Are you still playing Elder Scrolls Online?

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online' started by wowtgp, Jan 13, 2015.

1. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

Elder Scrolls Online is one of those rare MMOs that will keep you hooked for a long time despite its flaws in some areas. After playing it for more than a year, though., it feels like I am trying so hard to keep playing this game. I think, I should give it a break now. This is it. I am going to play something else for the time being.

What are you going to do? Are you still playing Elder Scrolls Online or have you moved on?

2. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have enjoyed playing the game, and at times it feels too long as there are a lot of side quests in the game and feel like you get distracted from these quests from the story. I play it sometimes and have enjoyed it, but try and play Dragon age origins which has 3 companions at a time and feel like a team and uniting the country against the common enemy and helping others as well. I may get back to Elder scrolls when I have free time otherwise will not play it that much.

3. fliktor7

fliktor7 Well-Known Member

I've played Elder Scrolls a lot, but not the mmorgp, I was in Skyrim xD

In my case, I'm on the other side, I'm interested in playing Elder Scrolls online, I'm just waiting for it to become intro free to play xD

Maybe that won't never happen, who knows, I'm not hurry, for now I'll play archeage x)

4. Setari

Setari Member

I'm also on the other side of the coin in that I'm kind of waiting for it to go free-to-play, but I would sub to it right now if I had the money. I was in the beta and it was really fun until I found out they didn't run the beta constantly and wiped everything every time. It gave no chance for progression and to test higher level stuff, so I only played the first beta and that was it. I did end up subbing for a few months when it released, but the community is... not good in my opinion.

I joined a guild who was extremely unhelpful besides the fact that there were over 100 members, and over 50 on at any given time, and nobody would help me with anything. I think I was in my 20's-ish before I hit a wall where I could not progress without help, even after completing additional bonus objectives to level. And no one would help after repeated asking. I joined several guilds on that character and maybe only got help twice with various things. I think I made it to 29 and then I quit.

This game with it's community, off mechanics, and sub fees is definitely going to go down the drain and go F2P, and I think the developers are going to stop supporting it after a couple years and let it die, unfortunately. Like I said, I would play again to see if it's better, but it's not in my budget right now.

5. Refreshes

Refreshes Member

I haven't played ESO since the beta.. Mainly because I don't want to pay the monthly membership and I'm honestly not that impressed with the game itself. What's new about it so far?

6. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

I have been playing it for a very long time and I can tell yo that there is nothing new so far. Yes, they have ironed out most of the bugs and have added some more content, but that's about it.

7. Lucas

Lucas Active Member
    Regular

Same here. I love TES series but I was disappointed after playing closed beta. It was like.. poor Skyrim with different story, different mechanics and all that stuff. I know that I can't compare multiplayer game to pure singleplayer game but.. they could do it better I suppose.

8. joshua minaya

joshua minaya Active Member

I still play it online however not as regular as i used to play it in the past. Though it often takes a long time to play but i think i always enjoyed the experience.

9. celinejulietdcosta

celinejulietdcosta Well-Known Member

I have been playing it since a long time and I absolutely love it. It is one of the best featureured game.

10. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Nah. I stopped playing this game for months now. There are too many games released this past few months. I want to play other games beside this.

11. Sam

Sam Member

I beta tested the game and it didn't run well on my computer, unfortunately.
    Also, I didn't enjoy how the combat works in the game. This game doesn't feel like Skyrim, so that's probably why I didn't enjoy it.

12. Nolan Watt

Nolan Watt Well-Known Member

I think it is too big for it's breeches.

13. Christian46

Christian46 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can't justify paying a monthly fee for a game that I've heard very few good things about. Maybe if it became F2P I'd give it a shot, but until then, I'll keep my money.

14. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's my favorite game in the whole wide world! - Said no one ever.

15. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 Well-Known Member

I think there are many more people who play thanks to B2P, and even more will join in the console versions. But most of them won't stay for long time;finish the story, fiddle around in PvP like I did, and that's it. Maybe reroll with another faction, if we didn't get enough of the questing. ESO is not a game which you can really play continouosly like WoW or FFXIV.

16. Samu Zadori

Samu Zadori Member

I'm still playing ESO, mainly for three reasons. First of all, I think ESO is still the best MMO on the market, thanks to its semi-skill-based combat. Seconldy, the Craglorn content is awesome, me and my guild do trials almost every day. Lastly, I've promised myself to keep playing until I get crowned Emperor :D

17. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've gotten bored of it lately (and distracted {f-f-f..}) so I've stopped playing for the time being. Maybe till they release another expansion or something.

18. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have not played the game yet. But I am still curios about it. I`m still waiting for it to, inevitably, go free to play sometimes in the years to come.

19. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member
    Regular

To be honest, I've never even played it. I've been a fan of Skyrim, and when I heard the next game from Bethesda is coming out, I was so excited. Then I found out the developers of Skyrim (and the other games prior to this) were not working on ESO, and lots of reviews online say it's just a generic MMORPG with an Elder Scrolls painjob. So I never touched it, I really didn't want my experience of the Elder Scrolls games to be ruined by this... well to be honest, filler of a game, until ES 6 will be released some time in the next 5 years or so.

20. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

ESO is not that bad really. If you like World of Warcraft, you will definitely like ESO, since it is the same basic, easy to pick up, concept, only in the world of the Elder Scrolls. And they also have most of Tamriel covered in the game.