Anybody playing Day Z?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Luster, Jun 1, 2012.

1. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

thanks for the link man.

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

Yet another DayZ log of mine, as I am too lazy to ever get a recording program. Though this time around, it was awesome!

I spawned at the motocross-area in the Lingor Island map with only a Silenced M9 Beretta. I found a helicopter, but it was completely wrecked. Walked to the coast and found a fishing boat, but that lacked fuel. Eventually, I found an ATV and fixed it and refueled it. I drove up to FOB Eddie (The airfield), where I found a Camouflaged M4 with a Grenade Launcher and Holo Sights, as well as the biggest backpack and lots of food and drink.

After this, I drove up on the east-side behind the little hill-side that is East of the Prison, and parked the ATV there before I went down to the prison. I was soon discovered by one or two snipers (Hard to tell) who began shooting after me. They wasted a ton of ammo, but didn't even hit me once. I thought they were just warning me to back off, and so I did. They scared me enough to drive all the way down to San Isabel, further East. Then the server restarted, and the ATV was gone. In this village, I found myself an M24 Sniper Rifle and decided to pay the sniper-guys a little visit.

I've been watching a lot of Frankie's DayZ adventures on youtube lately, and today I chose to copy his strategy to try it out. So instead of taking the short way to them, I walked North, and followed the Northern coastline towards the West. I was now North of the Prison, and slowly engaging on them, crawling Southwards to the top of the hill. I slowly crawled downwards, now over-looking the whole Prison from the top of the hill. Suddenly, I spot the guy. He's crouched, aiming down at the Prison with a DMR sniper rifle, with a bush between him and the prison. I move a little to the side to get a better aim at him, when I suddenly notice there's another one to his right, doing the exact same as he is. So, I decide to change to my Grenade Launcher to try it out for once. I had never practiced with it in DayZ, so I was totally unfamiliar with the aim it used. I could've shot straight into the ground and blown myself up.

Right before I was about to shoot, a Ghillie guy just suddenly appears between them as he gets up. He was completely invisible when proning. He runs off, but I fire the grenade at the two civilian-clothed guys anyway. Luckily enough, I managed to use the aim correctly. *Thump* ... *BOOM*. One guy dead, two more to go. With my pulse up in my throat and my veins exploding and my whole chest pounding like a machine gun, I run a little bit North-West and change to my Sniper Rifle. I lie there for quite some time and try to spot the Ghillie suit, but I can't see him anywhere. Suddenly there are AK shots ten meters in front of me. It's the Ghillie guy shooting towards the prison, and luckily not at me. I crouch up, and pull off a sniper shot right in his head. Two dead, one more to go. I pull back a little to be on the safe side, and wait for a looong while.

meanwhile, I'm chatting in the side-chat with the two guys I killed. Stupid enough, I ask if there was a third guy, but they say no. I sort of believe them, but not completely, so I'm still very cautious as I crawl towards the first one of the two dead bodies. It's the guy with the DMR that I had blown up with the Grenade Launcher. Quickly, and very very very foolishly, I lay down the game to check out DayZ's Wikia and find out wether I should swap the M24 for the DMR or not. Eventually, with the slow internetbrowser, I find out that that would be silly. When I come back into the game, I see the screen that says "YOU ARE DEAD". Damnit. I asked about it in side-chat, and according to them, I had appareantly crawled past the third guy, and he had killed me.

I guess that's what you get when being so stupid to actually go out there and loot the bodies, and THEN lay down the game for half a minute. 'Twas very fun nonetheless, and I felt pretty proud, as these guys were clan-mates, and this was the first time ever that I did something like this. I regret nothing! :D Here's a roughly drawn map of my journey:

[​IMG]

3. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Ok, public Chernarus server with a bit of vehicles for everyone, and friendly admins/me :D
    DayZ Chernarus - 1.7.4.4 - (Regular|3D:ON|CH:ON) - (UTC-6) - Shadow Company
    94.242.232.42:2362

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

So, according to the news about DayZ standalone, there's going to be character appearances, which I find very lovely, and then there's also going to be GAS MASKS! :D
    [YOUTUBE]?v=x_SKBJaJBcI[/YOUTUBE]

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

DAMNIT, PEOPLE, GAS MASKS!

All of you:
    [​IMG]

6. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

Hey I've got that same gas mask!

Also I don't see the point in gas masks in a zombie survival game but what ever.

7. Skaara Dreadlocks

True that, Although DayZ has really become a survivor VS survivor game. I was friendly in the beginning, but even I have eventually turned out by being hostile immediately when meeting someone, no questions asked. The risk by checking if they're friendly or not is too high, as they're almost always hostile. So, my point being, if they added possible tear gas or whatever like that....... Meh, I guess you're right; pretty damn useless. But still, it'll look freaking awesome! :D

8. Shurfire

If my computer could run DayZ me and my cousins would try to team up with Frankieonpc with helping new players. I wanted to create the Bambi Rescue Squad and help players by giving them supplies. I've seen Frankie open a gun shop after him and his friend kill some hackers and takes their shit. They drop a ton of guns in the electro church and go around on a bus and pick up every player in the server and they take them there and go on a road trip.

9. Skaara Dreadlocks

Yeah, I've seen all the episodes. A true DayZ hero, that guy :D But how exactly were you planning on contacting him? Would that even be possible, lol?

10. Shurfire

Youtube inbox or something. I remember I saw a clan of like 15 guys stop some random dude in the forest. They had the guy go prone and one of them went behind him and crouched, pointed his gun into the air and said "Look at me I'm a big game hunter!" then they took the guy to the road and he said he has over 5 guys in the bushes going to kill them if they kill him. They execute him and the next thing you see is one of the clan memebers dropping and bullets flying from the bushes. THey kill the attackers but 4 of them died.

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

Good luck with that. All his videos are bunched with comments, why would he notice exactly yours? He'd probably never even see it :p

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Actually, I had a nerdgasM all over that vid, I just forgot to comment about it.
    Every collector has it! The GP-5 is the most common and easy to obtain gas mask in the world. :p Well, not everyone...

Funny fact: I have two gas masks, but I don't have the GP-5. :lol: Technically, I own one since I won it in the contest on the forum - but I'll probably never get it. THQ didn't ship to Europe and now they're gone... SEE THAT CONNECTION?! IT'S KARMA!!! :sad:

13. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I need some people to play later tonight, if anyone's down, message me on Steam. I am in need of a mentor :D

14. Skaara Dreadlocks

*Four days later*
    You still up for it, perhaps tomorrow?

15. brynje

brynje Well-Known Member

Yes I play it.. and have own server :E

16. Skaara Dreadlocks

Wanna team up sometime? Does your server have any players, and what map is it?

17. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

used to play it till i joined shacktactical

18. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

I'll just hope state of decay gets co-op and multiplayer

19. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Wait it dosent?

well i reinstalled DAYZ if you guys want to hold a Metro last light forum game together :)

20. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

*six weeks later*

Hell yeah!