Anyone excited about Everquest Next?

Discussion in 'Everquest Next' started by Lokita, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

Perhaps yeah. I might actually invest on it by the money I've made online. I don't know if there will be some kind of new system to it, that will be interesting.

2. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm still waiting for it yes. I have access to Ever QUest landmark, which is the minecraft style sandbox builder that is being used for EQ Next. It has the possibility of being a good game, but the combat system in landmark isn't as good as an actual MMO. I am hoping this isn't the final product for EQ Next combat.

3. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

If they made it different though, that could be something interesting. You know like Guild Wars 2 was so different from Guild Wars and it was actually worth while.

4. Athilea

Athilea Well-Known Member

I'm curious to see how it comes out. Unless I start making a lot more money and get some extra time on my hands, though, I don't know that I'll be able to play it. It looks interesting, though. I also really like how the Dark Elves look. They are fantastic. It's a unique style and I really want to role play as one.

5. AmenoKaji

Regular

Hmm I guess. but I am in the camp of people that liked Guild Wars more than Guild Wars 2. Guild Wars 2 to me felt like WoW light, and it felt like it lost everything that Guild Wars had as a system for its first game. But EQ Landmarks combat, if that's the system being used for EQ NExt, is too light. It's missing a lot. I hope they plan to expand on it because what's there right now is not enough.

6. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

It's nothing like WoW though. Guild Wars 2 has a different gaming system, completely different than all MMORPG games.

7. AmenoKaji

Regular

Eh not really, it's not completely different than all other MMORPGs, not from what I played. I have played a l ot of MMOs and Guild Wars 1 at least felt unique to me.

8. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

If you actually played Guild Wars 2, you would see what I'm talking about. I can see that you haven't.

9. AmenoKaji

Regular

I have, and I didn't find it original in anyway lol but that's my opinion :)

10. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

That doesn't make sense because it's not an opinion, it's based on fact where the PVE and PVP system is different. Questing system went out of the ordinary and is no longer like other MMORPG's. I respect your opinion, but I would appreciate an opinion that doesn't involve facts. You said it wasn't original in any way, nobody whoever played Guild Wars 2, even those who hated it, thought that ever. I honestly doubt if you played it.

11. Athilea

It's true enough. There aren't really quests in the game the way there are in WoW. You are looking more for events happening around different areas to participate in. Aside from that, you have your personal story line that can differ a little from other people depending on how you initially started the character. I'm really not seeing how you view GW2 as being WoW light. The combat system isn't even remotely the same either.

12. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

I know right. I just think he didn't actually play it. No offence but it's obvious..

13. Athilea

It's hard to tell. Maybe he did, but got a way different impression from the game then we did. It does happen.

14. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but it doesn't make sense to say it's no different from WoW and other MMORPG's, I mean sure, it is an MMORPG and is built around the same concept, but the systems and mechanisms are completely different.

15. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

It has a chance to bring some revolutionary gameplay.. but I think they are having a lot of tech issues at this point pulling off some of the more innovative stuff. Seems pretty cool, but I am not a huge fan of player created content other than customization of your own property. I fear the world will get filled up with ugly and out-of-place graphics pretty quickly.

16. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

I guess that makes sense.