Arma3: Adapt (Campaign part2)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Skaara Dreadlocks, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Skaara Dreadlocks

I've been looking forward to this for a long while. Too bad it was a total failure and a huge disappointment.

The first campaign part took me four hours, and I rarely died. The second one definitely took me less than four hours, and I died so many times, having to revert to previous saves and do a lot of gameplay over and over again. It was disappointingly short.

The enemy bots had hawk-eyes. They could immediately see you through any tiny covered window from a good distance away, and there were many other houses around them. The first mission was a good example of this.

Whilst your friendly bots, they were more realistic. But then again, they were stupid as bread. Whenever you'd get into a vehicle, and command them to get in, they just either walk very slowly around in circles, or crawl around in circles on the ground to "secure the area" before they get in. You're sitting there like "HEY, GUYS, GET THE HELL IN, WE'VE GOTTA GET TO THE EXTRACTION POINT TO COMPLETE THE MISSION, AND WE'VE GOT A WHOLE ARMY OF ENEMY VEHICLES INCOMING!" *Team crawls around on the ground*.

The whole way the missions were programmed and laid out was also horrible. A good example is when there are four teams, including yours, in a treeline just outside an enemy base. The leader tells you to command your team to attack the guards, and so you do. What does the team do? *Team crawls slowly towards the enemy base*, because they have to be stealthy, but they also have to get closer to shoot the guards even though they have long-ranged and scoped weapons. Where's the logic? Then the captain, or whatever he is, goes "DAMMIT, OMEGA! YOU'RE TOO SLOW AND YOU'VE LOST YOUR CHANCE TO TAKE THEM OUT! WE'RE MOVING IN NOW!" ...... Seriously, dude? -_-

The team had a life of their own. They didn't always follow your orders. Their instincts could take over some times. "Come on, let's retreat, team! Follow me!" *No, there are enemies, we must keel them before we can move!*
    The men under your command disobeys your orders, and then you get the blame for not getting them back to safety.

Though they were good shots. Sometimes, maybe even a little better than me. And the campaign did have a few decent moments. But all in all, this part2 was mainly a total failure and a huge disappointment. Now I'm just sad, and not looking forward to the next mission because I'm afraid it'll be as lousy as this or maybe even worse. I really hope Bohemia get their shit together and deliver a part3 being better than the part1, because they owe that to us now.

/rant over.

2. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

#2 TotalAaron, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014
  3. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Yeah, I tried out Arma II and was pretty underwhelmed by the Single Player. Squadmates felt lifeless, I would have never been able to even see the enemies if it wasn't for the dots it put over them due to me being on the easier difficulty. AI was beyond wonky. The only way that I seemed to ever be able to take on any number of enemy soldiers was to put the graphics settings on low, go prone on a grassy area (suddenly missing actual patches of grass), and just wait for them to run to you.

I understand the whole concept of how it's not a traditional shooter, and how it's meant to be more realistic, but the whole thing just constantly felt clunky and buggy.

But from what I understand, multiplayer is where it's at. I didn't really enjoy the actual combat-based servers all that much(I just spawned in 15 anti-tank teammates and hid in a corner in a village while they shot all the enemies I could never see), but there's a pretty big modding community behind the game, and if you're willing to put in the time, there seems to be a pretty big amount of content out there to enjoy.

#3 Potarto, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
  4. TotalAaron

Honestly dont play pubby servers its just not worth it try and find a organised group using Advanced combat radio enviroment or ACRE for short because if you are not willing to use a headset to communicate you are just dead weight dont bother playing unless you have a headset

with spotting enemys its easy when you know where to look and have the appropiate settings 16-10 aspect ratio and 3d res at 150%

Also know your role there is nothing more infuriating than playing a combat map and having your FAC and CAS operaters using text chat :mad: or not even comunicating at all, an example is in a alibad town sweep our AT team of two decided to use up ammo on a technical a bloody unarmoured car.

so please use a headset please and at least try to know your role

good arma 2 mods

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12315

Fallugha a outstanding CQB map for your close quarter needs

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12155
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12158

Advanced combat enviroment 2 or ACE absoulutly neccesary to enjoy the game it adds so much stuff! make sure you install the ACE sound mod that comes with it

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16711

Allibad region great for town sweep and long range mechanised engagements its just so good :)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12465

Arma 2 in WW2! need any more!

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11339

As a i said before ACRE is just neccesary

and finally
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9448

Celle is just great just amazing mechanized combined operations, town sweep, insurgency, CAS FAC, regimental warfare its just great

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php
    Install NOW

ARMA 3 well i dont know i havent installed any mods for it yet

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

I loved Wasteland in Arma2. It's basically a Deathmatch-game, but it's open-world in a very large world, and you can find&sell weapons, or you can buy weapons. You can also find cars and buy equippment to fix them, you can team up with friends or Blufor/Opfor. Sometimes, I've seen them make massive bases with an unimaginable ammount of helicopters and tanks and different trucks. It's so great fun when the enemy detects your base and sends all their players in at once in huge trucks and pick-ups with turrets and everything just goes straight to hell as you and your team have to defend the base you've used so much effort to create.
    Wasteland is also pretty good in Arma3. It lacks the huge bases and stuff, but I've had some epic moments with friends, being pinned by snipers on a rooftop or escaping from a gunner-helicopter in a pick-up and firing back at it with the .50 cal on the back.

I also liked the Takistan Life in Arma2 a little bit, being a Terrorist. Me and two friends of mine geared up, then headed towards a city. We just massacred everything in our way; cars, civilians, cops... Then they sent in a SWAT team or something and we ended up having an epic battle until they defeated us :D

But Arma2 is very buggy and clunky compared to Arma3. Co-op mode in Arma3, where you cooperate with the whole server to go and seize areas and defeat the Opfor enemies... It's so darn fabulous. It feels so real, like looking at the video footage from a helmet-camera of a real soldier. Like being in the battle yourself.

