Anybody playing Day Z?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Luster, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Luster

Luster Well-Known Member

It's a post-apocalyptic zombie survival game. Basically, when you die, your character remains dead on all servers. You're given limited supplies, a pistol, some flares, etc. You have to eat and drink to survive.

Zombies run, game servers support 32+, players have formed 'bandit' groups that hunt other players to raid them for their supplies.

[YOUTUBE]KRpPIyJDSEQ[/YOUTUBE]

2. Strelok

Strelok Well-Known Member

Looks nice, think I'll check it out.
    Thanks Luster ;)

3. A friend of mine has been nagging me to play it for quite a while and I'm loving the idea. I can't spare the money for it though.

4. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

It's a MP mod for Arma 2: Combined Operations. It's next on my list of games to buy, just for the mod!

5. Strelok

Strelok Well-Known Member

I watched a little guide to how to install it and it said that you needed the bought version of ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead.

6. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Ranger_of_the_new_world Well-Known Member

Would the cracked versions work, because buying them both and possably paying for the mod itself is kinda expensive : /

7. Luster

Luster Well-Known Member

Arma 2: Combined Operations (which contains both Arma 2 & Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead) costs only $30 on Steam. The Day Z mod itself is free to download and install.

8. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Arma 2 Day Z Mod

Anyone playing this? I've heard it's an amazing zombie survival game and is in the Steam charts. It just goes to show that if mod tools are included in a game that a game like Arma 2 which was dead in the water can have rocketed sales.

I hope MLL follows suit and includes mod tools.

9. We have a thread on DayZ already.

MLL won't follow suit. THQ is not planning to release mod tools, so you'll have to work with fan half-assed contraptions, just like in M2033.

10. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

This is why I need a PC goddamnit!

But yeah, someone's already got a thread on this.

11. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

(Merged threads)

I would love to get this if my PC had reliable internet. It looks amazing, a real breakthrough in the zombie-game world.

12. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

i might try it,i already own ARMA 2

13. Skaara Dreadlocks

I'm glad this thread caught my attention at this very moment. My best friend had been talking and bragging about this mod for a few days, so I bought it a couple of weeks ago. Well, that is, I bought Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead (JUST for the DayZ mod).

Combined Operations is Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead, but Combined costs a slight bit more because it is Arma2 and Operations in one and the same game, not two different games.

After all the sources I've checked through, DayZ appears to work with both Operation&Arma, and with Combined if you want that instead.

I'm gonna reinstall Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead soon. (Recently re-installed my PC, you see). I and my bud, along with a Steam-friend of mine, are planning to play this online some good time when we all have free from school and work. It's gonna be awesome!

14. [​IMG]

I've played this for a bit and I'm enjoying what I'm seeing so far.

A couple people I know and I scoured the map on some french server last friday when we noticed a group of players on the move. We followed them for a few hours and raided them when they started to set up camp and fortify the warehouse in the Stary Sobor. We lost one man in a resulting firefight, the group's sniper with the DRM rifle refused to die (Or maybe it was lag) and critically injured one of us before bleeding out.

We lost another one when some retarded hobo decided to check out the commotion and killed our point man with his Enfield while I searched the corpses. I shot his legs and left him to die in a horde of zombies that aggroed from the entire town on his location.

I'm currently all set, I've got a tent in the woods in the north of the map and live off the wild animals in the area. I'm looking for downed helicopters in order to find the NVG, ghilie suit and something silenced for the zombies. I'm not sure what I'd like to use as a primary weapon at this point. Should I replace my AKS-74 with an SVD or not?

#14 Komodo Saurian, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2012
  15. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

wow lol everybody is playing it, even in other forums theres always a thread about dayZ...
    worrying about what gonna happen when arma 3 comes out, everybodys gonna playing arma 2 haha.

16. They will be porting the mod to Arma 3.

17. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Guys,i am playing it and i really really need to find somebody to play with? Any volunteers?

18. Good luck with that. I got your PM, but I'm not really looking for anyone to play with right now.

[​IMG]

19. Skaara Dreadlocks

I finally installed DayZ and tried to join servers. At every server, I stop at "loading". I checked out their forums, and a lot of people have this problem appareantly, with no answer on how to fix it. For some, it works to wait for 10-20 minutes, but it didn't for me. I just kept trying server after server until I eventually found one with about 40 players that worked. It was an awful server though. The scavenging of stuff was over-done with less important stuff and almost no weapons at all. There were only a few zombies, and they never attacked me. No matter how close I walked to them, they just walked in the opposite direction. There were no other players around, I couldn't find anyone no matter how much I searched. I was like a ghost in a dead city. Bad impression of it so far, but I'm gonna keep trying to find a good server.

20. You didn't update ARMAII to the latest beta.