Bad Ending....

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by kazakmither, Jun 17, 2013.

1. kazakmither

kazakmither New Member

I'm sure there have been a few thread about this before but I just finished the game a few minutes ago and I'm kind of pissed off. Having played 2033 I knew about the morality system and that there would probably be different endings once again. I managed to get the good ending in 2033 so I was trying to do the same again.

I explored everywhere, spared both Lesnitsky and Pavel (even though they didn't deserve it), saved the bear mother, released the prisoners from the concentration camp, so many others. Still somehow managed to get the sacrifice ending which, even though I was expecting the Dark Ones to show up at the end, I didn't even know was the 'bad' ending until I did looking around online. What gives? Did watching the stripper one time doom me to the bad ending even after all this?? I'm sure I'll play through it again at one point but not any time soon

2. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

well, there is alot more morale points to be had from listening, exploring and so on, checked the wiki?

3. kazakmither

kazakmither New Member

I listened to every conversation in all the stations etc, even ones that didn't end up getting me moral points. I'm sure I missed a few exploration ones but I didn't really want to use a guide on my first play through. My point is, do you have to get every point to get the good ending? If so that is kind of BS. It should just be the main decisions of killing/saving innocents, sparing Pavel and Lesnitsky etc that decide your ending. How does me finding a few extra bullets have any effect on the ending?

4. Jastreb

Jastreb Active Member

well you did about 30% of all moral points, which is not enough. Most of the moral points are earned when you check the 'side' areas and earned by listening to most conversation. The best way to get to know them is to check on WIKI, some of them are ridiculous, such as Watching full play of a guy who is making Animal-Shape shadows with his hand in Theatr and following kids going to the beginning of a chapter, etc..

5. DarkOne

DarkOne Well-Known Member

Did you listen in on conversations by enemies a lot of times they have conversations that give moral points even if you kill them right afterwards. Anyway sounds to me like you played the game like I did I know I didn't get all possible moral points but I did get the good ending. Did you spare the two guys that surrendered?

I know how you feel though first time I played Metro 2033 in order to get the good ending I wasn't able to get it and was disappointed by that.

6. Defected

Defected Well-Known Member

That is one major flaw in this game. They setup the Good ending if your do the boring stuff in the game. Sitting there listing to bad acting is something I can't bring myself to do.

7. Derrame

Derrame Well-Known Member
    Regular

you dont need every moral point, but almost every point
    did you kill humans? try to not kill humans
    dont shoot if you dont need it, just shoot to kill mutants, nothing more
    if a npc tells you not to shoot, dont do it, just wait

explore everything, little tunnels in the surface, little holes, find bullets,

spend bulltes on the strippers does not doom you to the bad end, you can spend all the bullets you want

good luck :)

8. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

and watching the stripper loses you moral points

9. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Should have a option in the new metro to kill EVERYONE!!! Fallout style,

10. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Trying to get the good ending in 2033, I tried my best on one playthrough and just couldn't do it. Literally had to look up a guide on the wiki for morality points to try and get the damn thing.

I got the bad ending for Last Light (thinking it was the good ending), saw that there was a good ending and got it without too much effort on my second playthrough.

So I really don't see it the other way around, with 2033's ending being the easy one to get.

11. This is the worst advice and it's everywhere.

You can kill everything that moves and get the Enlightened and Redemption endings.

That's not a flaw. You don't care about the game world, and it doesn't care about you right back. That's the entire point, in both games the Dark Ones judge you, the player, by how you act.

#11 Komodo Saurian, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2013
  12. Potarto

This. If you play your character apathetically, rushing through the game, then you come across as such. But if you take time to explore and appreciate the world, well, that shows more care and craftiness than choosing whether or not some desperate and starving guy who wants to kill you should either suffer head trauma or die.

13. TotalAaron

So basically
    Metro= The bane of speed runners

14. Derrame

Derrame Well-Known Member
    Regular

If i kill al humans can i still have the good ending?

15. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Short answer: Yes...

16. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

Learn 2 read

17. TotalAaron

Learn to german ;)

18. Skaara Dreadlocks

I finished 2033 three times, and only got the bad ending. Until I had to use a guide to get the good ending on my fourth playthrough :c
    But I did, though, easily manage to get the good ending on my first playthrough of Last Light, without any guide or watching any spoilers or anything. Kinda proud of that :D
    Also, I just recently noticed..... Did you guys notice that Miller actually lost his right leg in the explosion with the last train before Korbut stroll over and says "Miller, what a pleasant surprise. Or, what's left of you". ?
    Now that I think about it, I do remember Miller being crippled in the good ending, but I never actually noticed that his right calf was just gone when he was on the ground in front of Korbut, until I saw it in a youtube video today.

19. Potarto

Never noticed that, I tend to miss some details in dialogue due to me just chalking them up to Russian phrases randomly thrown in.

20. TotalAaron

As a non russian speaking man, most of the word vomit that thundered out of the NPCs was to me just drivel i charted up to being added to be authentic? i switched to russian for a reason :)