'Artyoms Mind' A Freemans Mind inspired series

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Media' started by Commissar_Jimbo, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Commissar_Jimbo

Commissar_Jimbo Well-Known Member

Hello. I am Commissar_Jimbo.
    Recently, I have attempted to start up a new series based around the Metro: 2033 and Last Light games.
    I just wanted to show you guys my test video in an attempt to get some opinions and reviews on what needs to be done and improved.

[youtube]3kfc5BYguM4[/youtube]

Thank you so much.

2. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I only watched a little over a two minutes of it since I have yet to play the DLCs :)o) but I was liking it so far. Quite funny and it fits the existing voice acting quite well. I'd like to see more like this.

3. Commissar_Jimbo

Thanks alot man
    Is there any improvements you would like to see in any areas?
    Presentation, Gameplay, Voice-Acting, Extra.

4. NuclearWastE3

Regular

I watched more; especially after I realized that the game captures the events through Ana's perspective -so it's not as if I was seeing anything too new. I also just decided to skip through different parts of the video just to see how the rest of it was. The voice acting was good and it fit the different situations. I liked it. Your gameplay style was good too. The only recommendation I would make is to play the game on "offline mode" so that you don't keep getting message pop-ups every so often. I haven't seen your other videos, so perhaps there weren't any message pop-ups in those. It's not like they were a big distraction to begin with anyway.

And I gave your video a thumbs up.

5. Commissar_Jimbo

Thank you so much dude, It fucking helps ALOT. I really want this series to take off and this is very good advice for me.
    I was wondering as you are clearly a well-known and loyal member of the forums here if you could also get afew other bigger members to check it out and leave there thoughts also.

6. I fixed your link :)

7. Commissar_Jimbo

8. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Why, thank you! :humble:
    But I'm sure other member here will be happy to post their own opinions when they get the chance. Most everyone checks through the forums by going to the New Posts button, up on top. There, they are able to see all the threads that have been posted in since their last visit or any new threads that have been created since -which yours falls into both of these categories. Another thing to consider is that not everyone can check into the forums everyday; so it may be a little while before someone else decides to leave a comment. Just give it some time :)

9. DaDeadlyCheese

DaDeadlyCheese Well-Known Member

I watched your vid, and I have to say it was pretty good, although I think Artyom would cuss less given the loading screens and dialog in the book. However overall well done, I left a thumbs up

10. Warhawk

Warhawk Well-Known Member

Let me be that one jerk who gives you a swift kick in the rear because I love ya:

If you're going to call it "Artyom's Mind" then I suggest sticking to that series' format. Namely it's internal monologue while playing as the character. Cussing at Anna over the radio and bouts of "serious" speech reflecting tactics and whatnot is both unfunny and jarring. You would also have much better results playing 2033 or Redux since a younger Artyom being sent on a fool's errand and meeting characters like Bourbon and Khan for the first time leaves more room for humor.

11. Derrame

Derrame Well-Known Member
    Regular

brilliant, very well made, and funny, the russiand accent sounds good, a good detail :)

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Not bad. Some of the parts were really funny, others less so, but overall quite entertaining. :D Nuclear and Warhawk gave you some good criticisms; I agree that playing in offline mode is pretty much a must when recording stuff like this because those notifications are really distracting for the viewer - as for the swearing, I don't mind it usually and I treat it as a part of everyday speech (kurwa and all that), but it does feel as though some of the cursing here is overused and out-of-place. So I don't think you should get rid of it entirely if it's funny but definitely tone down on it a bit.

What bothered me personally the most is how you somehow managed to put the "з" phoneme into "спасибо". :tsk: I don't think we ever pronounce S like Z in any Slavic language, unless it's some bizarre loanword or another exception. It's a very English thing to do and for me it completely ruined that part of your Russian impression. :p Other parts of it were decent though, pretty much on the same level as Russian accents in the English voice acting of both Metro games (stereotypical as fuck, but fitting and appropriate at the same time). Your voice was also quite well edited into the gameplay footage so that it did not stand out too much from the other sounds already in the game.

13. DaDeadlyCheese

DaDeadlyCheese Well-Known Member

I take it back, he does swear, he tells Zhenya to fuck off in the tunnel to Rizhskaya, if that's how it's spelt