Anybody playing Day Z?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Luster, Jun 1, 2012.

1. New patch broke quite a bit. Everyone lost their camo suits and wearing a new one will teleport one into the ocean with a ten minute swim to the shore + losing all items aside from the tool belt.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I'll avoid playing till they fix that.

[​IMG]

2. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

i was just wondering where my camo clothes ended up...

3. Mr_Timma

Mr_Timma Well-Known Member

I want to play this so bad but dont have any money for the 2 games you need to buy

4. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

same here, but I just got all four Assasin's Creed (ps3 version) so will have to wait a bit longer.

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

I, my friend, my brother and his friend have been playing DayZ the last two weeks. We've died several times, and had trouble finding each other, but in the end, we've gotten hold of new equippment and found each other again. That's mainly what the game is about anyway, isn't it? :D I've gotten a really good impression of the game so far, apart from a few bugs here and there, but the mod isn't even finished, so... I could write a block of text about all the hilarious and nerve-breaking situations we've been in, but I'm too lazy to write it, and you are too lazy to read it ;)

6. AltairArtyom

AltairArtyom Well-Known Member

yeah, search another server, that one does't restarts the resources, as i can see

7. AltairArtyom

AltairArtyom Well-Known Member

yeah, i just saw some youtube videos about that, but all the servers won't work, just the ones that say something like "NO CD CHECK" or something, that's all I could see... but it works XD. If you get it cracked, send me an MP saying wich server are you at, and I'll enter there. I'm planning to get it for this weekend, or maybe after it

8. Just get the Cheapskate Edition.

9. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

*bump*

What do you guys think of WarZ?

10. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Damn, so tempted to get this, but I really should work on my portfolio and skills... job comes first, then games. :D

11. That it sucks.

12. Skaara Dreadlocks

I travelled from a little castle named Zub to North-west of Zelenogorsk where I waited for my friend to get there from the coastline, heal my brother in the supermarket with medical supplies, then get him outta there. I just waited for that because I lacked the medical supplies to save my brother.

On his way from the coastline, my friend found an awesome red motorbike with flames on it, lots of fuel and a spare tire. He drove up to the supermarket, healed my brother and drove them both up to me. We've now put up a tent and a fireplace in the edge of the forest just North-west of Zelenogorsk and live on water from the big pond which is very close to our camp, and animals like pigs and cows. Now that we've finally settled down and relaxed with a tent, a vehicle, shitloads of food and water, and badass guns, we've lost interest and haven't played for three or four weeks, haha.

13. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Just got Arma II: Combined Ops yesterday, but I'm in school now, so won't be able to play before 4 o'clock CET. Anyone who wanna play DayZ, add CptHomer on steam :D

14. Skaara Dreadlocks

Tried out Lingor Island for DayZ yesterday with a schoolmate of mine that we call HK.
    The environments are of jungle forests, which I find really cool. It's good with some environmental change from the boring Chernarus for once. Also, you can enter almost every building in the whole map! I and my friend had each our sniper and hid on each our rooftop in a village when we heard someone shooting just outside it. We scouted around with our scopes for a while until I finally spotted him. A guy with a Lee Enfield was running towards the village. I wanted to wait with sniping him until he stood completely still, so I could get a good shot at his head, but he was about to disappear behind a building, so I shot him once in the stomach. He stopped and backed up, and we both opened fire. Two very loud snipers going BOM BOM BOM BOM forever and ever. 'Twas awesome. You could see the plood poor out everywhere on his body, from many bulletholes. We hit him at least three times each with two powerful snipers, yet he managed to run behind the hill and disconnect before he died. Very strange.

