Areal

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by SeelySassage, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

This just keeps getting better and better.

2. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

:spit: No way, Putin himself!!
    It's kind of a bit hard to believe, but if it really was him who wrote the letter and donated $20K....man, then that's awesome. :D

3. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

This scam has now resorted to direct funding from their website, and calling anyone who asks a question on their twitter/facebook a kindergartener.

WHY are people still pledging to this?! $11k in one day! :derp:

4. [​IMG]

I should try that too.

Hey guys, I need money for things and stuff. I'm more decent than these assholes, so I'm saying upfront that all I can promise is to not spend it all in one place. My paypal is dj_xa4@mail.ru.

I don't expect $11k per day (Besides my transaction limits are $2.5k), but some spare change would be nice.

5. NuclearWastE3

Regular

:) Komodo, I would love to help you out, but unfortunately, I don't have my own Paypal account.

money orders are the only way to go with me, for now.

6. It's not the best option. I've tried a lot of different ways of getting and sending money in the past. Banks take a giant fee for each transaction, especially to a different bank, especially to a bank in a different country. Services like Western Union are better than banks, but they are still suited for large sums of money. If you send a couple USD you are likely to pay for the transaction more than you intended to send.

Services like Paypal seem to be the only realistic way. And now that it finally recognized RF as a real country, I can actually withdraw funds as opposed to blowing it all on steam or whatever.

7. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Stupid banks -_-
    This looks like the only use of a money order that comes out the cheapest when dealing with other countries.

8. Autumnal Wanderer

Autumnal Wanderer Level 28 Ranger

9. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

this does look more believable but it does seem like they promise a lot

10. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Professional website, but I don't believe it. It just looks like they ripped a lot of things from Stalker and called it "new." The first video wasn't appealing to me. It sound like Survarium is doing a much better job at this than "WestGames." This team has made a few new things, but most above-average-modders for Stalker could make the location area they that they've displayed. And the blue-artifact video? That just seems like a fancy screen-saver to me. It looks like a real project, but much more of a xerox of Survarium that anything else :/

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I think the fact that this dev is called "West-Games" (which is the exact opposite of Vostok Games) should be enough to make anyone think twice about everything these guys are saying. It's all one bad joke, but the worst part is that they're getting money from it.

12. NuclearWastE3

Regular

True, true. Also, the fact that they are one word away from being West End Games –the company that use to make role playing, war-like strategy board games in the early 70s- says something. I also didn't like the voice used to narrate the "gameplay" footage in the first video. The guy sounded very unsure of himself because, subconsciously, he knew that his pitch-speech was crummy and all he really wanted to do was swindle the audience.

13. Autumnal Wanderer

Autumnal Wanderer Level 28 Ranger

The strangest thing was during the Kickstarter campign when a main developer from Vostok Games joined to them. I have searched for this guy, and his name is Alexey Sytyanov he was a lead game degsiner at Vostok, and he appeared in the last Kickstarter update video back in summer. I won't support them at al, I would send all my money to MDT rather them. They game name choice is sooo suspicious for me, they know that the Stalker community would do anything for a new Stalker-kind open world fps. I just waiting a new Metro game, and the Survarium new gameplay mode.

14. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I am too, neither of these could come too early.

15. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, RIP Areal and West Games.