Average hours online a day

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by tony, Jan 25, 2017.

1. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

How many hours do you work online? This vary greatly some of us come on to get news, visit social media sites and other activities. Others work online for pay. Whether you actively work online or not how many hours are you putting in daily

2. ptahm22

ptahm22 Active Member
    Regular

I don't think any scale can measure the amount of time I spend online. As long as am not working, studying or gaming am usually online. I can spend all day online since it's dynamic, you can get bored playing games but you'll never lack an interesting video to stream or article to read. Don't forget working online and all this can amount to almost 18 hours spent online.

3. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's hard for me to keep track on how many hours I spend working online. But what I do know is I wake up at around 12 noon, turn on the PC around 12:30 or 1. I stay online until around 5 in the morning. I sleep around 7am and do the same routine.

4. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

Wow, I thought I was spending too much time on my computer until I read this. From my calculation you are putting in more than 13 hours a day. I give in up to 11 hours once in a while especially on days I am off from my offline job.

Working Buck likes this.
  5. Working Buck

Regular

There are days that I stay online for about 16 hours, I literally eat in front of my PC and go for a shower just before I sleep.

6. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can see that you are very committed to spending quality time working online. I hope the efforts are paying of.

Working Buck likes this.
  7. Working Buck

Regular

I can't say it's paying off right now, but it does teach me a lot of things. Plus I get to do what I love. I really hate working in an office for a horrible boss.

tony likes this.
  8. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's it you are right, some bosses could be horrible working with. Working for yourself is simply the best in my view. At the beginning it's always tough but if you stay on and take lessons from successful persons in same field you will succeed too.

Working Buck likes this.
  9. Working Buck

Regular

Thanks for that. It is quite hard to start out from scratch, but I prefer to work hard on something that I know is mine than working my ass of for something that won't ever be mine. If I work in a company, even if I work my ass off for tons of hours, at the end of the day, the business isn't mine. The owner gets filthy rich while the workers who work so hard earn dimes.

10. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

It is always like that when you work for someone you make them richer while your pay remains fixed. Sometimes you could be fired and have nothing to fall back to.

11. Working Buck

Regular

Same reason I hated being employed. If one of the workers dislikes you, he would just send out gossip about you like sleeping on duty or something like that and you lose your job.

12. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

You are right when you work for someone, you are oblige to always please the management and your co workers even at your own injury sometimes. This is all because you want to retain your job.

Working Buck likes this.
  13. Working Buck

Regular

Correct, and I did not like working ever since a friend of mine asked me something that I wouldn't forget. He asked me this "If I am so rich and I got blind, I would be needing just one eye, would you sell me one of your eyes for 30 thousand dollars?" I answered no, yes it's a big amount of money for me but everything won't be the same again if I would sell one of my eyes to you. He just answered me with "Then why are you selling your whole body to your company for something less than what I offered to you?".

14. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

This is a food for thought, I didn't see things in this perspective before. Thanks for the eye opener. One thing even if you are going to have to work for someone let it be for a short period, raise money and start your business or have it by the side.

Working Buck likes this.
  15. Working Buck

Regular

Same thing that my friend told me, he told me that employment is something you need to go through but make sure you won't spend too much time staying in there. He is also the one who told me about Cashflow 101, it's a board game but it has a digital version too. I used to play that for hours. It would certainly teach you a lot.

tony likes this.
  16. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

Interesting to hear about the Cashflow 101. This is strange to me, if possible I'll like a link to this game.

17. Working Buck

Regular

I think the digital one is for sale, if only I have tons of money at my disposal I would buy the tabletop game. Here is a sample video of the game.

18. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

Thanks for the video, I am going through the whole thing. Aside not having the digital one I guess this is okay too.

Working Buck likes this.
  19. Working Buck

Regular

I'm just not sure about the price but the last time I checked, this board games costs around $640. It's a bit expensive for me but the knowledge you would gain is definitely worth it.

20. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

@Working Buck that certainly look expensive in my view thhe board game costing $640. Some persons that would have love to get that may just not be able to afford one. Or what do you think