Altis Domination: Invade & Annex is the gamemode called. You start off at the main airport as Blufor, where you open the Virtual Ammobox and gear up with whatever you prefer. But the clothing and armor is limited, so you can't exactly dress up like rambo or like the enemy. Weaponry is also a little limited. There are different player-slots on the server; Medic, Engineer, Anti-Tank soldier, Sniper, Pilot etc. You can only have a sniper when you're a sniper, and only have RPG when you're AT-soldier. You can fix vehicles only when you're an engineer and heal people only as medic and fly helicopters or jets only as a pilot. So everyone are standard-issued, not running around with snipers and rocket launchers in each their helicopter.

You're flown by the pilot, with many other soldiers, to just outside the vicinity of the area controlled by the enemy. The pilot can't land too close, because then he'd be shot down. Not too far either, 'cause then the soldiers waste time and energy on walking quite a distance. Once you've arrived at the destination, the snipers hang back and take out the immediate threats that are out in the open, whilst AT soldiers takes care of enemy vehicles or tanks. Optionally, you can request air-support from jets. Then you move in to defeat the enemy. Medics hangs in the back, so they are safest and can come up to you if you are injured and need reviving. The ammount of cooperation and tension and action and reality in this combat, is just so fabulously amazing.

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

7. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

The more you guys talk about this and how great of a game it is, the more eager I get in wanting to buy it; but, the only thing that holds me back is that my computer won't be able to handle it... To keep it simple, if my computer can handle MLL at a comfortable frame-rate, should Arma run just as good? If anyone cares to know, I have a 4870.

THANKSSS!! ;)

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

I think it's a miracle that my computer runs Arma3. The optimization of the game is unfortunately rediculously horrible. It requires a sick ammount of RAM, and it also eats out your processor.

But don't ask me if you can run it or not, because I have no idea about computer specs at all :rolleyes:
    What I find weird is that Last Light ran better on my previous computer. With the new motherboard, more RAM, better processor, better graphics card.... it lags horribly when there are many enemies and especially effects like fire. (using flamethrower for example). :noidea:

9. TotalAaron

If it could handle MLL then yes, most important parts are GPU and Ram

10. Skaara Dreadlocks

The new Campaign part is AWESOOOOME!!! I reeeeeally loved the intro, with the new jet flying over you and so much activity among soldiers talking around and going from station to station just like you. "Fucking snakes, man! They're everywhere!". Typical American soldiers :rolleyes:

There was one mission where I struggled, and that was because I didn't take the route that the developers expected me to take; I took another one, and was constantly gunned down no matter what I did. When I finally realized what was an obvious best route, and took that, it worked out easily perfectly.

Other than that, every other mission (Yet so far) has worked out absolutely great and I just love the scenery and voice acting and everything, it's absolutely amazing! :D

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

12. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Most likely. Won't stop a bunch of mod creators from bringing it to life anyways though.

13. Skaara Dreadlocks

I'm thinking it's not an april's fool, considering they are actually saying that it'll be released sometime this summer, and they've made some pretty damn detailed screenshots of the gokarts. I'm thinking the cheesy article about the go-kart DLC is the kind of half-hearted April's fool :p But I do believe they'll release it one way or another, considering all the fukd up stuff they've been doing lately:

[YOUTUBE]?v=cSAJdRpqltM&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]
    HHAAHAHHHAAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    [YOUTUBE]?annotation_id=annotation_787070023&feature=iv&src_vid=ewamnvdk6Xc&v=W_wn9rbHEGM[/YOUTUBE]

Also, the new Multiplayer mod, Zeus, is scheduled to be released the 10th of April!! :D I didn't expect it to be here so soon, so I'm really suddenly excited :D

14. TotalAaron

Look i despise ARMA 3 as it is now but the zues DLC if its what i think it is (3D in game editor) it will mean that my MP sessions are going to get ALOT better.

15. Skaara Dreadlocks

Zeus is out! It was released yesterday, and daaamn does it look neat!
    I had my friend over today, and he's always been very interested in Arma2 and Arma3's Editors. He has created some pretty unique missions in editor for him and me, but there's always been one and another problem, so he needs to quit the whole thing just to edit something small that yet is crucial.

We just checked out Zeus, which is a real-time in-game editor, and that is a major improvement and step towards the future for Arma3's editor, and not least for its multiplayer. Now I won't have to wait forever for him to make a mission; I can be on his server while he's actively creating it. And we won't have to exit the whole mission to edit or add something, he can just do it as Zeus. And yet, he doesn't even have to be Zeus all the time; he can easily take control of an AI and play along. I'm reeeeally looking forward to when Arma3 gets some major dedicated servers up with Zeus running properly and many players. It'll be so damn neat!

16. That remind me, I used to make movies in the Op. Flashpoint editor.

17. Skaara Dreadlocks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Fmvb8AI7KNc#t=2398
    ^Hahahahahaa, I died! :rofl:

So, the livestream of the fully released Zeus by the game developers is out. It livestreamed yesterday, but I missed it unfortunately. Fortunately, though, you can watch it on youtube. I was too impatient to watch through the whole thing, so I skipped forward and randomly ended up on a hilarious part of the video at 40:00, which I linked above.

[YOUTUBE]?feature=player_detailpage&v=Fmvb8AI7KNc[/YOUTUBE]

18. TotalAaron

Lol shacktac guys at their finest :D

Edit= i love you kevbo
    Edit 2= Dslyexi as well!!! (swoon)
    Edit 3= Jive too OH MY

#18 TotalAaron, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014