Augmented Reality Games - A Whole very advance Paradigm

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by jacksondaniels, Jul 27, 2013.

1. jacksondaniels

Mobile Application Development has seen an advance technology change in recent times. One of such change is the Augmented Reality (AR) Technology. It is a very advanced technology but is in main stream now due to the launch of Augmented Reality based Mobile Games.

2. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Active Member

not just games also apps. IKEA brought some app ot with what you can simulate all kinds of furniture and object in your apartment to see what it would look like.

3. casiolol

casiolol Well-Known Member

I tried one of these augmented reality games. It was faceraiders for the nintendo 3ds. The game was a lot of fun and actually made me consider buying the 3ds instead of relying on friends to bring it over to my place on the weekends. The game incorporates your environment within the game fairly well. I was impressed by the technology. This could be the wave of the future.

4. casiolol

casiolol Well-Known Member

Here's a look at how PS4 is going to use augmented reality technology. They'll use the "eye" of the system to augment your reality. It does look pretty cool. Here's the vid:

5. MorgUK

MorgUK Well-Known Member

I'm excited for it in the future, but I don't think any time soon the mainstream will use all this tech to it's full extent.

6. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

Is this really a combination of apps and games. Exciting piece of technology out there. Another advance definition for gaming