Battle for Sevastopol/ Bitva za Sevastopol

Discussion in 'Movies, TV & Music' started by Derrame, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Derrame

Derrame Well-Known Member
    Regular

#1 Derrame, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2015
  2. Haven't heard about this one yet, granted I don't pay much attention to new movies in general. Looks neat, but the comments are filled with whining about propaganda :rolleyes:

3. Derrame

Derrame Well-Known Member
    Regular

i don't pay attention to propaganda nor to comments, i just see the movie as it is, a movie based on true events :)

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Reminds me of this:

[YOUTUBE]4tryn8ii2GM[/YOUTUBE]

Only with better production values. In recent years it is very popular in Poland to come out with crap like this. Patriotic bile that demonises the foreign side and glorifies the home team in a historical conflict, usually attempting to apply the formula of a typical American blockbuster but to a period of Eastern European history - most often shoehorning a cheesy romance subplot into it too. I've seen adverts for similar Russian films; the setting and the bias may be different, but the principle is the same. If that is the case with this one, then I am not surprised that people are whining about propaganda (plus the whole Russia-Ukraine thing).

Of course, I could be completely wrong about Битва за Севастополь as I have not seen this movie and I am judging it only by the trailer. It could actually be something like this:

[YOUTUBE]KEA76l3tLzM[/YOUTUBE]

That trailer makes Miasto 44 look similarly cheesy and nationalistic as Bitwa warszawska 1920 (the one I posted above), when in fact it turned out to be a fairly smart war film about the Warsaw Uprising that doesn't present history in a completely black & white manner and manages to apply a Western blockbuster formula to Eastern European war history without dumbing things down too much (minus some out-of-place romance scenes). Is Battle for Sevastopol more similar to Miasto 44 from what I described? If so, I'd love to watch it.

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

Looks really good, I might have to give this one a watch.