Quantcast

Are you getting Persona 5 on PS3 or PS4?

Discussion in 'Persona 5 Royal' started by niightwind, Jul 21, 2015.

1. niightwind

niightwind Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sad that the game is only coming out on these two consoles actually, because I don't own either of them. I'd have preferred it be released on Vita. :p But oh well.

I was really tempted to go with PS3 because it is so much cheaper, but because the console is probably gonna be going obsolete and I'm more likely to have games I want being released on the PS4 only in the future, I've decided to save up for that. Unfortunately that also means I might not get to play right on the release date, which really sucks... But it'll be worth it even if I have to wait. I'm so excited for this game.

What about you guys, which console are you getting it for?

2. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I'm still waiting to see what other features the game will have before I decide to buy. I'm kinda hoping they go the P3P route and have both a male and female character since it was the main reason I chose to get that game rather than the original version. As for the console, I think I would rather get it for the PS3 since there are other games on that system that I want, not to mention the new Disaster Report game that is finally coming out supposedly later this year.

3. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member Regular

Ps4 would be the best bet for me since it should be the best version of the game taking advantage of the system's hardware. Also, the news of a new Disaster Report game has brought a huge smile to my face. I thought that game series was dead for sure after they announced its cancellation back in 2011.

4. generalthrax

generalthrax Member

I actually don't think the game will have male and female choices from the videos. But I still really want to play it . I'm definitely going to get it for PS4, I want the game to look as good as possible.

5. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

I'm going with PS3, merely because I have no PS4. If I had a PS4, I would certainly get it for PS4. It's gonna be the superior version, though the difference between 720p 30FPS and 1080p 60FPS barely matters for a turn-based jRPG.

6. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

PS4 of course. But deep inside me I'm hoping that somehow Atlus realizes that PC is a thing. I really want to play this game at the highest quality possibile. :p

7. ProNine

ProNine Well-Known Member Regular

Sadly, I own neither systems so I can't buy the game. However, I am really anticipating its release, and I might end up buying a PS4 to play the game. Although, just like Ishmael said, I really wish they release it onto the PC but that's highly unlikely.

8. sofia_sky

sofia_sky Member Regular

Getting it for PS4. Bloodborne was the main reason I bought the console, and now since I have a PS4, might as well get P5 for it! Can't wait for that game to come out. 2016 will be the year of JRPGs :)

9. SolaNova

SolaNova Well-Known Member Regular

Probably PS3. Im not to concerned about the PS3 version being a sub-par version compared to the PS4. Remember Persona 4 was released toward the very end of the Playstation 2 shelf life. I remember at the GAME store nearest to me the PS2 section was just brand new copies of Persona 4.

If I luck in to some money then I will get a PS4 and the PS4 version. But Im happy with getting the PS3 version and will probably stump up extra for the inevitable collectors edition steelbook as well.