Quantcast

Are you expecting any delays?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by troutski, May 4, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

Of course, the game has already been delayed once into late-2015. Do you think that Ubisoft will delay the game further, as has happened with so many other AAA titles lately? I wouldn't be surprised if the game was moved to early 2016, to be honest.

2. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

3. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Well-Known Member

That's Ubisoft's marching order in a nutshell. They've delayed almost every IP they have with the exception of the Assassin Creed games and the FarCry games. Watch Dogs, The Crew, The Division, Rainbow Six Siege, ect. They all had at least 1 delay attached to them.

4. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

I think we've all come to expect dates to get pushed back these days. Gone are the days when a publisher gives us a day and you can expect them to follow through on it.

5. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Well-Known Member

I'm calling this one right now. They say it's pushed back to Q1 2016. But I'm saying it won't come out until Q3 or Q4. They're going to try to maximize either the summer sales or the holiday sales.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I think they're going to delay it even more than that, but I hope it's all worth it and they get a good release. So many glitchy releases from Ubisoft in the past, it's time they do justice to themselves.

7. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member Regular

I'd rather they delay the release of the game than put out an incomplete product. So hopefully, they do delay it until it's actually a finished product. I just read on the website that the game is actually being produced by 4 different Ubisoft studios, whether that is common practice, I don't know. However, that makes me wary, especially since I didn't love the multiplayer in Assassins Creed II and Splinter Cell Pandora tomorrow (the same Ubisoft studio is working on The Division).

8. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

I don't think it's all that uncommon for multiple studios to work on the same game anymore, though I suppose the fact that they're Ubisoft-specific studios might be a little more jarring. I'll take an optimistic tone and hope that they're just trying to make the game as good as humanly possible.

Although... there is that horrifying video about Too Many Cooks...

Fozz likes this.
  9. FuZyOn

I think it's good to hear that they're putting more than one studio to work on it. I guess, there's no reason the game will be bad because of it so we can only look forward to the release and see what they accomplished.

10. Amazon XD

Amazon XD Member

If I had to bet on it, it'll be a late Spring 2016 or mid-summer 2016 at the latest. At this rate, they can't afford to push it back to holiday 2016.

11. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member Regular

No, not with all the competition. It doesn't matter how good of a game they make, the holiday season will give the most completion and end up with them not doing as well as they potentially could. People might end up just getting bored of waiting.

12. FuZyOn

I don't think they can afford to extend the launch date too long, people are already impatient. A lot of pre-orderers were really mad when they heard about the delay, I think they would lose their sanity if the game is delayed by nearly 1 year.

13. Codygr89

Codygr89 Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think it should be delayed even further than Q1. Is there even any word about open beta?

It needs to have an open beta then a hard reset before release imo.

14. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

I've mentioned this before but a delay is very costly for a game company.

They don't want to delay it any more than they need to, because you need a released game to make money. I think any delays will only benefit us in the long run, because there would have to be a really good reason with serious financial impact to push it back even further.

They won't do it just to annoy the people who are looking forward to the game.

15. Codygr89

Codygr89 Member

They have presales for this reason. Take Diablo 3 for instance. It made MOST of its money from presales. Generate enough hype and the sales will boom, rush the game release and watch as people expect refunds (which most companies will give) for a crappy rushed game.

I personally I'm happy to wait, they should allow people who do preorders to beta test though, thats my opinion.

16. Cyborg Superman

You're right about pre-ordering and why getting the hype up for a game is important.

If you did pre-order the game (through a participating retailer), you do get early beta access [source]. Xbox One users will get first crack at it, and then the other platforms in early 2016. So your opinion is in line with Ubisoft's thinking. :)

17. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Last statement was that they're releasing the game during march 2016, right? Maybe it'll be delayed, but then again I don't remember if Ubisoft has anything else to release during those months so I think the release date is not going to change.

18. Cyborg Superman

Yes it's currently slated for March 8, 2016 according to Ubisoft's press conference at E3. Whether it gets delayed again or not is subject to a lot of debate. Ultimately, I just hope they release it when it's ready and in a playable state. I still expect a day 1 patch, as it's become the norm with AAA games, but I'm cool with that.

19. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member Regular

They should just quit setting dates then until they know for absolute certain when they'll be able to release it.

20. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

Delays are normally a good thing for AAA titles. I'm not the 'usual' impatient gamer who whines and rants about delays. I'm sure there are more things in life than a video game that need to get more development time.