Are you an introvert, extrovert or an ambivert?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by thecorinthian, Jun 21, 2016.

1. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

Do you like going out or staying in? Does the idea of meeting up with friends and having a drink excite you? We're all primarily gamers here and I've noticed most gamers are introverts butwhen it comes to gaming they're very extroverted and play with a lot of people, are quite active in guilds and what not. I'm personally an extrovert in real life and like PvE more than anything and I pretty much game alone as an escape from real people. LOL

2. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Depends on what phase or mood I'm in. Usually I just do one until I get sick of it then go extreme on the other. I'm the same way with my MOBA and mmo games though. As much as I like playing with friends on other games like fighting games for these genres I tend to keep it to myself as I like to use it as a break from my irl friends.

3. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Member
    Regular

I am shy and don't have a lot of social self confidence, so that causes me to appear like an introvert. But once I make friends with someone, I am an extrovert with them. So, I am not quite sure what that makes me exactly.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

For the most part I'm an introvert, I like to keep to myself but I don't mind the usuall small talk. Lately I've been outgoing more but that has taken a toll on my anxiety level, it feels pretty overwhelming.

5. abonnen

abonnen Member
    Regular

I am an introvert, but with saying that I do like being adventurous. I like to go out and do things but only with a select few of people, but my home is my safe place. I have a lot of anxiety so I like to be home alot and I also work from home.

6. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I cut across both depending on the situation and my frame of mind at that very moment. When it comes to going out meeting friends, having a cool time with them I'd say I'm an expert. I'm a little reserve with the opposite sex at times but if I mean issues it changes totally.

7. ptahm22

ptahm22 Active Member
    Regular

I'm a lone gamer and it worries me alot. The main reason I play games is because I have no friends to go out with most of the time. Sometimes, I find it difficult to connect with people unless we are playing games together. I really would love being social but that doesn't erase the fact that am an introvert.

8. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have discovered that to make friends you just have to learn to be first confident in yourself, give yourself a superior nature. Just learn to start conversations with others for a length of time. Involve others in discussions you find to interest them. Always leave a positive impression with people. Not long they'll start having interest in you

9. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have a couple of friends here and there but for the most pat I'm an introvert and I tend to like keeping to myself for a while.

10. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

I used to get excited about going out with friends and having some drinks and stuff like that. But recently I figured I wanted to just stay at home, if friends would want to see me they can visit me any time of the day but I really hate going out now, maybe because I'm too lazy or I just do not like meeting new people nowadays.

11. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have also come to enjoy staying at home more than just visiting friends especially were nothing so important is at stake. This doesn't make me an introvert but rather one that's trying to make more meaningful use of my time

12. Blader70

Regular

Yeah, I can relate to you. There are times where I want to go out to social events and times I just want a bit of me time to chill.

Working Buck likes this.
  13. Working Buck

Regular

the problem with me is I really do not like to socialize anymore, I do not know if it's a disorder that I have. I mean, I used to sell anything to a lot of people that I do not know which needed a ton of interaction with others, but ever since I stopped my selling business, I just wanted to sleep all day or just either watch movies or play video games.

14. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm very talkative then, I've always been outgoing by nature. I love talking to everyone, even with people I don't know yet.

15. Blader70

Regular

I get you, I prefer to do the same for most days. I think its just the fact that I just can't connect with some people on a huge level to where they really get me.

Working Buck likes this.
  16. Working Buck

Regular

I think I get what you mean about the getting connected part. Ever since I started doing business and have been spending most of my time with people in sales or anything associated with business, I always get bored talking to people who won't stop talking about stuff that just normally happens every day. Maybe because I got used to talking to people who always talk about what they want to do in the future and stuff like that.

Blader70 likes this.
  17. Blader70

Regular

Yeah, I feel you on that. It helps bring some common ground to the conversation.