha, you describe it like the scene of a movie. IDK, but, for some reason, I just pictured scenes from Saving Private Ryan.

18. Skaara Dreadlocks

I've had some alright moments in multiplayer, so after watching my favorite youtuber playing BF1 multiplayer, I decided to give it another go. And I eventually just quit out of frustration. As far as I can remember, there's no other game I've ever done that with; quitting just because I'm losing. I don't give up on games that easily, and I didn't give up on BF1 that easily either; I took my time, I really tried, I played several matches, but it all just went to shit and I just couldn't find any way to enjoy it.