I ran to the house behind the little hill to find him, while HK covered me with his sniper. He instantly got killed. Sniped from the left, straight at his brains. I met another guy with a bandit-model at the house, who was friendly. Probably because he didn't have any weapon. He began talking about how he had been sniped after by some other dude, then suddenly we're being sniped at from nowhere. None of the shots hit us, so we ran inside the house, up onto the balcony. The missing sniperfire disappeared after a while, and he was like "Dude, he's gone, you can stand up and calm down now". So I did, and I stood there for a little while until suddenly there was a PFSCHT sound, and the concrete just exploded RIGHT beside my head, lol. After that, I didn't see anything more from the sniper.

Another thing. I was at the airport on the roof of a tower when a chopper arrived and landed on the runway a lot of zombies ran over and attacked the chopper, but surprisingly enough, they just stood there without doing anything. I had an AKM at the moment, so I got up and sprayed a whole lotta bullets at a person I could see sitting insie the chopper. Nothing happened to him although I wasted 15 bullets. Then they took off and began firing after me with a turret or something, just barely missing me.

After that, I went north-east to a prison with four Military barracks. After being there, I now have a Glock with four mags, a camouflaged M4 with Red Dot and Silencer, with five mags. And a DMR sniper with three or four mags. When I log back on, I'll be going southbound to meet up with my friend who's at the southern airport. This game is just so freaking awesome! :D

15. Skaara Dreadlocks

I dunno if anyone is reading this, but oh well:

With all the last previously mentioned weaponary in my last post, I went south and met HK at the top of a hill, overlooking a big city. We both switched to each our hardcore snipers and just lay down and looked out over the city, expecting to see someone. Suddenly, HK is all like "Sh*t!". I look over at him, and there's a guy over him, chopping over his neck with a hatchet, instantly killing him. I automatically think that I cannot shoot him with a sniper at that range, but I would've actually been able to do that, when I think back to it. It took me a while to switch to my Glock, and I fired wildly without aiming, hitting him twice or thrice in the chest with a whole freaking magazine because he ran around me in circles, chopping here and there on me now and then.

I got up and attempted to get away from him, but he chopped me while I was doing the goddamn slow animation to get up, so I fell down again, and so he killed me. ONE guy with a freaking hatchet killed two hardcore snipers. That moment was just bitter.

We've had a lot of more awesome moments today, but I can't really remember them that well. Too much at once, really. Been playing straight out the whole day. We met each other again. HK was killed by a guy, then I killed the guy. HK respawned, found an AS-50 (Most hardcore sniper in the game), and ran towards me, but got killed again on the way there. He respawned and got there and he re-equipped himself with his old stuff that I had taken care of.

We found a Small Boat and a big Fishing Boat, and drove them north. We split up to find more fuel, and HK found a tractor. He drove over some guy in a city, and the guy's friends appareantly had snipers, machine guns and a helicopter. They were ALL shooting after HK with heavy machinegun-spraying, snipershots and heliturrets, but HK outdrove them all with a freaking tractor, haha.

I then met him, and we then met two guys who had a hippie-van and a UAZ. We drove the caravan north to a prison where we got some more badass guns, then I found a bus. So we were now four cars in one caravan; A hippie car, a tractor, a UAZ and a bus. Lmao. We drove a bit before I and HK split from them. I and HK had earlier found two cars dumped in the water, and was planning to push them out of the water with the bus.

But on the way, we found a UAZ and an ATV in a city, so we dumped our two previous vehicles and drove the two new ones. I managed to roll over the ATV, so I got in the passenger seat of the UAZ and we kept driving. It was pitch black by now. We got to a right curve with a small open area on the right of it, and a forest behind that again. On the left hand, though, there was a steep hill. HK was just suddenly out of nowhere insta-killed with a snipershot to the head. I selected "Get Out", but my character wouldn't go out and got bugged. I got shot in the arm because of that, and THEN got out. I was quickly losing a lot of blood, so I ran over to the treeline, bandaged myself, then layed there and waited for them to take the car.

