Anyone excited about Everquest Next?

Discussion in 'Everquest Next' started by Lokita, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Lokita

Lokita New Member

I am a huge Eq2 fan however I have been playing Rift because I got bored. It seems some aspects of Everquest Next will be similar to Rift. I am so excited to play EQ Next as I am bored with Rift. Is anyone else excited?

2. OmarFW

OmarFW Well-Known Member
    Regular

YES! Absolutely yes. I must admit I have never played the other EQ games because they seemed generic and uninteresting, but Everquest Next seems so revolutionary on paper. These are the big appealing factors for me.

1. The entire world will be DESTRUCTIBLE, minecraft style. You will be able to build your own homes, structures, castles etc with Everquest Landmark (the sister building program to the game) and place them into land that you own in the game, and this will public to everyone, not instanced or cut off from the rest of the world. That is amazing on it's own.

2. You'll also be able to sell your creations on a marketplace and you get royalties for everyone who copies/uses it.

3. The soundtrack is being done by Jeremy Soule. He did the Elder Scrolls games and Guild Wars 2 among many others. He's the John Williams of video games.

It's a mash-up of Everquest, Minecraft and Second Life. I cannot wait to try it out. The world will be almost entirely player built.

3. 4justice

4justice Well-Known Member

I'll be all over EverQuest Next when they make that PS4 version. To be clear, I liked all the Everquest games. That includes Everquest online adventures for the PS2 back in the day.

I just hope Sony give it the same love and devotion they've been giving Planetside 2 lately

4. athenos

athenos Well-Known Member

Yes, the graphics look stunning. And I agree, this could be a flagship title in these next few years if it's handled the right way.

5. 4justice

4justice Well-Known Member

For it to be a flagship title, Sony will have to market it like never before. But one thing they MIGHT have to their advantage is nostalgia. Everquest is remembered as "world of warcraft" BEFORE World of Warcraft existed.

So while it's not impossible for them to bring back that kind of flare to the series, it won't be easy.

6. gats

gats Well-Known Member
    Regular

I was a fan of the first Everquest, so I will be sure to at least try out this one. Everquest 2 was a bit of a disappoint for me so hopefully they fixed this one.

7. Rocketman

Rocketman Well-Known Member

I am kind of excited. I want to see how this whole destructible terrain thing plays out. It certainly is a fresh concept and I hope it doesn't end up just being a gimmick.

8. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I can wait their are a lot of other PC games that I want to play that I still have not bought so I would say EQ Next is probably slightly above the middle of my list I would think.

9. kungfujoe94

kungfujoe94 Member

Totally excited about this one. I liked all of the EQ's and I was a Second Life fiend, for a while. I like building in the Sims. Yeah, I have to have this.

10. toms1

toms1 New Member

I'm incredibly hyped for this one. I used to play (too much) Everquest 2 back in its glory days. I feel like the latest patches and expansions have completely butchered the old school feeling of the game, and they've pushed it a little more in to the WoW era. It's a shame really, why do all these companies aspire to be like Blizzard when World of Warcraft is clearly a dying game? The subscriber figures have been dropping continuously for a long time now.

11. Tolon28

Tolon28 Member

I am very interested in how this game turns out and will most definitely be playing it. The game seems to be taking a whole turn in how traditional MMORPGs work and operate. The promises about a dynamic world and player made buildings/areas is really intriguing and I hope to be a part of it.

12. sidd230

sidd230 Well-Known Member

If they deliver at least 50% of what they are promising, this could be really great. Really really great. They could also really, really fuck this up. I am really afraid that they might realize that they are not able to deliver (or just told us a lot of bullshit) and then just make another WoW with some cool gimmicks.

13. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

Very exited about EQ Next! If they implement all the cool features that they showed us during tech demos and presentations, it will be totally awesome. People will flock to this game and I bet it will be a potential WoW killer.

14. Obskyra

Obskyra New Member

It has all the right potential. I just hope it doesn't take forever to actually release. Plus, I know games are all going this way now anyway but I hope the free to play model isn't completely locked up and dependent on the item store.

15. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

I'm excited because they said they were taking a page out of star wars galaxies book and we all know how awesome star wars galaxies was.

16. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

As an Everquest fan, I must say I am pretty much ready for this game. But what I really want is for the PS4 version to get up and running. Nothing against the PC, but I really want to try this on my PS4 now.

I say this based off the fun I'm having with FF14 on it.

17. greensat

greensat Active Member

Everquest would be amazing if the game is even 70 percent of what the developers are preaching to advertise their game. All the aspects of the game seem to be greatly hyped and I can not wait to try it out myself.

18. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

Every game is perfect before it is released. I´ve grown skeptical over the years from listening to devs talk about things they want to do. Next is offering a lot of innovative things that are technically very challenging.. not sure they can pull it off in a MMORPG

19. fliktor7

fliktor7 Well-Known Member

I never played the first Everquest, but I know a lot of people who did it.

So I don't know too much about the franchise, but the gameplays that I saw about this new game look great, so yes, I'm a bit excited about it, especially if it comes out with a f2p model x)

20. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

Yes, it's going to come out with F2P model. There is nothing to worry about. The only thing I am concerned about right now is when it's going to come out. There is no time frame for it as of now.