Any suggestions of free Mmorpg games?

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by Virtuozo, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Virtuozo

Virtuozo Member

Any suggestions of free Mmorpg games?

2. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

Try some MMORPGs that are running on private servers. though most of them shut down after a few months or a year. Try a private server of Ragnarok if you're into something that looks like a cartoon, or go with a private server RF online if you want some good graphics and gameplay.

3. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

If I get you correctly, if you do a Google search you'll find some, this question prompted me to do so and I can see some free MMORPG. I can see Planet Calypso, the Archeage to mention just a few.

4. OriginRo

OriginRo Member
    Regular

Hey,
    Ragnarok Online is one of the best f2p MMORPG Out there (In my opinion)
    a varity of characters to select from, with each char you have a lot of options for diffrent builds depends on diffrenet skills, stats and equips, which make the varity in the game even bigger
    there are a lot of diffrenet private servers out there which offer diffrenet rates, episode of the game, and diffrenet game mechanics.

check them out, find what you're looking for...
    :)
    Good Luck

5. thisnthat

thisnthat Well-Known Member
    Regular

Is Ragnarok only available on private servers? It seems like a waste to get all invested if they will just get shut down. How much does it cost to play on legit servers or is it unsupported like early WoW?

I've heard Ragnorok is fun, but I'd rather just play legit. Can you still do that?

6. OriginRo

OriginRo Member
    Regular

hey, you can on the official server, this days it doesn't cost to play on official, back in the day it did, but today not anymore,
    but i must say,
    there are private server that alive for a couple of years now without wipes, bugs, or any problem, which if you worried to invest your time and the server will close, then you need not worry...
    I advice to take a look on some of those private servers out there
    or if you prefer the official, you can go with that as well :)

thisnthat likes this.
  7. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'll like invest on games that aren't going to get shut down abruptly. I think Ragnarok would be a great game but for the issue of being available on private servers only. By the way is this a new game.

#7 tony, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  8. OriginRo

OriginRo Member
    Regular

nope, it's quite old actually...
    but it's not only available on private servers, you can play official as well... it's your choise

9. thisnthat

Regular

Thanks for that info. Yeah, I'd much rather do it that way. I don't really feel right about playing on private servers. Plus, you really never know when or if something could go wrong. I'm not entirely sure I trust the people that host them with my info either.

I think I will check out the official server. If it's free, how does that work? You don't buy a download or something? What about a cash shop? They have to make money somehow, even if it's just enough to host the servers (or do they do that through profit from other games?).

I'm really curious and interested now. Nice chatting with you.

10. OriginRo

OriginRo Member
    Regular

They Got Cash Shop, And Premium Account if you donate and this sorta things to keep the income...

11. thisnthat

Regular

I see. How much is the premium account? Is the cash shop stuff that you need to stay competitive or is it basically cosmetic stuff? I hate pay to win games.

I think I'll go look around. I've been so bored lately with no standby game to play. I really need something fun that I can play on and off. I don't have tons of time to play, but it would be nice when I have a bit of time to relax.

12. KloeRinz

KloeRinz Active Member
    Regular

Dragon Nest is a good action MMORPG. It requires actual skill to play. Sure, there's cashing involved but you still need to learn the mechanics of bosses. Even if you don't party with people, solo gaming can be fun because you have to learn the ropes on how to control your character and your class. Well, I don't know if you've heard of the game. It's kind of old too, but still, I think it's quality is still great.

thisnthat likes this.
  13. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I played Ragnarok a little bit and it was pretty good. I did not get into it nearly enough to get a great grasp on it, but it is at least worth a look.

14. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm sorry but no... Not this time because lately these types of games are running low on my list. I'm prioritizing others games.

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Path of Exile is definitely a good, free MMORPG. It's definitely a game where you have to grind a lot to get good items, but it's pretty fun and has a big playerbase.

16. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

Have you tried clash of clan, crystal kingdom? Those two games are going to be lot better in that case. And they seem to be earning many people good money. So on that regard I'd surely choose those games. They seem lot better to me.

17. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

Good to hear that these games are earning people money. I will be interested in such games too.

18. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I find that free MMORPG's come with some sort of catch, either not as appealing as paid ones or simply not having good graphics but a lot of bugs. It really depends on what you're into.

19. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

It is many years since this question was asked. I don't know any current free to play MMORPG other than the old ones.