I stared at the car for what felt like forever until it just suddenly started and began turning. They had somehow gotten into it without me seeing it. Nonetheless, I sprayed a whole mag towards the driver's seat and all over the car. The light from my AK blinded me completely. He backed up and managed to back out over the hillside xD He crashed with the back against a roadsign though, and was stuck there, with his headlights pointing directly at me. Suddenly someone were firing at me from my left, so I tried to get up. I barely catched a glimpse of a guy in a ghillie suit who fired some rifle at me so I fell and died. And that's the bitter end of our journey for today. :p

EDIT: Oh yes, I forgot to mention!

There was an office building with a main entrance pointing out towards South to an open field, and on the other side of the field, there was a treeline. There was also one entrance on the South side of the building and one on the North side. From the South side to the North side, there was a long hallway with many rooms on the Western wall of the building. Now, here's what happened: Me and HK were chilling in the tree line when suddenly a guy comes running towards the Southern entrance of the building. HK snipes after him, but misses by a mile. The guy luckily doesn't see us. I sneak over to a little shack very close to the building. Close enough so I can mic-chat with the poor victim while HK covers me with the sniper. He wants to snipe the guy, but he's hiding in one of the many rooms; a way too big risk to walk inside.

At first, I try to tell him that he scared me and that I want to be friendly. "If you just come out slowly, I won't shoot you", but he of course didn't bite on that. "I'm not going out there!". I say that I will slowly walk into the hallway with a pistol and not shoot him, but he says he'll shoot me if I do that. So, HK comes up with the great idea to drop my weapons in the shack. I tell the man this, then I begin walking towards the North entrance. While this is happening, and I'm keeping the man's focus on the North entrance, HK sneaks around and over to the South entrance. "Damn, this guy is going to blow my brains out, even though I'm unarmed" I thought to myself. It was a pretty dangerous risk to take. Nevertheless, he comes slowly out into the hallway and stops in front of me. "So, good, we're friends now", I'm saying. "Could ya give me a blood transfusion?". Just as he says that, I can see in the side of my screen that HK comes crouching around the corner at the South entrance, aiming down towards us with his sniper. *Bam bam bam bam* four times towards the guy. The bullets barely don't hit me, as the hallway is very small. The guy lays down and turns around towards HK, but is killed in the attempt. We laughed out loud so hard for so long. That was just plain epic, haha!

#35 Skaara Dreadlocks, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012
  16. Skaara Dreadlocks

You guys should absolutely see all the five episodes of this:
    [YOUTUBE]a15bVDJwPtE[/YOUTUBE]
    Hilarious and very entertaining, especially in the last episode! :D

17. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

I want DayZ so bad. But I'm not going to buy Arma II and those two DLCs just to play it for two reasons:

• I'm not a pc gamer
    • DayZ Standalone is coming out soon

I play xbox. While I really want DayZ Standalone when it comes out. I'm probably not going to get it because my computer is shit for gaming and I'm not going to buy a new computer for one game. But if you play PC, BUY DAYZ STANDALONE. If they sell over two million copies. They'll minecraft it. By this I mean they'll release an alpha or beta version of the game on consoles. Spread the love, buy the game.

18. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

You do know the average PC costs about 600 dollars. An xbox or ps3 costs about 300. That is about 900 dollars which can get you a monster PC and you would still have money left over for games and even gaming gear. Also I'm buying a gaming pc for Christmas off Craiglist. (Desperate people will sell anything good for a low price)

19. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

never in my lifetime will i sell my xbox. I know I said I wouldn't buy a pc for one game, but I'm seriously considered getting a pc just for dayz standalone. i'm kind of riding the fence here.

20. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

ArmA 2 requires a really good CPU if you want decent quality, which is really going to break the bank. Wait for the standalone game to come out because by then, the required computer parts will be much cheaper. If your budget is low, that is.

Refer to this picture for parts (remove space between .com and albums, it's too huge to post without being an ass) http://i1002.photobucket.com/ albums/af150/The_FalconO6/CurrentLogicalPCBuyingGuide/Guide.png